This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surferjess
    Richard check out thread (207) SVO has duty of 28.35p if it meets the fiscal definition of Biofuel.
    KTC have stated that their rapeseed oil exceeds HMRC specification, that's what I'm using and am paying 28.35 PPL

As it's KTC I brought ya at Salisbury in December ...(It does what it says on the Tin)
    Good Luck

Sometimes there's a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Jess is this oil you got me is it from Tesco? thanks
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Jess is this oil you got me is it from Tesco? thanks

Certainly is
      "Does exactly what is say's on the Tin" ...... ( Ohhhh the power of Tesco )

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Originally posted by Surferjess
        Jess is this oil you got me is it from Tesco? thanks

Certainly is
        "Does exactly what is say's on the Tin" ...... ( Ohhhh the power of Tesco )

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Thanks Jess.I have sent an email to Tesco for a full run down on their Rapeseed oil and have sent a letter off to C&E aswellso now just have to wait for replies now

Comment

• Hi,
          Been reading your site for a while with great interest.
          Decided to slosh some veggie oil in the fuel tank(Derv70/SVO30) and see how it goes. Couple of weeks and several hundred miles later all seems fine. Will change filter soon and as for HMCE, they can go whisle.

Comment

• Originally posted by nimrod
            Hi,
            Been reading your site for a while with great interest.
            Decided to slosh some veggie oil in the fuel tank(Derv70/SVO30) and see how it goes. Couple of weeks and several hundred miles later all seems fine. Will change filter soon and as for HMCE, they can go whisle.
            is it worth losing your truck over if you get pulled and dipped

Comment

• Will prob get an ex103 and tell a few porkies

Comment

Will prob get an ex103 and tell a few porkies
                your better off doing that than not at all at least you'll be declaring something and they would have to prove what you've used

Comment

• using veg oil.

Ok had a chat with government man who informed me 1.if you make your own fuel that’s ok but you have to say where you make it and it meets government standards and you cannot mix it with any other thinning agent (diesel). That’s the cheapest tax. Aprox 28p per litre

2.Oil from supermarket/wholesale if it meets government standards cheap tax but you cannot mix it with anything (diesel) or any thinning agent also 28p a litre. But just any cooking oil not tested 48p litre tax.

3.if you mix anything with above then it aprox 48p a litre tax.

4.or just use diesel.aprox 90p litre.

So I asked if I fill up with 28p litre fuel and drive till empty what do I do if I am not near home he said you fill up with the fuel you are carrying with you in cans as if you fill with diesel to top up and they dip your tank and detect a mix then you have broken the law minimum £500 fine. So if you are mixing or cheating in any way you might as well use red diesel at 20p litre it fine so he said.
                  So pure oil only remember no white spirit, petrol, and diesel.
                  So hope this helps.
                  Glad to see tax still same well £5.00 not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by rally_man
                    Ok had a chat with government man who informed me 1.if you make your own fuel that’s ok but you have to say where you make it and it meets government standards and you cannot mix it with any other thinning agent (diesel). That’s the cheapest tax. Aprox 28p per litre

2.Oil from supermarket/wholesale if it meets government standards cheap tax but you cannot mix it with anything (diesel) or any thinning agent also 28p a litre. But just any cooking oil not tested 48p litre tax.

So I asked if I fill up with 28p litre fuel and drive till empty what do I do if I am not near home he said you fill up with the fuel you are carrying with you in cans as if you fill with diesel to top up and they dip your tank and detect a mix then you have broken the law minimum £500 fine. So if you are mixing or cheating in any way you might as well use red diesel at 20p litre it fine so he said.
                    So hope this helps.

SO you cant have diesel AND veg oil in the tank at the same time???
                    I heard about BIOBLEND or is that the thing they charge 48ppl tax on?!?!?!

It seems to pointless to make it so hard to use a greener fuel! If i was in charge of it all i would just make it tax free to just show some kind of leway with it all! to prove i gave a t0ss!!

What annoyed me is that the smart car has pretty much the lowest emissions on the Road here and they still wouldnt give that free road tax!! Band A is just a joke to make people think theres an incentive to drive a cleaner car!! at the moment the only incentive is to not buy a 2001 onwards Band G car!

Comment

• Originally posted by RodLeach
                      SO you cant have diesel AND veg oil in the tank at the same time???
                      You can have a mix in the tank, but you must pay the higher rate on all oil used in the mix. Diesel is already taxed, so you can't pay any more for that.

