Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tony. Gutted for you, mate. Hope the worthless pieces of 5h1t that did this to you die a long, slow, agonising death!....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Just seen this mate, really gutted for you, all the work you put in on that truck!!!, sincerly hope the cops come up trumps for you, f##kin thieveing bsats, ya really need garage parking these days, hope you get em back, did you have locking nuts on em? not foolproof i know and they'll prob snap off a stud to get em off but it's a bit more bother for the chancer, i'd wig out big time if it were mine and i caught em at it, good luck mate
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It's absolutely gutting when something like this happens to you. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case I see anything being hawked around.

I'm certainly not a paid up member of the hang 'em, flog 'em brigade but I would've torn the scum who stole my motorbike limb from limb. That never turned up so I guess it must've been broken for parts (or even sold abroad).

I hope your insurance claim goes through smoothly too.

Comment

Food for thought .....
          On a slightly different note Tony (I know ya shouldn't have to)
          But not only have I a Cat 1 Alarm /Immobiliser on me Harley, I have data dot security tracing on an assortment of it's components too...

Jess

"Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Now this is bad news but i will keep a look out in this neck of the wood's.

Comment

Tony I am really really sorry to hear about this, all I can do is offer support. Again I feel for you.

Tony.
              Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

sorry to hear about the wheels keep an eye out they might comeback looking for the trolly jacks or new wheels when they are on

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wheels Tony. As graham said, take your time lifting it back up, we don't want you getting hurt because of this. Lift it a corner at a time, replacing one wheel at a time, don't try to be fancy and lift it all or try to lift axle pairs.

Remember, don't get worked up about it, it's just a set of wheels, it's not that important. I'm very blaze about theft, it's happened to me too many times to let it bother me, my attitude now is that it's just stuff and inconvenience; stuff can be replaced, the inconvenience is a bit of a pain though. Suddenly insurance and claims adjusters become worthwhile, now that the shit has hit the fan.

Before anyone starts on a rant at me, unless you've lost everything you own (twice), have had 2 cars stolen and 23 burglaries (in addition to the 2 big ones), don't bother.

And again, those people who say it was 'Pikeys', if you know this, tell the authorities who it was; if you don't know, shut up.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Mr

Now thats Bad
                    Spooky tho as i maybe on the lookout for a set of standard 15" rims/tyres for a new venture in the hatching as it were
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your wheels Tony. As graham said, take your time lifting it back up, we don't want you getting hurt because of this. Lift it a corner at a time, replacing one wheel at a time, don't try to be fancy and lift it all or try to lift axle pairs.

Remember, don't get worked up about it, it's just a set of wheels, it's not that important. I'm very blaze about theft, it's happened to me too many times to let it bother me, my attitude now is that it's just stuff and inconvenience; stuff can be replaced, the inconvenience is a bit of a pain though. Suddenly insurance and claims adjusters become worthwhile, now that the shit has hit the fan.

Before anyone starts on a rant at me, unless you've lost everything you own (twice), have had 2 cars stolen and 23 burglaries (in addition to the 2 big ones), don't bother.

And again, those people who say it was 'Pikeys', if you know this, tell the authorities who it was; if you don't know, shut up.
                      you're so right.
                      About the 23 burglaries, etc....maybe you should consider moving
                      and are you opposed to the term "Pikey" in general ? Would it be more PC to say "Travellers" stole his wheels?
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Gutting as if may seem, Albannach is right; it's just "stuff" .

It seems to precise a theft to be "pikeys", if they had keys the vehical would be gone.
                        Someone who knows where they can sell some of those wheels fast stole them; the police will probably see it the same way too.

Keep our eyes peeled on ebay and classified adds in papers if not there, they are probably on another vehical by now.

And be careful jacking it up.

Chin up mate

peace
                        cal
                        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          About the 23 burglaries, etc....maybe you should consider moving
                          I did move (but still own the flat), most of them were from my flat in Falkirk. It all started when they built a Hostel accross the road from the flat. In one 18 month period, it was done 14 times. The others were from my house when I was married and from the flat at other times outwith my 'bad' spell.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Oh no honey - gutted for you. Will keep my eyes an ears open - bstds want stringing up
                            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Guttd for you Tony. I could have committed murder quite easily when I saw the legs of the F*cker dangling out of my car whilst he nicked my SatNav...

Couple of things from the comments on here.
                              If it was a "nick it, get it to the docks and gone" robbery, they would usually do quite a few in an area, have the police said about any spates?
                              Nicking to order is certainly a possibility, but my bet is on these going in to storage for a while, being muddied up or seperated and then stuck on Fleabay.
                              That's what i'd do, but then again i'm not a brainless thieving scumbag.

Having said all that, you pay Insurance for exactly this reason. Get your new ones, fit the alarm, and move on.

Life's too short bud.
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience. I'll definitely look out for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X