No announcement yet.

Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns out that about a month ago when I put the glove box back in, the live for the fuel pump was resting behind the bottom right hand screw and I screwed it straight into the wire. As this screw and it's bracket was not earthed they all got livened up but not enough to blow the fuse. Sod's law it decides to blow at 3am. The fuse itself blew at the very bottom so looking at it in it's holder it looks fine but pull it out and u could see it.
    All sorted now though after 3 hours of scratching my head
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• So just an update, finally after 4 weeks I have my v5 back and it's now a petrol 4 litre happy days.
      I sent off a letter from a mates garage explaining he fitted the engine I also sent a copy of a recent MOT and the v5 all filled in with the engine number.

But just my luck a day before it arrives I start getting problems with the auto box. It won't change up from first untill I get to around 25mph then it changes ok through 2nd 3rd but as I come to a stop I sometimes feel and hear it clunk into 1st. Checked the fluid levels and all seem ok.
      Worried I have done some permanent damage now :-(

Comment

• Gear shift points rely on signals from that two wire sensor on the transfercase housing' the one that you have to extend the wires.
        Check that the plug/wiring is secure.
        Also check the line pressure cable is adjusted correctly.

Comment

• Thanks Vince I had a feeling it might be along those lines, does that same sensor assist the speedo too?
          The cable seems ok

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
            Thanks Vince I had a feeling it might be along those lines, does that same sensor assist the speedo too?
            The cable seems ok
            No, the other sensor with the three wires is for the speedo, the sensor with the plastic drive gear on the end.

Comment

• Ok worst case has happened
              The 4 pronged pulse sender thing that is attached to the output shaft has moved from it's position
              It's slid back slightly so the speed sensor does not pick up the pulse.
              Time to get messy I think and remove the transfer case so I can realign.

It never rains it only pours

Comment

• Bummer!

Did you use grub screws to secure it? I use 4 screws plus some Locktite.

I have seen that four pronged reluctor wheel come apart before, the pronged section seperated from the tube part due the the spotwelds failing. The transmission wouldn't shift out of 1st gear as a result.

Comment

• I can't really tell at mo but it still feels pretty secure but when I look straight in the hole with a mirror I can only see about 1mm of the reluctor wheel prong so it's no where near where it should be.
                  I used the 4 grub screw and loctite and up till a week ago it's been fine.
                  I'm sure I'll work it out when the transfer case is off

Comment

• Just a quick one please Vince
                    Do you remember what the best gap is for the sensor and the prong thing?
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                      Just a quick one please Vince
                      Do you remember what the best gap is for the sensor and the prong thing?
                      Thanks

2mm is best.

Comment

• Cheers buddy

Comment

• All sorted
                          The reluctor wheel had somehow moved along the shaft slightly, all grubs were still tight though.
                          Thanks Vince

Comment

• Hi all
                            Hi vince :-)
                            I'm seriously considering an upgrade to a charger.
                            I'm just wondering about cost
                            Someone mentioned I could acquire a mercedes 180 supercharger for around £500, would there be any benefit in one of these or is it not worth the hassle? as in reliability or actually fitting it on.
                            Is there a big difference in the mercedes one and the ford one in one of your previous threads I read, as that one with the kit is $5000.
                            All comments much appreciated

Comment

• Depends on what cc the Merc engine is, if it's less than 4 litre then the supercharger wouldn't do anything really.

You can get a Mustang Cobra S/C (M112) from the States for around £250 including the throttle body and bypass valve. Plus you'll need larger cc injectors.

A custom inlet manifold would have to be made whatever S/C you use. Some 1/4" aluminium plate and a TIG welder is all you need.

Comment

• hey ZEM_41 are you number 309?
                                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                                X