Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone,i have been reading so much about do's and donts about veg oil my head is hurting! Can a sticky thread be made up of the facts and findings of people here now that is just made up of information about what exactly has to be done and how to do it with best places to get the parts required?without all the bits about where to get oil etc, but just how to's on instalation?cheers rob

Comment

• you don't really need to do any mods to the truck Rob to run svo/wvo.A few fit an inline heater that just warms the oil before it gets to the fuel pump but i have and like most others have been using it without fitting a heater.During the colder months run about 50/50 or maybe a bit less svo/wvo depending how cold it is and how your truck runs on it.
      I normally get the KTC oil from Tesco extra at Pool but i keep looking around for the cheapest rapeseed oil i can find which at the moment Morrisons were cheapest last week at 89p/p/l
      When you start using svo/wvo have a new fuel filter at hand as the oil can loosen the crap in the fuel tank and block the filter.
      Start off by using 10l say of oil and build the mix up till the truck starts running like crap then reduce the mix till the truck is running ok.
      I can run mine on nearly 100% during warm weather without any mods but every truck is different
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBeaky View Post
        Still 75p/l at Makro - that's 36p/l cheaper than Derv round here. Allowing for the slightly higher consumption on SVO, I'm still saving 30p/l - I don't think it's quite that dead...
        I know this post is a month old, but £1.01 a litre for derv? Its £1.22 round here now, and the cheapest I saw on my Welsh odyssey last weekend was £1.17 in the shadows of Stanlow.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• i have been in thailand for 1 month. before i went pura veg oil was 57p litre at tesco's came back this week and found same stuff had gone up to 107p.

WHATS HAPPENED?????

tesco's own brand has only gone up a few pence so now its cheaper.

Pete
          Now surfing in the sun

Comment

• Start to shop around theres plenty of WVO and its FREE.
            I fill a 45 gallon drum leave to settle for 1/2 weeks drain the water and whites from the bottom, pump the remaining oil through a series of filters 80down to 5 micro then straight in the motor, add diesel and rug to desired mix.
            Have two drums so when one is settling the other one is being used. Its hard to build a good colloction round but it can be done.

Comment

• I was going to do this due to the thieves that run this country taxing everyone to oblivion, but as someone else said the prices of cooking oil have also gone through the roof, the cheapest I can find anywhere is £1.19 a litre.. the same almost as diesel... I guess the British public have been well and truly kicked in the face by this governent and there is no way to avoid these crippling taxes.. so much for this alleged environment rubbish, SVO etc is much less polluting than Derv.... Still, ill never use public transport, ill just have to take the risk and look for somewhere that sells Red diesel instead...

Steve

Comment

• Does the anti foaming agent in certain veggie oils cause problems? All the 20 litre drums at Costco had it added.

cheapest i have found elsewhere is 95p/l at Aldi and no limit to amount you can buy in any one purchase.
                Now surfing in the sun

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrot View Post
                  Does the anti foaming agent in certain veggie oils cause problems? All the 20 litre drums at Costco had it added.

cheapest i have found elsewhere is 95p/l at Aldi and no limit to amount you can buy in any one purchase.

Will run no probs I used that oil all the time and was fine. 95p/l in Aldi god I mind it was 52p and I moaned then lol
                  Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

• Originally posted by mark1316 View Post
                    Will run no probs I used that oil all the time and was fine. 95p/l in Aldi god I mind it was 52p and I moaned then lol
                    Oi you ole bugga hows ya doing
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• i used it for ages till i got my fuelpod... now just get waste from pubs etc and make bio deisel..

if anyone know of any chemical companies that i can buy methanol & methylate from around barnsley / rotherham / sheffield / leeds

can you let me know who and a contact number?

ta muchly

Stu
                      http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

• Have a look on this site http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php in the clasified area I think a guy called printer8 sells Methonal and No'ah

Comment

• Awesome many thanks
                          http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

• Went to Aldi saturday oil 95p/lt tuesday 115p/lt robbing b******ds

Will try the stuff with added anti foaming agent.

thanks for advice guys
                            Last edited by pedrot; 13 June 2008, 07:33.
                            Now surfing in the sun

Comment

• Just got back from my local ASDA in P'Boro and I bought 15ltrs SVO for £14.72 thats 0.9814 per ltr. They had loads of them and 2 different types. The £14.72 was KTC. Oh, and its "naturally low in cholesterol" so maybe it won't bung-up yer pipes

Take a look www.ktc-edibles.com
                              If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

• KTC is 83p a litre at Costco, if you know anyone with a membership card, and have one local.
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X