No announcement yet.

Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you checked the transmission fluid correctly?

In order to check the level, you need to start the engine and take it for a run to let warm up fully, then stop and leave it idling. Move through all the gear positions starting with park and going down, leave it in each gear for a minute, keeping your foot on the brake, then take it back to the park position and leave idling while you check the level

Hope this helps

Comment

• Ok I'll give that a go, thanks buddy.
      Been doing a bit if research on lextreme, seems no one has been able to crack the immobiliser on these ecu's, it needs to be connected up with the correct key/amplifier/immobiliser ecu (which I don't have anymore).
      Looking at the other option of getting a 95 ecu without the immobiliser, there seem to be lots in the states but most have been reconditioned, are these any good or not worth the time?
      Thanks
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
        OK I'll give that a go, thanks buddy.
        Been doing a bit if research on lextreme, seems no one has been able to crack the immobilizer on these ecu's, it needs to be connected up with the correct key/amplifier/immobilizer ecu (which I don't have anymore).
        Looking at the other option of getting a 95 ecu without the immobilizer, there seem to be lots in the states but most have been reconditioned, are these any good or not worth the time?
        Thanks
        don't know much about that, but these guys got one Lexus breaking

http://www.hainfordhall.co.uk/breaking/29/lexus/

if you think you needed it
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• Cool thanks for the heads up buddy but I need a 1995 one :-(

Comment

• I seem to have found a guy in Alabama that can fix broken ecu's claiming that he only uses the finest Japanese capacitors that are higher spec than the original!
            Ill paste his message
            Hi there!

I have rebuilt more LS400 ECU's than anyone on planet Earth!

I am very meticulous and use the finest capacitors in the world, I am currently the only one rebuilding these that seems to understand the critical nature of using he rare low-ESR, high ripple rejection, long life, high temperature premium Japanese capacitors, which are quite a rare type and not available locally. - These I import from the manufacturers in Japan!

I also use low ESR soldering techniques which apparently the people on ebay or craigslist or driftmotion and all of these other silly places have no concept of!

When I finish an ECU with these finest of capacitors, the work is so nice that it looks like the Nippon Denso robots in Tahara, Japan did it! - This attention to detail results in not only solving the problems, but customers tell me they now have more low-end power and better fuel mileage!

we are not allowed to discuss me doing these on the open forum, because of Club Lexus rules, it makes the paying advertisers mad! - so email me at cacheoverflow@yahoo.com or else give me a call anytime in the evening or even late night!

cheers!

Bill Basch
            Vestavia, AL
            850-687-7791
            Any comments?
            Cheers

Comment

Ok so got all wired up and took for test drive, it seems to be changing up gears too quick so no real power, if it's in L then it seems ok ?
              I have adjusted the gear box cable fully, now if I put my foot flat down at a stand still it seems to stay in 1st till around 3500 rpm then changes up, but if I'm rolling and put my foot down it seems to go straight into 2nd and builds up slowly
              Seems you have the same issue on your gearbox that Number V has developed recently.

I have swapped out the ECU last weekend, but ran out of time to test it properly.

I'll take it out this weekend for a run and see how it goes

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                Seems you have the same issue on your gearbox that Number V has developed recently.

I have swapped out the ECU last weekend, but ran out of time to test it properly.

I'll take it out this weekend for a run and see how it goes
                Have you done the kick down switch mod yet? Sure way to retain first gear...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  Have you done the kick down switch mod yet? Sure way to retain first gear...
                  Kick down switch is done, but want it changing correctly before I end up relying on the switch

Comment

Cool thanks for the heads up buddy but I need a 1995 one :-(
                    I have a spare 95/96 non immobilised ecu.

Part number: 89661-50252

Its not for sale but you're welcome to try it out,

I've tested it on my v8 and everything works as it should.
                    Still on a mission.

Comment

• That would be very helpful indeed bazcam thanks.
                      That serial number is only 1digit out from the one Vince lent me, will be good to know it is def the ecu and not my wiring.
                      Ill pm you my address, if you pm me yours and a paypal I'll send over the postage.
                      Cheers

Comment

• PM your address mate, I need it to sort postage.
                        Still on a mission.

Comment

• Hi all
                          I have an issue with my front n/s caliper, I have put new calipers/pads/disks and braided hoses up front and at the rear. I have bled the system a few times now starting from the n/s rear, o/s rear, n/s front, o/s front. All seems ok for about quarter of a mile then it starts pulling to the right on braking? Happened about 3 times now. Put all new fluid in too. There's a bleed nipple on the brake balancing valve above the axle, does this need to be bled? If so where does it go on the order of things
                          Thanks

Comment

• So bazcam's ecu arrived today, tried it but the problems still persist. Although it was an improvement, as in I sometimes get 1st gear to it's end but then it changes up into say third gear maybe 4th I can't be sure, other times it pulls off in 2nd or 3rd again I can't be sure. So looks like it's something to do with my end rather than the ecu. Could I have damaged the solenoids on install?
                            Thanks

Comment

• Also I'm getting 125miles to 25 litres of fuel which works out about 22mpg or there abouts so not too bad as that's driving around town with a few heavy footed pull offs.

Comment

So bazcam's ecu arrived today, tried it but the problems still persist. Although it was an improvement, as in I sometimes get 1st gear to it's end but then it changes up into say third gear maybe 4th I can't be sure, other times it pulls off in 2nd or 3rd again I can't be sure. So looks like it's something to do with my end rather than the ecu. Could I have damaged the solenoids on install?
                                Thanks

Frustratingly frustrating isn't it!

Answer these questions first and we'll go from there.......
                                1. ATF at correct level? (engine idling, truck on level ground etc)
                                2. All loom earths secure and sound?
                                3. Speed sensor definitely giving out a signal?
                                4. Kickdown cable correctly adjusted? (Little rubber blob just poking out of the cable sheath)
                                5. What brand/type ATF are you using?
                                6 You can get the correct gears via manually shifting?
                                7. Engine check light working?
                                8. Any transmission codes?

Comment

Working...
                                X