X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bazcam View Post
    Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
    Hi all
    Just noticed that my fuel pump has started whining, quite loudly as I can hear it in the car, is this normal? Or is it cause I just filled up? Been putting in 30litres a time to gauge fuel consumption but last time I put in 50 litres and now it's started whining?
    Thanks
    Mine started whining after a couple of months, about 1500klms old.
    Gradually got worse till I dropped the tank, looking for a blocked pickup,
    couldn't see anything amiss so refitted. Only lasted a couple more days.
    Its been fine since the new one went on.
    Is that this one?

Comment

• There are some Chinese Walbro copies knocking about, they even have the W stamped on them to make them seem genuine and it seems some retailers are innocently selling the.
      I cut an access panel in the floor under the rear seat now with a sealable cover incase of any pump problems.

Comment

• Remember you saying you did that, and thinking I'll do the same

I'm sure some of my old Fords had the access panel. Positive my Capris did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post

Have the ecu's turned up yet lads?
          Not yet mate, the address I gave you was my work address and we shut
          down till the 6th Jan yesterday. I'll pop into work today, see if there's a
          card.
          Still on a mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
            Is that this one?
            Yep, that's the one.
            Still on a mission.

Comment

• Yeah that's the kiddie
              Sent them an email the other day about it, I have to send it back for testing and they will replace, just a pain in the bum having to take it all out. Good chance to make the access hatch though I suppose.
              Still not sorted the gear change issue yet though :-(
              Been playing with the tps a lot and I'm pretty sure it's faulty but not tested it with multimeter yet. No time at the mo but using it quite a bit and everything else seems ok. The fan I have mounted on the bottom cools the oil perfectly, it drops from around 86 to 70 in about 90secs!
              ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Hi all happy new year! :-) did the ecu's turn up lads? Vince?
                Not had a lot of time to work on the truck over the holiday but have been driving it a lot.
                I def do not have 2nd gear, the gear that 1st changes into must be third, if I accelerate hard from a stand still the the box changes from first at the rev limiter at around 40mph or just before, the gear I get from first even if I'm in 2 on the selector will allow me to accelerate from 40 all the way to 100 without hitting the rev limiter, so that can't be 2nd?
                What's everyone else's like?
                Also I have been messing around with the tps but can't seem to get that right till the box is right.
                Thanks

Comment

• Happy new year to you too.

Got the ECU back on Monday, it had been dropped off at the wrong
                  yard so it had to stay there till after the break.

Sounds like your 1st gear is behaving as it should, round about 40 is
                  the same as mine, changes to 2nd before it hits the rev limiter though.
                  2nd takes it to about 70, 3rd I've no idea as I chicken out about 95.

I've never hit the rev limiter on mine, it always changes before it gets
                  that far, maybe a symptom or connected to your gear change problems.
                  Last edited by Bazcam; 8 January 2014, 08:46.
                  Still on a mission.

Comment

• Hi Zem

I have a question as I have asked Vince to do my conversion for me, as I would take about 5 years to do it myself!

I'm looking for where to get the Soarer oil filter mount - could you let me know where you got yours?

Sorry to hear you still have problems - is the grin on your face when you put your foot down worth the wait to get it sorted?!

Cheers
                    ------------------------
                    Truck? What truck .......

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                      Hi all happy new year! :-) did the ecu's turn up lads? Vince?
                      Not had a lot of time to work on the truck over the holiday but have been driving it a lot.
                      I def do not have 2nd gear, the gear that 1st changes into must be third, if I accelerate hard from a stand still the the box changes from first at the rev limiter at around 40mph or just before, the gear I get from first even if I'm in 2 on the selector will allow me to accelerate from 40 all the way to 100 without hitting the rev limiter, so that can't be 2nd?
                      What's everyone else's like?
                      Also I have been messing around with the tps but can't seem to get that right till the box is right.
                      Thanks
                      Got the ECU, and thanks for the Chocolates Wes.

Sounds more and more like a sticking solenoid in the transmission or a missing signal from the ECU (Wire broken?)

Comment

• Hi there
                        I got mine from Toyota which was about £60 I think,
                        I'm pretty sure Vince posted the part number on my thread somewhere as a photo.

Comment

• Sorry mate I just checked and I think he pm'd the photo to me, I thought I kept it but I cznt seem to find it. I'm sure Vince will have it somewhere though if you ask him.

Comment

• serpentine belt idler pully

Vince firstly how are you mate, hope you and yours are well, I se you are still doin great work with these engines, for some reason i can't PM you so this is only way to pick your brains, I'm gettin a bit of a noise from the idler pully (the one at the top on the engine just next to the thermostat) on LEXURF III and it sounds like the bearings are going,rattles and grinds a bit, what i need to know is will the thread be lefthanded or normal ? thats the idler pully that the fanbelt runs on not the tensioner pully , only i looked on the lextreme website and one guy says it lefthand and another says it's normal so i thought i had best ask you, cos if i change the bearing i don't want to snap the bolt off in the block, apart for that she's still working fine and still loud as hell..Sorry for hijacking the thread but couldn't think of another way to contact you. Si
                            No king of England is not king of France

Comment

• Hi Simon, glad to hear you're still tearing up the tarmac.

Re: The pulley, it's a normal righthand thread mate, 14mm socket if I remember.
                              The bearing can be knocked out of the pulley by the way, you can get replacements for around a fiver from bearing suppliers, there's a part number stamped on it.

My e-mail : febsnowman@talktalk.net

Cheers.

Comment

• Hey Vince how's it goin?
                                Did the ecu turn up?

Comment

Working...
                                X