No announcement yet.

Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM me your address and i'll sort the sensors over the weekend.

Are you sure your TPS is working correctly ? I only ask as i found that one of the four cores in the connector loom was breaking down on mine.

I ended up replacing the sensor and loom. so can drop the sensor in the package as well if you want to try it ?

Comment

• Hi all I think I may have worked it out, I have been checking up online and read up on ls 400's with similar problems. I read that the ignition timing is run off number 6 cylinder which is the one I had under water, I have a feeling this has messed up either the coils or the igniters for that bank. So I'm gonna replace both coils and igniters and hopefully this will solve the problem. Will check wiring in that area too as the drivers side ie uk passenger side, the wire to the coil can rest against the block and and heat up to the point it touches the block and cause a short. No prob on low revs but under load or high revs the problem becomes clear.
      Thanks for the offer of the O2 sensors growler but I'm gonna give this a try first and see how I get on.
      I may still need them though if all goes t:ts up ha!
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Do the Oxygen sensors need to be kept when removing from the Lexus?

Gonna try and at least remove the exhaust today.

Comment

• If your keeping the original manifolds you do, they are bolted in them buddy.

Comment

• This prob isn't the reason but, did you use large dia Magnicore ign leads, I did and as they don't fit in the holders as they go over the cam pully, one of mine came loose and just rubbed enough so as the cam turned it cut into the core of the cable, not right through but it could be enough to make it miss under load, i fixed mine ok with some silocon jell.
            No king of England is not king of France

Comment

• Yeah I have used the big leads mate but I opened up all the clips with a grinder so they fit in nice and snug. I checked them all too just to be sure.
              Have taken all the covers off now also so I can get at them all.
              So frustrating though, I get it running good with all the gears and now this is stopping me from using it :-(
              It won't go over 30mph now and struggles up small inclines.

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                If your keeping the original manifolds you do, they are bolted in them buddy.
                The ones I meant are after the CATs. Still keep these?

Been under the ####### for the past hour and I'm gonna have to grind the bolts. I've WD40'd the CAT bolts as they look clean. Shame my torque gun could'nt fit in any of the spaces. Would have made easy work of it.

Comment

• Yep. I cut mine. The bolts were proper rusty. Cats fine.
                  Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
                    Yep. I cut mine. The bolts were proper rusty. Cats fine.
                    Didn't think I needed to keep the sensors after the CATs (just the ones before). Good job I asked

Comment

• I didn't keep cats only the manifolds, Vince says u don't need them, so I chucked everything from the manifolds back apart from the flanges on the cats u need them. I just lobbed them off with a big cutting disk.
                      I managed to get the bolts undone eventually with a couple of extension bars but was a pain in the arse!

Comment

• That's what I was asking when asking about the other two. There's the ones on the manifilds then there's two after each CAT.

Anywho...would love to chop them. But I've got a buyer for the exhaust.

I'll get his CATs and I can have their flanges.

Are you seeing light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                          Thanks for the offer of the O2 sensors growler but I'm gonna give this a try first and see how I get on.
                          I may still need them though if all goes t:ts up ha!
                          No worries mate, just drop me a line if you want them

Comment

• Are you seeing light at the end of the tunnel yet?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully buddy
                            Gonna order coils first and see how I get on. I'm gonna do a video of it first and email to Vince for him to have a look and go from there.
                            It's gotta be spark or fuel related, gonna get a flow meter too to make sure the fuel pressure isn't dropping under load. Maybe also get one of those lights that go on the plugs to see if I'm loosing spark at high revs.
                            Lots to do

Comment

• Does anyone know the best place to get coils?
                              Any one have good/bad experience with certain makes?
                              Thanks

Comment

• Update time !
                                Finally all sorted thanks to vince, cheers buddy thanks for your time today :-)
                                Turns out it was the in tank fuel filter that attaches to the walboro pump, the one supplied comes off the bottom of the pump at a 45 degree angle as you can see in one of my earlier posts. When this is sitting on the bottom of the tank the filter folds up on itself, this and a small amount if crap in the tank resulted in low fuel pressure and a noisy fuel pump. Luckily I had already got another filter off eBay that has a 90 degree bend in it which sits on the bottom of the tank nicely.
                                Gonna remove the tank now and get professionally cleaned to remove the gunk.
                                I think this is because when I drained the diesel and left it for a while so all the crap dried, then when I washed it out I didn't manage to remove all the gunk. But after petrol being in there now for a while it has soaked the crap and dis lodged it :-(
                                At least I know now though :-)
                                Thanks again vince

Comment

Working...
                                X