• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makro is now at 10.70 for 20litre veg oil botbox - CROYDON
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
      Tesco Extra down here have lowered the price of their KTC Pure Veg Oil from £8.40 to £8.20 for 15l drum.Keep it going i say.The lower the price the more i'll use it
      It still works out cheaper to buy the 3ltr jugs from tesco / morrisons as for 15ltrs its £8.10
      http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
        It still works out cheaper to buy the 3ltr jugs from tesco / morrisons as for 15ltrs its £8.10
        It all depends on what area you live in aswell as down here the 3l bottles of tesco rapeseed oil is £1.69 for 3l which works out at £8.45 and more
        c rap to get rid of whereas the 15l drum of ktc is £8.20 which works out at £1.64 for 3l so a sving of 5p a litre.Its a case of shopping around and working out what is the best buy
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• DONE IT !!!!!!

finally got round to trying it out for myself. Tonight 15ltrs of tesco's veg went in followed closely by 27 ltrs of bp diesel.
          Hopefully this is just the start (especially as im driving up to skegness next week!)
          How soon will i need to change the fuel filter??
          Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

• buy one now and keep it in the motor, free off the existing one then re fit it so you can change it by hand when it starts running poorly, worked for me anyway, especially if you've got a long trip coming up. Take this into your local factors and they 'll sort you one out http://outgoing.bauchan.org/toyota_s...fo/filters.txt
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

• Cheers Nero, i've got one on order from roughtrax, should be here tomorow with my new rad and bits!
              Thanks for the tip, i'd never have thought of that!
              Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

• i filtered 25L of waste veg oil today , pillow case method . got half way through and linen just wont let anymore through , whats the crack there then , i cant be buying pillow cases to do this .

any other kind of linen or filter media work better than others ??

tried 2 pair of old nylon tights with knots in the legs to shorten them. GOOD RESULT .
                Last edited by internetsurfer; 26 August 2007, 10:08.

Comment

• Lidl are selling corn oil for 49p per litre.

Comment

• i have not yet needed to change my fuel filter more often running on veg - every 10k kms for the last few years as normal
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

• well i did a few tousand miles on veg oil did nothing to my surf at all
                      silk stockings make a very good filter
                      Last edited by JUDWAK; 30 September 2007, 13:23. Reason: i fluffed up
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

• well i did a few tousand miles on veg oil did nothing to my surf at all
                        silk stockings make a very good filter
                        cut an old bottle up cut off the top and botton put the stocking over and through the bottle gaffer tape it on rise out with boiling water after use leve to dry
                        ran a jcb like that for years
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

• Bio diesel

It might be worth adding that Custom and excise now de-register you for fuel duty if you produce less than 2,500litres per annum. So you don't pay tax.
                          An interesting thought "what is a Producer". I asked C&E if I could subcontract my production to a commercial supplier, From Newcastle the answer was "Yes" however my local supplier asked Liverpool and they said "no" so the answer is a little in the air.
                          However would you be a "producer" if you bought veg oil from Tesco at 59p a litre and added a slug of Redex to it (it is quite effective). You have then "produced" a engine fuel from a vegetable oil! Or have you?
                          My 2.4 Surf runs well on bio diesel although the supplier says I might have to cut it with diesel in the cold weather (if we ever get any of that).

Comment

• hi all , ive already asked this but probably on the wrong thread, but can you simply mix waste veg oil with diesel and use it without modding the fuel system?
                            Grant

Comment

• Originally posted by paintballer
                              hi all , ive already asked this but probably on the wrong thread, but can you simply mix waste veg oil with diesel and use it without modding the fuel system?
                              you need to filter it first but yes you can after its filtered
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce
                                you need to filter it first but yes you can after its filtered

take the chips out too!
                                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X