No announcement yet.

Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys I'm hoping it's something small, just seems strange it was fine in the lexus and now have these issues :-(
    I'll give the tps a play later
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Yeah the tps adjustment doesn't seem to make a difference to the gear changes, it doesn't even really make a difference to the idle either?
      If I turn it all the way anti-clockwise it stalls the car, if I turn it all the way clockwise the tick over doesn't really rise at all.

Comment

• It seems my turbo light has come on I noticed today can't work that out.
        I had a dull clunking noise coming from the back that would sound only when going over pot holes and speed bumps.
        Noticed today while someone bounced the truck up and down that the n/s rear shock has somehow worked itself loose. So there is now about 25mm play in the threaded bit at the top of the piston even though the top two nuts are still tight?
        More fun jobs :-)

Comment

• The Turbo light is the V8 saying "please fit a turbo, boss"

Comment

• Ha true, need to get used to it being injection first, nearly lost the back end today, that was in 2nd!

Comment

• Could the ATF cooler I installed have anything to do with the trans faults?
              Also if the trans had no faults then the o/d light should flash anyway to tell me, but it does not.
              I checked the ATF level too this morn when it was cold and the level was up at the top of the hot marker :-/

Bazcam, should have the new ecu early next week so ill have yours back in the post ASAP thanks again buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                Could the ATF cooler I installed have anything to do with the trans faults?
                Also if the trans had no faults then the o/d light should flash anyway to tell me, but it does not.
                I checked the ATF level too this morn when it was cold and the level was up at the top of the hot marker :-/

Bazcam, should have the new ecu early next week so ill have yours back in the post ASAP thanks again buddy.
                No worries mate, hope the new one sorts it out,
                tis becoming a bit of a ball ache.
                Still on a mission.

Comment

• New ecu arrived today, I asked for it to be packaged well as they don't like to be knocked about, it came with one wrap of bubble wrap and someFRAGILE tape!
                  Brilliant!
                  It seems to be exactly the same as bazcam's so ill get yours both in the post Monday lads.

Comment

• So did lexus make a LS400 manual? Does anyone know?

Comment

So did lexus make a LS400 manual? Does anyone know?
                      I don't think they did.

Comment

• Mmmmm back to the drawing board then :-(

Comment

• Hi all
                          Just noticed that my fuel pump has started whining, quite loudly as I can hear it in the car, is this normal? Or is it cause I just filled up? Been putting in 30litres a time to gauge fuel consumption but last time I put in 50 litres and now it's started whining?
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi all
                            Just noticed that my fuel pump has started whining, quite loudly as I can hear it in the car, is this normal? Or is it cause I just filled up? Been putting in 30litres a time to gauge fuel consumption but last time I put in 50 litres and now it's started whining?
                            Thanks
                            Mine started whining after a couple of months, about 1500klms old.
                            Gradually got worse till I dropped the tank, looking for a blocked pickup,
                            couldn't see anything amiss so refitted. Only lasted a couple more days.
                            Its been fine since the new one went on.
                            Still on a mission.

Comment

• Zem, have you fixed the starting in gear problem yet? What was up with it? I could have nightmares about that happening. :/
                              Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

• Not sure to be honest buddy, Vince would know that straight away, there's a wire down by the gear selector somewhere that needs to be connected up.

Have the ecu's turned up yet lads?

Comment

Working...
                                X