This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    Actually the police officer dealing with my case has obviously been a great help to me. It is actually the Crown Prosecution Service that decided not to take any further action.
    If the CPS aren't taking any action, why aren't the police releasing the wheels to the insurance company? If they say they are investigating his claim to ownership, then explain to them that this is what is known legally as complete bollhocks...

Comment

• Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
      It is always hard to contest an offence where Your vehicle is caught doing it on camera along with a unique identification plate!

Mlud?
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

If the CPS aren't taking any action, why aren't the police releasing the wheels to the insurance company? If they say they are investigating his claim to ownership, then explain to them that this is what is known legally as complete bollhocks...
        The confusing thing is the police contacted the insurance company to ask them to collect the wheels. I told the insurance I wanted to buy from them. The police then said they had to seek legal advice and I think the CPS have got them to contact the thief like I mentioned previously.
        Any attempt at me questioning this method just results in being told "thats not how it works" and "thats not the law" etc etc..
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          Thank you for this. I do not care whether he stole them or not. Fact is that he had possesion of the wheels which the police then recovered. His reasoning is that he purchased them, although he cannot provide the police with who whe purchased them from, or what date or time or any kind of contact information for the person he bought them from or a receipt. These are the facts. This would say to me that he probably did steal them but this is my opinion (not taking into account the previous and long criminal record he is supposed to have).
          You're missing the point, probably because you're emotional about this. Just because he had them, doesn't mean he actually stole them. Just because he didn't have a receipt, doesn't mean he stole them either. FFS, if it were a criminal offence to have an item with no receipt; we'd all be in jail going by your reasoning.

The CPS were correct in not taking this to court, there is no proof of theft and there is no proof he didn't buy them. You have to accept that and move on. You have new wheels, forget this.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by slobodan View Post
            Mlud?
            True enough. And a lot of people escape speeding convictions by claiming not to have been driving at the time.

But lying when asked to declare who was driving amounts to perverting the course of justice. And you are in a whole new world of crap if you get done for that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              You're missing the point, probably because you're emotional about this. Just because he had them, doesn't mean he actually stole them. Just because he didn't have a receipt, doesn't mean he stole them either. FFS, if it were a criminal offence to have an item with no receipt; we'd all be in jail going by your reasoning.

The CPS were correct in not taking this to court, there is no proof of theft and there is no proof he didn't buy them. You have to accept that and move on. You have new wheels, forget this.
              No you're missing the point Andy - whether or not the fecker stole them is wholly irrelevant - but I want to buy those damn wheels and I can't until the police give them back to the insurance company!!! D

Comment

True enough. And a lot of people escape speeding convictions by claiming not to have been driving at the time.
                A workmate of mine tried that, he claimed it was his wife driving. A few days later, he got a letter from the camera folk saing that he may want to reconsider his claim that his wife was driving. They attached the camera picture; it clearly showed him, driving the car and eating a Greggs' mince pie. He got off with the pie munching...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  A workmate of mine tried that, he claimed it was his wife driving. A few days later, he got a letter from the camera folk saing that he may want to reconsider his claim that his wife was driving. They attached the camera picture; it clearly showed him, driving the car and eating a Greggs' mince pie. He got off with the pie munching...
                  Tis a very dangerous game that one...

Comment

• I have a way of beating them, it has worked 5 out of 5 times. Obviously I'm not going to say how.
                    But, if you get one, ask me, you never know.

Comment

• I spent a day anxiously researching the cross border effect of speed cameras after getting flashed by a French camera just short of Calais at just over 170mph last summer...
                      Fortunately the French seem to be far too lazy to bother dealing with the bureaucracy of going through the English system... Although I understand that in theory now you can be liable in the UK for a ticket picked up in France...

PS obviously if there are any law enforcement types reading this post, it is entirely made-up. And anyway it wasn't me. And if it was, my wife was driving.

Comment

• In theory, yes.

In practice, the English (met) don't seem to bother either.

Comment

• I think..

A. You're all Slags (in at least one case ,Slavs) and you're gonna do sum bird innit.

B. It fell down the stairs officer

C. Err...that's it.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• My m8s ave a pickbull innit,

Comment

• I was amused to see a white lambo in London last year festooned with parking tickets. If it was not actually this one, the plates were similar. How I wish I'd been there when the jobsworth traffic warden tried to enter that into his little computer...

Comment

• is is ma baby, sheaint never bit noone eva.
                                shi is gud wiv all my 12 kids innit
                                you got sommat against poeple from leigh innit

Comment

Working...
                                X