Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi mate im sorry as im sure we all r to hear this disturbing news im in plymouth so not sure ill be able to help but i hope u get sorted out soon and hope those bds get whats coming to them
    1992 hilux surf ssr-x 2.4 auto 2nd gen LN130

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

Comment

I'm with Albannach on this, I also think they are close to home at present, meaning your local thieving ba$tards are responsible, they'll either end up in the local freeads/ebay/similar or six months down the line you'll see them rolling someone elses 4x4 in your area.H

Comment

I've occasionally wondered about things that I've had nicked. What are you supposed to do if you spot your stuff 6 months, or anytime, later. "'Scuse me mate, those are my wheels" (or whatever the item may be) probably won't get your property returned. Getting physical would get you into trouble one way or another & I don't know if the ol' Bill would be interested following up thefts after a longer period of time.
        Is there a statute of limitations regarding nicked goods & their ownership?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
          I've occasionally wondered about things that I've had nicked. What are you supposed to do if you spot your stuff 6 months, or anytime, later. "'Scuse me mate, those are my wheels" (or whatever the item may be) probably won't get your property returned. Getting physical would get you into trouble one way or another & I don't know if the ol' Bill would be interested following up thefts after a longer period of time.
          Is there a statute of limitations regarding nicked goods & their ownership?
          i've found 2 bicycles before, one was a fairly decent one so handed in at the police station, they said thanked me for handing it in and said if they hadn't heard anything after 1year and a day then it was mine....

369 days later i get a phone call to collect the bike, now bike may never have been stolen but why else does it end up in bushes in a park???

Comment

I will keep my eyes peeled down here too

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Just seen this mate, really gutted for you, all the work you put in on that truck!!!, sincerly hope the cops come up trumps for you, f##kin thieveing bsats, ya really need garage parking these days, hope you get em back, did you have locking nuts on em? not foolproof i know and they'll prob snap off a stud to get em off but it's a bit more bother for the chancer, i'd wig out big time if it were mine and i caught em at it, good luck mate
              They broke in and found the locking key then used it to remove the wheels.
              DONT KEEP THE LOCKING KEY INSIDE THE CAR IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE CAR!

Thanks for all of the supportive comments!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sorry to read all this....the wheels looked great.
                Knowing where you live I would not mind betting that they are in a area beginning with "wood....." as you prob know this is a no go area for the police and is full of trucks such as ours.
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Woodmansterne?
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    They broke in and found the locking key then used it to remove the wheels.
                    DONT KEEP THE LOCKING KEY INSIDE THE CAR IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE CAR!

Thanks for all of the supportive comments!
                    Thats so not a good idea, unless its on your keyring somehow you ARE going to forget it the day you have a puncture.

Its not hard to hide it somewhere, just don't leave it in the center consol or glovebox.

Fingers crossed they turn up in someone known to the cops's garage.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      Thats so not a good idea, unless its on your keyring somehow you ARE going to forget it the day you have a puncture.
                      We know this - but I will not be leaving that in my car again. I'll have to learn to remember!
                      I've tried to think what would happen if they broke in and couldnt find the key - I assume they would slash tyres and break things or may be try and stole the truck.
                      Last edited by dieselboy; 30 September 2010, 12:13.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        About the 23 burglaries, etc....maybe you should consider moving
                        and are you opposed to the term "Pikey" in general ? Would it be more PC to say "Travellers" stole his wheels?

A Pikey IS a theiving scumbag, Real Travellers or Gypsy's hate them as much as you or I.

I have no issue with the word used in this context in this post, and I'll add Thieving Scumbag local Chavs to the list of suspects too.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          A Pikey IS a theiving scumbag, Real Travellers or Gypsy's hate them as much as you or I.

I have no issue with the word used in this context in this post, and I'll add Thieving Scumbag local Chavs to the list of suspects too.
                          Was going to comment on that but slipped my mind. Was thinking about that last night and came to something similar than just what you said. Pikey as in theiving git, rather than a member of the traveller community.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

They'd probably do what I do to get locking wheel nuts off, use the locking wheel nut removal tool you can buy, or even hammer a tight fitting socket over the nut, its really not hard.

My 10x15 M/T alloys have their own deterant, they are grubby and scabby.

Have you got other wheels on it yet?

We know this - but I will not be leaving that in my car again. I'll have to learn to remember!
                            I've tried to think what would happen if they broke in and couldnt find the key - I assume they would slash tyres and break things or may be try and stole the truck.

Comment

Woodmansterne?
                              Yep.........the sites have been there for years. You can walk there from your place your that close!
                              Last edited by Overland Tonka; 30 September 2010, 12:33.
                              .... Which was nice.

Comment

I've got my old 3rd gen wheels back on. It wasnt that difficult to jack the truck back up. Doesnt look as though anything is damaged. The wheels all turn freely without restriction. I needed Charvel and a friend that managed to get a few minutes off work to assist with jacking though.

The only thing I am concerned about is wether there is any drum or disc bent - can cast bend? It's also chipped the paint off my rear drums that I took the time in painting so they wouldnt rust
                                Also, we grabbed the wheel and tried turning it side to side. It seems there is a small amount of play in the steering linkage, not sure if this is a normal amount or whether there was this much before hand. When it goes into the garage I'll have this checked over, I'm wondering if the truck falling on the brake disc could do that.
                                Lastly, they mullered the drivers side door lock, even my key doesnt fit. Is there any way I can replace the lock and keep the same key? I hate having lots of keys like I've had for previous cars
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X