Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks clean, drop some in a hot frying pan and see if it spits ir bubbles if it does not then filter and use.

Comment

• OK with Diwali just about finishing I have noticed that a lot of places (Specially Asian) Wholesalers (one of my friends showed me Falcon in Leicester) are selling Sunflower Oil cheaper than Diesel at the pump.

I bought over the weekend 30Lts for £22.

I am now running around with 25 Lts of BioDiesel from Morrison’s and 20 Lts of Sunflower oil and its running like a dream no problems at all. This is my second attempt at something like this and my truck seems not to be having any problems at all.

may thanks for the advice chaps it puts your mind at rest when you have so many helpful people telling you everything will be OK.
      Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

• Try Costco @ just over £13 for 20 litres ......
        Starting my 6th week on 100% Nutty oil (n No Diesel) @ 6.5p a litre n

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya never know when tho !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

• [QUOTE=Diezel Weazel;589602]Try Costco @ just over £13 for 20 litres ......
          Starting my 6th week on 100% Nutty oil (n No Diesel) @ 6.5p a litre n
          QUOTE]

Show off

Arent you using WVO and thats why you are running so cheap. I have been looking into the Kit for changing to WVO but at the moment i am happy running slightly cheaper than the pump with another side effect that i am running a 3.0Lt and looking after the environment too..

Comment

• If ya knew me ya'd know I'm no show off, just passing on helpful hints n tips !! (I had previously been using SVO for about 3 n half years)
            8 weeks ago the opportunity arose for some WVO (hope ya find a source soon) n you too can enjoy the benefits ....
            ps....
            I'm not running any special kits
            Good Luck ....

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya never know when tho !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Opps lookes like i might have upset another member (sry).. Was not meant as a dig mate.

Think I will look at it next year and find out exactly whats required, but in the mean time i think Canvasing the local Chipy's might be in order.

Do you run a heated system?
              Do you have a Diesel Tank for starting?

Comment

• Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                OK with Diwali just about finishing I have noticed that a lot of places (Specially Asian) Wholesalers (one of my friends showed me Falcon in Leicester) are selling Sunflower Oil cheaper than Diesel at the pump.

I bought over the weekend 30Lts for £22.

I am now running around with 25 Lts of BioDiesel from Morrison’s and 20 Lts of Sunflower oil and its running like a dream no problems at all. This is my second attempt at something like this and my truck seems not to be having any problems at all.

may thanks for the advice chaps it puts your mind at rest when you have so many helpful people telling you everything will be OK.

That equates to 74p per litre which is pretty good. ( 22 quid divided by 30 litres = 0.73333333333)
                The cheapest I am able to get right now is 84p per litre.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                  Opps lookes like i might have upset another member (sry).. Was not meant as a dig mate.

Think I will look at it next year and find out exactly whats required, but in the mean time i think Canvasing the local Chipy's might be in order.

Do you run a heated system?
                  Do you have a Diesel Tank for starting?

Why who ya bin upsetting !! No upset or probs here
                  NO
                  NO

[Quote=Dieselboy;589614That equates to 74p per litre which is pretty good. ( 22 quid divided by 30 litres = 0.73333333333)
                  The cheapest I am able to get right now is 84p per litre. [Quote]

Think costco's worked out at 67 or 68p recently (always looking)
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Hmm Costco hmm is miles away

Comment

• [FONT="Arial"]Yes I definately want to use veg oil! Having bought my first ever 4x4 - to tow heavy stuff through fields, I'm getting 'green flack'. I'm going 20% tomorrow - to test. I'll let you know.. Excellent thread, btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupadarshin View Post
                        [FONT="Arial"]Yes I definately want to use veg oil! Having bought my first ever 4x4 - to tow heavy stuff through fields, I'm getting 'green flack'. I'm going 20% tomorrow - to test. I'll let you know.. Excellent thread, btw.
                        Good luck.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Testing now..

I filled with 40 litres diesel - and 10 of sunflower at 95p per.. (Lidl) Shocking prices! and a stack of bottles to recycle.. I'll see how the test goes as I run this lot through . While I was at it, I learned how to bleed the beast - by running on air as I pulled into the pump! She would not start after the fill.. My garage gave me a swift advice call - and sorted it immediately - impressing another Toyota driver who'd homed in on the problem! All good. Later..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupadarshin View Post
                            I filled with 40 litres diesel - and 10 of sunflower at 95p per.. (Lidl) Shocking prices! and a stack of bottles to recycle.. I'll see how the test goes as I run this lot through . While I was at it, I learned how to bleed the beast - by running on air as I pulled into the pump! She would not start after the fill.. My garage gave me a swift advice call - and sorted it immediately - impressing another Toyota driver who'd homed in on the problem! All good. Later..
                            I have been regularly putting 20lts a week in and not had any problems yet. Basically i am putting 20 Lts in then filling up with Bio Diesel from Morrisons. Works well for me

Have you got any Asian Wholesale places around where you live as i find they are the best supplier of Vegi oil that i can find, regularly buying at £14 for 20Lts.

Good luck with your testing mate!!

Comment

• hi guys
                              i go to my local veg oil recycler and i put 40 litres of used filtered veg oil in and mix about 20 or so litres diesel and its fine used to do the same on my transit apparently the denso pumps r more tolorent to the veg oil and ive not had a prob with it
                              1992 hilux surf ssr-x 2.4 auto 2nd gen LN130

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

Comment

• Originally posted by pauly View Post
                                hi guys
                                i go to my local veg oil recycler and i put 40 litres of used filtered veg oil in and mix about 20 or so litres diesel and its fine used to do the same on my transit apparently the denso pumps r more tolorent to the veg oil and ive not had a prob with it

How much does the used oil cost from somewhere like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X