This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joker??
    hehe you are more than likely looking in the wrong place, in my tesco's they dont have it with the bottles of oil
    the stupid idiots have put it by pasta @ rice etc
    They're muppets at Tesco's for that. I'll have another peek. They do that with vinegar as well. Is it in the English condiments section? Nope. It's in the foreign condiments and spices section. Muppets.

Originally posted by joker??
    couldn't find it myself , then stumbed on it the other week[ no aint suing ]
    Christ, that must be a first. You not complaining. Go on, give 'em some of your Barry treatment.

Comment

• in our tesco extra the drums are on their own and not with all the other cooking oils
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Costco

Originally posted by MattF
        I've never yet seen these mythical, (round our way), Tesco's drums.
        I use the stuff from Costco - 20l drum for £10.45.

Check the costco website you may find that you can join www.costco.co.uk - The yearly membership is well worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by joker??
          tesco's do 15 litre drums £8.40 just bought two to go in my truck for monday
          Dave ya coulda got 3 drums & still bin inside your weekly quota & save some Money aswell !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

• makro £9.79
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• our tescos only started stocking the 15l drums when they expanded to a "super store" or what ever they call it!
              experimenting with mixing svo with proper bio diesel, 86p/l from these guys

http://www.viridine.co.uk/

at the mo running about 60% bio diesel 40% svo

ps viridine are top guys nice set up and deliver localy (to them!)

shaun
              Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

• Just for the sake of reference, here's a list of the properties of the various oils. (About a third of the way down the page).

http://vegburner.co.uk/oils.htm

Comment

• Thats got to be the longest thread i've ever read in a forum!
                  But boy am i glad i did. As a newbie to surf ownership i was only mildly curious about vege running, now (with the change in duties) i am definately going to give it a try. (after i've read all the info in the mass of links you lot have posted) Just two small questions.........
                  1, Is everyone fairly confident that it doesn't contribute to the problem of cracked heads that the surfs seem to be vulnerable to?

2, Does anyone know a way of telling if the head has ever been replaced?
                  (92' Import 2.4 TD)

Thanks for all this info fellas.
                  Alan
                  www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by tintin
                    1, Is everyone fairly confident that it doesn't contribute to the problem of cracked heads that the surfs seem to be vulnerable to?

2, Does anyone know a way of telling if the head has ever been replaced?
                    (92' Import 2.4 TD)....
                    There does not appear to be any connection between the use of veg-oil and the cylinder head failures. These are due to a design flaw which promotes cracking during high temperature (overheat) running. Burning veggie will not increase the running/combustion temp.

There is no visual method of determining if a head has been replaced with the updated/stronger head. The only way to tell the two types apart is to measure the internal waterway wall thickness (this would require removal of the head).
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

• Thanks for the prompt reply Maurice, looks like i can go for veggie power then.
                      Still have to keep my fingers crossed that the head is ok!

Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by tintin
                        Thanks for the prompt reply Maurice, looks like i can go for veggie power then.
                        Still have to keep my fingers crossed that the head is ok!

Alan
                        Wouldn't spend time worrying about the head if I were you. If it's knackered already, there's bugger all you can do to change the fact. On a serious note. Biggest killer on the heads is improperly serviced and maintained cooling systems. First port of call when you get a Surf is to flush the cooling system thoroughly, replace the rad cap and thermostat and then make sure that you remove any airlocks when you've refilled the coolant system.

Comment

• Thanks Matt, i'll make that my number 2 priority, This weekend i've got to take the tailgate card off and find out why the key doesn't wind the window down(and grease up all the runners etc too!)
                          Alan

Comment

• Tesco Extra down here have lowered the price of their KTC Pure Veg Oil from £8.40 to £8.20 for 15l drum.Keep it going i say.The lower the price the more i'll use it
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
                              Tesco Extra down here have lowered the price of their KTC Pure Veg Oil from £8.40 to £8.20 for 15l drum.Keep it going i say.The lower the price the more i'll use it
                              SNAP Richard, Just go me quotta for this month too

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

• well booker have just put theirs up to £10.57 for 20L of the stuff Rapeseed still £13.30 for 20 L GOD i LOVE COOKING OIL LOL
                                Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X