Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279

that almost demands printing and turning into a bumper sticker
    The guy who runs the site (and sells the t-shirts) is apparently looking for someone to print them for him.

Comment

Its easy to spot the stupid bikers who have no idea whats going on around them. They are the ones in hospital cos some dozy sod in a repmobile has colided with them.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I've never had a bike and never would. Way too scary for me. I ride a pushbike around London, so I know what it's like to be hated, but that's a different story.

Anyway, I have to say that the level of enthusiasm in the thumbs up or even shouted thanks that I get from bike riders when I move over to the side of a lane so they can squeeze through tells me everything I need to know about how they are treated by most drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Jeremy Clarkson, Quentin Wilson, Richard Hammond, James May, Vickey Butler-Henderson, Chris Goffey, and Tiff Needel are the people I would most like to sit around a table in a country pub on a Sunday afternoon and just talk cars with.

make it just Vicky, wot a voice and laugh
          Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Jeremy Clarkson, Quentin Wilson, Richard Hammond, James May, Vickey Butler-Henderson, Chris Goffey, and Tiff Needel are the people I would most like to sit around a table in a country pub on a Sunday afternoon and just talk cars with.

make it just Vicky, wot a voice and laugh

how did that happen twice?????
            Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Click on edit, and you can delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                Oh to speak without experiance. Learn to ride a motorcycle, it will change your opinion. Yes I am an ex-motorcyclist, yes there are pratts out there but riding a motorcycle is a different art (and with most car drivers staying alive on a bike is an art).

I do however like the fact that you have read and abide by the highway code, with this knowledge I know for a fact that I have never meet you.

My dig at lorry drivers is one I throw at all the drivers at work cause I know the limiters drive them up the wall, and they are only so low because of the flamming EU.

In my last job I used to do 500 miles a shift, mostly at high speed, so have seen quite a bit of other peoples driving, enougth to know mine can be absolutley sh t sometimes.

Oh I like Top Gear.
                I always speak from experience and although I said that I have not owned a motorbike and dislike them I don't remeber adding that I have not used one. I have and that is where my opinion is formed from. I always abide the highway code as I think that it is there to protect all road users. Maybe if I offer an explanation: if I was to have an accident that I caused through my own negligence or disregard to others I would find this extremely hard to come to terms with. Particuarly should anyone be killed or critically injured.

On another point, I do a lot of cycling both road and rough track. I agree that there are car drivers who don't have regard and all too often a ride is spoilt by some dick head.

Sorry to hear you like clarkson though, try another channel they have "motoring" programmes that actually have cars in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  Its easy to spot the stupid bikers who have no idea whats going on around them. They are the ones in hospital cos some dozy sod in a repmobile has colided with them.
                  But, the bike has to share some of the blame some of the time don't they? What about a rep on a motorbike - just does'nt bare thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                    But, the bike has to share some of the blame some of the time don't they? What about a rep on a motorbike - just does'nt bare thinking about.
                    Yes its the bike(r)s fault they aren't big enough for the gormless amoung the driving community to see, and now because of the new regs, bikes aren't loud enough to hear coming either.. Its also the bike(r)s fault that they cannot balance on roundabouts sploshed with diesel by drivers who really really have to fill their tanks right to the top.... tsk, bikers eh? who would have em...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      Yes its the bike(r)s fault they aren't big enough for the gormless amoung the driving community to see, and now because of the new regs, bikes aren't loud enough to hear coming either.. Its also the bike(r)s fault that they cannot balance on roundabouts sploshed with diesel by drivers who really really have to fill their tanks right to the top.... tsk, bikers eh? who would have em...
                      Yep, best thing to do is ban bikes. How dare they slide about on deisel that I've probably paid for and then try to make a claim. I blame Toyota myself as if they put a reasonable size tank on in the first place I may not have to fill it to the brim. If they went circumvented a roundabout at a reasonable speed then maybe they would have seen it on the road in the first place. As for the noise, they are noisier than most cars except the silly chav mobiles with the exagerated waste gates. I agree though that size matters, never had any problems in that area though!

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                        Are you one of those anoying ones that sit in the middle lane for five miles trying to overtake the lorry in the inside lane, while both of you are sitting on your speed limiters waiting for a hill so the load weight makes the difference?

Not me, our new trucks are fast as f*ck. Take anything on the road now!!

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                          Unless they are driving a 2.4 Surf without the fuel tweaking mod!
                          It doesn't matter what vehicle it is. Only certain vehicles have limiters. Everything else has no excuse. Period.

Comment

Besides, why is this argument even going this far. Vehicle choice is irrelevant. A nobwipe is a nobwipe. What they are in control of at the time is of no import.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                              Not me, our new trucks are fast as f*ck. Take anything on the road now!!
                              This is just the reason why they have limiters. They are not made for high speed, but to be driven responsibly. With all that weight they need to be able to stop rather than crush everything in their path in the event of an emergency stop needed.

Comment

I used to pull the fuse on a Limiter on MERCS
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X