This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rally Micra View Post
    Yep.........the sites have been there for years. You can walk there from your place your that close!
    Thing is, I know where that place is and the people that live there are friends of the family! I don't think they would steal anything from me. They know me and my truck - but then again I would like to think that, doesn;t mean they wouldnt.
    I may drive up there and poke my nose around and see what happens.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Swap the lock with the passenger side, that the only way you'll keep the same key.

Discs should be ok, they crack and break rather than bend if you drop the car on them.. (I know, trust me.. LOL) make sure the back plates arn't rubbing, they bend easily. Same for the drums.

unless they jacked it up on the steering arm, i can't see how it would damage the steering, even dropping it hard on the disc/ball joint. Its probably just wear.

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      I've got my old 3rd gen wheels back on. It wasnt that difficult to jack the truck back up. Doesnt look as though anything is damaged. The wheels all turn freely without restriction. I needed Charvel and a friend that managed to get a few minutes off work to assist with jacking though.

The only thing I am concerned about is wether there is any drum or disc bent - can cast bend? It's also chipped the paint off my rear drums that I took the time in painting so they wouldnt rust
      Also, we grabbed the wheel and tried turning it side to side. It seems there is a small amount of play in the steering linkage, not sure if this is a normal amount or whether there was this much before hand. When it goes into the garage I'll have this checked over, I'm wondering if the truck falling on the brake disc could do that.
      Lastly, they mullered the drivers side door lock, even my key doesnt fit. Is there any way I can replace the lock and keep the same key? I hate having lots of keys like I've had for previous cars
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thing is, I know where that place is and the people that live there are friends of the family! I don't think they would steal anything from me. They know me and my truck - but then again I would like to think that, doesn;t mean they wouldnt.
        I may drive up there and poke my nose around and see what happens.
        Fair enough......
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

And remember this

Locks only keep honest people out.

Sorry your wheels got nicked Tony, I know its no fun, but as you may be aware while everyone else got "indignant" as their weekend word, I got "perspective". Nobody has died, nobody got hurt, its annoying and its a nuisance, but its only a few round things that can ultimately be replaced.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Absolutely right. I wouldn't be at all miffed if some scally, who for whatever reason, decided my property needed to become his. Why I'd just shrug my shoulders and remark how much my insurance is these days.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Bogus

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Thats so not a good idea, unless its on your keyring somehow you ARE going to forget it the day you have a puncture.

Its not hard to hide it somewhere, just don't leave it in the center consol or glovebox.

Fingers crossed they turn up in someone known to the cops's garage.
                Agree with that, and it did happen, had to bugger off home from the trye place to get the lock nut adaptor!!
                i do keep it in the truck but it's got a nice little hideing place (not the glove box or console,)
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  absolutely right. I wouldn't be at all miffed if some scally, who for whatever reason, decided my property needed to become his. Why i'd just shrug my shoulders and remark how much my insurance is these days.
                  Feck!! That's subtle for you!!

(but i agree...)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    Feck!! That's subtle for you!!

(but i agree...)
                    It's the new caring,sharing me. I'm not prepared to put things in perspective...I'm proud to be indignant. Quite why it should be acceptable to relinquish your property without as much as a backward glance...
                    If I found out who it was I'd employ the full weight of the law. After all the suspended sentence/fine payable at a quid a week...or whatever derisory sentence is meted out, why I'd shrug my shoulders once more and put it down to 'perspective'.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It's the new caring,sharing me. I'm not prepared to put things in perspective...I'm proud to be indignant. Quite why it should be acceptable to relinquish your property without as much as a backward glance...
                      If I found out who it was I'd employ the full weight of the law. After all the suspended sentence/fine payable at a quid a week...or whatever derisory sentence is meted out, why I'd shrug my shoulders once more and introduce his head to a length of lead pipe

Fixed that for you Gra

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

If I found out who it was I'd employ the full weight of A Baseball bat. After the Hospital stay for broken bones...or whatever I've managed to break, why I'd shrug my shoulders once more and put it down to 'Justice'.

I've edited it too!
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Why thanks for the edit chaps...but thats not my style at all.

Introducing the miscreant to an acquantance...lets call him bluey...who will quite happily roger ANYTHING.

Oh and take pictures.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Introducing the miscreant to an acquantance...lets call him bluey...who will quite happily roger ANYTHING.

Oh and take pictures.
                            Bluey? Just call him Matt, don't feck around..

Comment

Why thanks for the edit chaps...but thats not my style at all.

Oh and take pictures.
                              Okay I'm going to bring this post up a level (or down, or just move it sideways.. I'm still sulking but watch these videos and have a laugh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VsXe3Pu1fE - watch as much as you can stand and then watch this one:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nDUF6D_kTc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnForWPm78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLp8Cssh_M
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Okay I'm going to bring this post up a level (or down, or just move it sideways.. I'm still sulking but watch these videos and have a laugh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VsXe3Pu1fE - watch as much as you can stand and then watch this one:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nDUF6D_kTc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnForWPm78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLp8Cssh_M
                                She should do Pussy cat dolls - dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me!
                                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                                X