Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool will check over it tmrw
    It's been sitting a while in this rain so maybe a bit has got down the to the plugs.
    Thanks Vince
    That sound bite you posted sounds the dogs!!!
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Well once again vince you were spot on with the prognosis, number 6 plug was under water. Cleaned that out and checked all the others and the plugs and they were all fine, but the prob is still there?
      Reset the ecu after I sorted plugs too.
      Will get fault codes off again tmrw.
      Passed the mot with only an advisory for the noisy fuel pump ha !

Comment

• Just pulled the fault codes as follows
        I think they are the same as before but not sure

Comment

• Just remembered u posted the codes on a previous page and they are the same, back to the drawing board.
          Seems that when it gets to 2000 rpm it seems like it's hitting a rev limiter and won't change up to 3rd unless I ease off the throttle. Then it will change up but again it happens in third too
          O/d is working now as I can see the revs drop if I switch it off

Comment

• Seems to be getting worse now
            When I floor it in any gear it just bogs out
            As soon as it gets near 2000 rpm the revs drop and feels like it's gonna stall but then low revs r ok

Comment

• I did try and start it yesterday without the ecu plugged in, could this cause problems such as I'm having?

Comment

• Ok update
                Just pulled that wire off from the gearbox and the truck seems to run ok?
                But obviously now I don't have 2nd gear again :-(

Comment

• Ok sorry scrap that it still does it

Comment

• Any hard throttling and it bogs out now :-(
                    I loosened off the fuel pipe to the injector rail and there is lots of pressure there
                    Took of the pipes before the afm and it still does the same.
                    When I first start it, it seems ok for about ten seconds ie revs up to 3500 but then goes back to bogging out again
                    Last edited by zem_41; 13 February 2014, 17:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                      Just remembered u posted the codes on a previous page and they are the same, back to the drawing board.
                      Seems that when it gets to 2000 rpm it seems like it's hitting a rev limiter and won't change up to 3rd unless I ease off the throttle. Then it will change up but again it happens in third too
                      O/d is working now as I can see the revs drop if I switch it off
                      I thought Revs would rise if you turn OD off as it is basically changing down a gear, or am i confused

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                        Seems to be getting worse now
                        When I floor it in any gear it just bogs out
                        As soon as it gets near 2000 rpm the revs drop and feels like it's gonna stall but then low revs r ok
                        This sounds like the ECU is in limp mode.
                        Two of those codes you posted are for the main O2 sensors in the manifolds. Are the exhaust emmisions smokey?
                        I'm having the exact same codes here with this truck, (same ECU) I'll let you know my findings.

Comment

• They are a little, seems to be a lot of condensation coming out too, dripping and spraying.

Comment

• Would they cause it to go into limp mode though?
                            They Been fine previously, makes me worried I have ballsed something up now :-(
                            This couldn't be down to me cutting the return pipe short in the tank could it?
                            Thanks buddy for the help I'm sure ur very busy :-)

Comment

• I think I have a spare pair of good O2 sensors if you want to borrow them and see if it improves things

I'll dig them out tomorrow just in case

Comment

• Cool thanks buddy, I was planning on getting some new ones eventually but was trying to hang it out as they ain't cheap!
                                Just drove it home and it seems to have got worse, any throttle apart from very light and it just bogs out to the point of nearly stalling and the odd back fire, must be sonething else I think, I'm worried it may be injector related. If I rev up slowly it seems to get up to around 3000 but as soon as I throttle hard it bogs out.

Comment

Working...
                                X