X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
    think the OP needs some of THIS!!!! this should all your problems out....

Leave a comment:

• BigBobE
    replied
    think the OP needs some of THIS!!!! this should all your problems out....

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    The EGR Valve is just a mechanical device, operated by vacuum, switched by a VSV when the throttle is at idle and the engines is at operating temperature and introduces some exhaust gasses to the combustion process.

Disconnecting the EGR will have no effect on timing ECU operation or anything else.

Nev
    Dammit Nev!
    Why did you have to answer, this thread will go on for another five pages now.

Leave a comment:

• NiftyNev
    replied
    The EGR Valve is just a mechanical device, operated by vacuum, switched by a VSV when the throttle is at idle and the engines is at operating temperature and introduces some exhaust gasses to the combustion process.

Disconnecting the EGR will have no effect on timing ECU operation or anything else.

Nev

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    egr remova;does it have any thing to do with timing

Originally posted by frankx View Post
    i it still has two wiree connected to it top and bottom looks untouched
    hi nev frank here just wondering one another member quoted reason for not starting possible no cumbusting by removing egr valve does it advance timing or retared it taking into consideration it hooked up to efi ecu? theres no hot wires going EGR?

Leave a comment:

• Wolfracer
    replied
    Earth wires are shorting out glow plugs fuse and the glow plugs rack is earthed and should be live?

Hmmmmm,

You say you have a manual connection to the battery. It is the right polarity isn't it?

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    your right nev. it's not earth wire

as turns out waited for yoshie having supplied right address second time around thought show up? so i decided to take advice of the other members try'd body earth with mistery wire and it blew glow plugs fuse now have to deal with short circute. glow plugs rack is earthing out when it should be live feed any idears am ben checking all connections today haven't found any as of yet? almost started today i felt bit of releif but dissy app.
    Last edited by frankx; 10 November 2011, 23:02.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    cam belt turns over took oil filer cap off to check it

Originally posted by meooo View Post
    If it wont start on easystart, you got compression problems, cos you're by passing all electrical and fuel issues by injecting a low ignition gas into the engine

Or the cam belt broke?
    i checked last week took oil filler cap off cam was rotating so can't be that maybe stuck valve? i went down to garage today hook that loose wire up to body earth almost started? but blew glow plug fuse took back off checked glow plug rail and now i have short circute some where rail should eyesolated ye for live feed. any idears maybe do compression test tmw
    Last edited by frankx; 10 November 2011, 23:06.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    location 174 woodville street

hi guy's tyred that wire on bottom starter bracket witch is engine block earth also have earth running straight from batterie neg. earth to bulk head still no go took another pic of that wire tested again with ign. on reg. 5.10 volts as you can see in pic. heavey padding on the core loom definately not earth address 174 woodville street sorry mate my mistake big iron gates in between fraser mac donalds and protors garage amg tyres just ask for alec murty's place if you let me know what time your comming at?. i'll stand out in street what car are ye driving?
    hi ben at garage today hooked up that wire to body earth try'd to start it and blew glow plug fuse took back off left hanging loose now there seems tobe short circute the glow plugs rail their earthing out when they should be live ? got any idears

Leave a comment:

• meooo
    replied
    If it wont start on easystart, you got compression problems, cos you're by passing all electrical and fuel issues by injecting a low ignition gas into the engine

Or the cam belt broke?

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    try'd that

Originally posted by meooo View Post
    Wil it start if you give it a squirt of easy start/carb cleaner or brake cleaner whilst cranking the engine?...might be all it needs....maybe...
    took hole can nothing something electrical?

Leave a comment:

• meooo
    replied
    Wil it start if you give it a squirt of easy start/carb cleaner or brake cleaner whilst cranking the engine?...might be all it needs....maybe...
    Last edited by meooo; 10 November 2011, 09:19.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    am ben right place mustben wrong time

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Can't find 173 fairly st, the guys in J F Autos have also never heard of it and they are on the corner of Woodville and Fairley st.
    sorry yoshi frank here my mistake thousand appolgees 174 woodville street in between fraser mac donalds and protors mot station alec murty's amg tyres
    Last edited by frankx; 11 November 2011, 21:34.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    right location

[QUOTE=yoshie;743601]Can't find 173 fairly st, the guys in J F Autos have also never heard of it and they are on the corner of Woodville and Fairley
    Last edited by frankx; 11 November 2011, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    glow plug resistor

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    If you have a manual glow system then that may explain the disconnected wires. Not needed now, so someone disconnected them from the resistor. Have you had a look to see if the resistor is there and has any wires connected to it. Not convinced they are earth wires but may be wrong.

Nev

Leave a comment:

Working...
X