HMRC (Her Majesty's Robbing C***s) have obviously realised that you can't put 28ppl tested oil in the tank without mixing it with diesel. It means everyone who isn't willing to do the two tank modification (most of us) has to pay the higher duty regardless of the BioDiesel terms.

Another revenue raising stealth tax by the government. They think of everything the theiving Bar Stewards.

It seems the only way of using Vege in the tank AND saving a bit of money AND staying legal is to use Waste Vege Oil, filtered and then pay the 48ppl duty and top up with Diesel.

Get friendly with your local pub and chip shop!!
                      Just Vegging Out

Comment

Hi,
                        as for HMCE, they can go whisle.
                        some might think arogent, stupid, dangerous and likely to give all users a worse reputation than 4x4 owners allready have ....................Me, I pay the tax - it's still cheaper and you can tell everybody how green you are!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by rally_man

So hope this helps.
                          This is LUDICROUS! And I suspect, incorrect, as HMRC frequently seem to not know their @rse from their elbow. Hang on while I look this up...

Here we go:
                          HM Revenue and Customs have defined biodiesel as follows:

'Biodiesel' means diesel quality liquid fuel produced from biomass or waste cooking oil:

* the ester content of which is not less than 96.5 per cent by weight and
                          * the sulphur content of which does not exceed 0.005 per cent by weight, or is nil.

'Bioblend' means any mixture that is produced by mixing:

* biodiesel and
                          * heavy oil not charged with the Excise duty on hydrocarbon oil.

Your man is confusing blending in the tank with DUTY-PAID dino-diesel with bioblend.

I would suggest pointing this out - he is being ridiculous in his assertion, which is not borne out by HMRC's own published definitions.

You are using veg-oil which you have paid the requisite duty on. If you top it up with dino-diesel, then you will have paid the requisite duty on that as well. Once you have paid the required duty, then that should be be the end of the matter.

I would also like to suggest slapping some sense into the idiot, but that may just be because I'm feeling particularly grumpy and intolerant of official idiocy, whether malignant or just down to stupidity. Might not be that great an idea...

EDIT: the HODA/Finance Act 2002 definition of biodiesel (i.e. the LEGAL definition, also capable of being used for the same purpose as heavy oil (diesel) whether alone or in a blend with mineral diesel (can't remember the exact wording at the moment).
                          Last edited by CaptainBeaky; 22 March 2007, 21:18.
                          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

• i know someone who uses the red type.
                            there are dies avalable.

where the hell is it 20p a litre????? round here its 55p
                            costs about 35 quid to fill the tank, that lasts about 2 weeks
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• veg oil

Ok have found local bloke who blends veg oil.

The oil they produce is ok to fuel your surf he is mailing me with info to inform the gov that is the oil I will use 49p litre plus 28p litre tax better than 95p litre derv.other info he gave me is oil made from rapeseed is the best in colder weather it ok -10deg but normal veg need to be warm summer use only, also he tells me the eastern block are sowing sunflower seed as much as poss. he tells me next two years veg oil will drop like a stone.grin3:

Comment

• I have been doing a lot of looking into a complete conversion as the money you could save will pay for conversion in about 1 year.
                                Current price of Fuel grade veg oil is about 44.1p per litre (ppl) and tax is set at 28.35ppl
                                Fuel up here costs 92-95ppl
                                So I would be saving around £600 on ordinary driving. Plus keeping the green scammers at ease as veg oil produces less carbon emissions and I could run on ordinary diesel if I get stuck with no veg oil available.
                                Check out
                                http://www.elsbett.com/gb/about-us/introduction.html
                                http://www.smartveg.co.uk/
                                http://www.biomotors.co.uk/

Or you could just make your own Biofuel with a home reactor (but you have to have HMCE come round to keep tabs on you).
                                http://www.etruk.com/
                                http://www.peakgenerators.co.uk/prod...OCESS+MACHINES

As with any conversions or biofuel production you will have to have accurate records of fuel useage and mileage and also receipts of monies paid in taxes as these can be asked for at any time by the good old HMCE.
                                Hope this has been of some use. If you cover your ass it is up to them to prove otherwise. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.

Oh yeah and a really good site to check out for making your own biofuel is:
                                http://www.bio-power.co.uk/index.htm It even has articles about his run ins with HMCE.

Comment

Working...
                                X