Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wont use wvo ever again , my tank was full of fat flakes when i took the tank off today and flushed it out , i had about an inch deep of fat deposits in my bucket , wvo had been filtered 4 times through really fine cloth , got loads of fat out of it each time too . basically it ended up clogging the pick up pipe and choked the surf of derv after about 20 miles of doing 70 mph .

i had done almost 2000 miles on wvo mind ya before my troubles started , but dropping the tank off every now and again would be a right pain in the arse if i keep using it .

Comment

• Just got a reply from HMRC after simply asking if using SVO comes under the 2500 litre duty free ruling. they said ;

'Biofuels Simplification

Thank you for your e-mail dated 6 October 2007 regarding the use of
      unused vegetable oil/Biodiesel in your car and whether you have to
      register with H M Revenue and Customs [HMRC].

I can confirm that if you use less than 2,500 litres of Straight
      Vegetable Oil [SVO] [new and unused rapeseed vegetable oil, Tesco
      cooking oil, etc] per annum as road fuel in your diesel car, you will
      not have to pay any excise duty to HM Revenue & Customs '

i know we already thought this was so , now its crystal clear if it wasnt before
      Grant

Comment

• Tesco Extra down here have put the price of the KTC 15L drum up from £8.20 to £9.92 a couple of weeks ago and today i have just gone in and they have put the price up again to £10.09 for 15L.They are meant to be leaders in greener fuel and they penalise you aswell now,what a joke
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• corn oil 49p lidl.....
          Grant

Comment

• A couple of things I noticed when using the oil, one the fuel pump started to leak then switching back to diesel it would stop again.
            When I removed the cylinder head the ports behind the valves had a lot of soft sludge stuck to the walls.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodjazz
              A couple of things I noticed when using the oil, one the fuel pump started to leak then switching back to diesel it would stop again.
              When I removed the cylinder head the ports behind the valves had a lot of soft sludge stuck to the walls.
              oh really?
              would this be combatted with straight diesel every now and then, or white spirit or redex may be?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy
                oh really?
                would this be combatted with straight diesel every now and then, or white spirit or redex may be?
                Unsure about that. The only other time i heard that mentioned is when a biodiesel expert was tryin to scare me. The sludge could be from something else i think, unless too high an amount was used and for too long
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

• Originally posted by internetsurfer
                  i wont use wvo ever again , my tank was full of fat flakes when i took the tank off today and flushed it out , i had about an inch deep of fat deposits in my bucket
                  Filter at the temp you will be using it. Fat forms at different temperatures, and if you are filtering hot but pouring in to a car that sees colder weather, then the fat will separate and fall out.

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                  Unsure about that. The only other time i heard that mentioned is when a biodiesel expert was tryin to scare me. The sludge could be from something else i think, unless too high an amount was used and for too long
                  Many TDI and others have complained. It’s incomplete burn. Some have tried water injection to try to clean the stuff out. Haven’t seen any results yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                    Could be I used 100% Tescos finest (cheapest) oil for a weekly run of a couple of hundred miles.
                    But I then swapped back to Diesel for the colder weather.

Originally posted by dieselboy
                    oh really?
                    No I tried diesel and redex only works in the combustion chamber by burning the coke off

Comment

• Veg Oil

Isnt there something about not having to register and its ok to use veg oil up to 2500 ltrs without breaking the law?

Comment

• veg oil

forget question just found a previos thread,,,,,,, but how will they know if i use over 2500 ltrs pa?

Comment

• veg oil

from a previos thread i assumed i could buy up to 2500 ltrs pa of new oil and use it......... not produce up to 2500 ltrs.......... can i just buy and use it?

Comment

• Originally posted by riverside
                            from a previos thread i assumed i could buy up to 2500 ltrs pa of new oil and use it......... not produce up to 2500 ltrs.......... can i just buy and use it?

Every time you buy veg oil, you need to keep your receipts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Every time you buy veg oil, you need to keep your receipts.
                              I kept the till reciepts from tesco's but because they are on the old fax type thermal paper, they are now all blank, what do I do about that??
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• As I read it, you have to keep a record of your usage, not receipts.
                                Receipts will only prove you DID buy the oil, not that you DIDN'T, which is more the case at issue here.
                                I keep a record of all the fuel I put in my truck, and note when it is veg and when Derv.
                                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X