Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolsv650
    Clarkson is for the 4x4 & he hates environmentalists more than me. Yes he is a complete pillock where motorbikes are concerned

They should bring tiff back, just for the clarkson/needell sparing!
    Oh no, I may actually have something that I agree with clarkson on. I too have the utmost dislike for motor bikes. Yes, I'm sure that there is someone out there that actually rides these machines properly and considerately but I am yet to meet them. One question I have to ask, is there a seperate Highway Code for motor cyclists? There is one that reguarly passes my house at about 11pm every night and causes his machine to backfire. This is bad enough but it is following an estimated 80 to 90 mph blast along a stretch of 30 mph road. My wife says that I am heartless when I say that when he eventually comes a cropper there will be a unaminous cheer along the street.

Don't wish to offend anyone that rides responsibly but that's how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
      Oh no, I may actually have something that I agree with clarkson on. I too have the utmost dislike for motor bikes. Yes, I'm sure that there is someone out there that actually rides these machines properly and considerately but I am yet to meet them. One question I have to ask, is there a seperate Highway Code for motor cyclists? There is one that reguarly passes my house at about 11pm every night and causes his machine to backfire. This is bad enough but it is following an estimated 80 to 90 mph blast along a stretch of 30 mph road. My wife says that I am heartless when I say that when he eventually comes a cropper there will be a unaminous cheer along the street.

Don't wish to offend anyone that rides responsibly but that's how it is.

Mmmm I'm sorry to say this, but I think you are a bit judgementle. What's wrong with bikes? It's the riders that are the problem, not the bikes. But if you have owned a bike then you will know that "CAR" drivers are the most lethal thing on the road, as they never look and are hell bent on killing you.

I love ALL forms of transport with an engine. You need to lighten up a little, enjoy the internal combustion engine while you still can.

Do you work for a Labour council by any chance??

Comment

By the way, I LOVED the rocket. Lot's of global warming gasses. There's lovely!!!

Comment

The rocket was special and the clarkson's decision NOT to take part make it for me.

Cars are nothing more than transport to me if I want fun I ride my bike, 200mph+ or cruising 5 countries in one day. I drive if I need cursing every mile, I ride for fun loving every long journey (even better now with them car catching Specs cameras).

Time for JC to retire and take his uptight, snobby, anal attitude with him. He's nowt but a talking Tenna Lady

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            But if you have owned a bike then you will know that "CAR" drivers are the most lethal thing on the road, as they never look and are hell bent on killing you.
            Who being judgemental now?!?!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Who being judgemental now?!?!

I'm judgemental on everyone, I'm a truck driver.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                I'm sticking up to the fat guy, read all the books, completely funny and clever guy, I think most people just don't get him.

I'd have Clarkson running the country over anyone we've got ATM.

Absolutely agree! He's an opinionated boorish arrogant git but he could be my beer buddy any day!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  I'm judgemental on everyone, I'm a truck driver.
                  Are you one of those anoying ones that sit in the middle lane for five miles trying to overtake the lorry in the inside lane, while both of you are sitting on your speed limiters waiting for a hill so the load weight makes the difference?
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                    Are you one of those anoying ones that sit in the middle lane for five miles trying to overtake the lorry in the inside lane, while both of you are sitting on your speed limiters waiting for a hill so the load weight makes the difference?
                    At least the lorry drivers have an excuse for taking awhile in the middle lane like that, unlike the people in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      At least the lorry drivers have an excuse for taking awhile in the middle lane like that, unlike the people in cars.
                      Yeah, they are a dumb idea, lets make everything travel at almost the same speed, that should create miles of queues and no one can get a move on to get past something travelling slightly slower than you.

No exaggeration, I travelled from Hook to Basingstoke on the M3 the other day, at about 75mph, passed loads of people, but didn't move out of the inside lane apart from to pass a 1 or 2 lorrys.

Moving across 3 lanes to pass someone on their own in the middle lane is dangerous, and they don't even get the hint when you've gone passed in your lane, just carry on blocking up the road.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        [Rant]
                        Well said, coming down the M1 yesterday i was getting somewhat frustrated with half mile long gaps in the inside lane and everyone using the middle and outside lanes. So if i undertook any of you [not that i saw any surfs] and 6 other cars at the same time i apologise but why weren't you using the inside lane?

I wasn't speeding, in fact i was doing little more than 60 most of the time, and i was still got plenty room to undertake 4 or 6 cars at at a time. OK the traffic was heavy but may have been less hard work for everyone if the same amount of traffic had been using 3 lanes properly. Yes it was stationary for quite a while and when it's stop start i agree you should stay in the lane you're in.

I know i'm gonna get shot down for this so i'm gonna run and hide til the mornin.

[/rant]
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                          [Rant]
                          Well said, coming down the M1 yesterday i was getting somewhat frustrated with half mile long gaps in the inside lane and everyone using the middle and outside lanes. So if i undertook any of you [not that i saw any surfs] and 6 other cars at the same time i apologise but why weren't you using the inside lane?

I wasn't speeding, in fact i was doing little more than 60 most of the time, and i was still got plenty room to undertake 4 or 6 cars at at a time. OK the traffic was heavy but may have been less hard work for everyone if the same amount of traffic had been using 3 lanes properly. Yes it was stationary for quite a while and when it's stop start i agree you should stay in the lane you're in.

I know i'm gonna get shot down for this so i'm gonna run and hide til the mornin.

[/rant]

I do the same thing in those situations mate, feck um!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                            Not at all, mate. I'm with you on this one..
                            It just does, OK?

Comment

The UK is one of the few EU countries where it is still illegal to undertake, the coo's arse as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                                The UK is one of the few EU countries where it is still illegal to undertake, the coo's arse as usual.
                                It is one law that I do fully agree with when it's used within it's context. It is, however, open to interpretation. For example, the point Nero made. That technically wouldn't be classed as undertaking providing he wasn't re-entering the middle lane immediately after passing those vehicles. If traffic in the middle lane is moving more slowly than you, it's not undertaking. However, taken within its true context to prevent the numpties who weave from lane to lane with no regard, I honestly think it would be absolute folly to remove that law. You have several people within roughly the same space trying to do that at the same time, (and they would), and it is not merely a probability that there will be an accident.

Comment

Working...
                                X