Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Frustratingly frustrating isn't it!

Answer these questions first and we'll go from there.......
    1. ATF at correct level? (engine idling, truck on level ground etc)
    2. All loom earths secure and sound?
    3. Speed sensor definitely giving out a signal?
    4. Kickdown cable correctly adjusted? (Little rubber blob just poking out of the cable sheath)
    5. What brand/type ATF are you using?
    6 You can get the correct gears via manually shifting?
    7. Engine check light working?
    8. Any transmission codes?
    New ECU hasn't cured number V either, although it is performing better than it was, although i didn't get time to try it on the motorway.

Still holds top gear when coming up to a junction and stalls out, I can manually drop it into 2nd and it works fine when slowing down/stopping.

Change up is still faster than expected, although not almost instant as previously experienced

Need to check codes at some point put EM light was not flashing on this outing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Frustratingly frustrating isn't it!very very!

Answer these questions first and we'll go from there.......
      1. ATF at correct level? (engine idling, truck on level ground etc)
      yes correct checked a few times now and the level is in hot when on idle
      2. All loom earths secure and sound?yep as far as I can tell, two at the back of each head, couple on each side to the body and chassis
      3. Speed sensor definitely giving out a signal?as far as I can tell m with multi meter on ohms and probes on each side of sensor I get a rise in voltage as the prop is turned
      4. Kickdown cable correctly adjusted? (Little rubber blob just poking out of the cable sheath)yep the little rubber thing is just poking out the end of the sheath
      5. What brand/type ATF are you using?the one you posted in the list
      6 You can get the correct gears via manually shifting?i can get first on its own fine, if I select 2 then it seems to pull off in 2nd but never first, if I pull off in D and I get first(1in 4 times I will) it will go through first and change where it's sposed to but not into 2nd it's either 3rd or 4th prob 4th as it does not change again just stays in that gear
      7. Engine check light working?as far as I know, have not checked with this ecu yet, will check tmrw and see
      8. Any transmission codes?
      thanks buddy
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• OK.
        Forgot to add, does it shift correctly (manually) if you unplug the solenoids multiplug? (Passenger side of trans.)

Reverse work OK?

If it shifts fine manually i.e. with no ECU input, then it's not the solenoids.

Comment

• When you say manually, you mean drive it with the plug unplugged?
          Reverse is fine too
          Last edited by zem_41; 3 December 2013, 01:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
            When you say manually, you mean drive it with the plug unplugged?
            Reverse is fine too

Yeah, unplug it and go for a drive shifting manually.

Comment

• So the te1 light is working fine, I'm getting the same codes as before.
              I took the multi plug off and the truck seems to drive the same as it did with your ecu vince, if I select L then I get first and it pulls away as it should up to the rev limiter. if I select 2 I don't get first it pulls off in 2nd or maybe 3rd hard to tell but def not 1st and it seems to stay in a high gear as in it won't go to the end of 2nd gear like it does in 1st ( to the rev limiter). if I select D then it's the same as 2, it doesn't pull off in first seems to be 2nd or 3rd.
              After plugging the multi plug back in I seem to get 1st more often but only pulling off from a stand still, if the truck is rolling then it won't kick down into first it just stays in 2nd or 3 rd. the rest is the same as if the plug was unplugged.

Comment

• Just one more thing, does your reverse lights come? (when you select reverse obviously)

Comment

• They do yes I checked that today reversing into a space, I could see it on the wall.
                  I'm lost

Comment

• OK, then you need to check for any transmission codes.

Earth that check light wire.
                    Switch off overdrive (button out)
                    Switch on ignition.
                    Count flashes.

I have a feeling you'll get either a code 64 or 67.

http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/me...932.html#diag2

Comment

• Cool, light at the end if the tunnel maybe
                      I'll get on to that tmrw vince thanks buddy

Comment

• Gave that a try, not sure if I'm doing it right or something else is wrong. I Turned on ign, switched off o/d so button out light on, connected te1 to earth, I get the same codes on your led but o/d light stays on no flashes. tried it other way so turning on o/d with button in and light out still nothing. Tried it with te1 connected before ign and o/d in and out with no result :-(

Comment

• Man, I hope you get this sorted, soon

Comment

• It seems that I do have 2nd gear but the shift from 1st to 2nd is rubbish, it's like it takes too long to shift and the truck slows up a bit and the revs drop too much for 2nd to effectively take over from where 1st left off. It just seems there is no kick down now, could this be due to a lack of kick down switch under throttle peddle? Or maybe the tps? I read a post on club lexus that had a similar prob where the gears change up too quick and he said it was a safety feature of t/case to stop engine damage?
                            Also I have found another ecu on eBay that is claimed to be good the codes are
                            89661-50253
                            175200-0820
                            Will this one work? It's from a 1995
                            Thanks

Comment

It seems that I do have 2nd gear but the shift from 1st to 2nd is rubbish, it's like it takes too long to shift and the truck slows up a bit and the revs drop too much for 2nd to effectively take over from where 1st left off. It just seems there is no kick down now, could this be due to a lack of kick down switch under throttle peddle? Or maybe the tps? I read a post on club lexus that had a similar prob where the gears change up too quick and he said it was a safety feature of t/case to stop engine damage?
                              89661-50253
                              175200-0820
                              Thanks
                              If it seems to be slipping a lot before setting off, rotating the TPS can affect that (when I've played with it on mine at least). Mark where it is currently and just loosen the screws, it shouldn't need much to have an effect. I gauged it on idle speed with the engine warm.

My original transmission ended up like yours where it would slip, set off in first then drop straight to what felt like O/D and crawl. Unfortunately I never got to the bottom of it as there were too many possible causes (trans had been fitted badly and under / over filled a few times I think). Strangely it seemed to work fine for a few minutes until it got up to temperature.

I hope you manage to get it sorted soon; it's so frustrating having all that engine when the power can't find its way to the wheels properly!

Comment

89661-50253
                                175200-0820
                                Thanks
                                Yep, that will work.

It's the five numbers after the 89661- that you need to check, if they start with a 5???? then it'll be OK. If they start with a 3???? then nine times out of ten they'll be immobilised.

I'll get back to you later about the trans problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X