X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfracer
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Thieryr'e irrth whires thems are those whire youneedtoboltthembackontochass isorblockthatsthecase
    sorted thet four ewe boschwhicker

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    They're earth wires.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    [QUOTE=NiftyNev;743415]If the factory glow system has been bypassed and now wired direct to the battery, then the glow plugs are probably fried. The glow plugs should never get more than about 10.5 volts. Battery voltage can be much higher than this.

Nev[/QUOTEh i nev . 30 amp fuse 30 amp relay to button from ign. switch one first things i checked on the list glow plugs took them all out . regarding 2 wires. got me baffeld. i post few pics of layout egr removed 2 wires in photo location as where they go? still miserty

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Earth wires.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    update

Originally posted by frankx View Post
    EGR EXHAUST MANI egr valve return pipe to venturi before that fitted used turbo which got good bearing no play in it hook up that when wouldent start so starter jammed i had take it out for rebuild been 3 wks now my head right up my arss i pretty sure i discovered those 2 wires before took starter off? tryed them on manifold thinking at first earth came af egr to mani nothing then tryed body earth still no check them registering 6.8 volts with ignition on that why pointed out colour of them light brown green stripe every inch or ringtype 12 mil hole bolts on something ? 6.8 volt am heading down to garage right now take some pic get some anti freeze it . just water in noo
    hi sancho gonna try send these pic bare bones just had power cut lasted hour or so walking about candle light
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NiftyNev
    replied
    hi Nev just to let know glow plugs directed feed from battery on fuse through relay thats not where 2 wires belong not reason why car not starting ?
    If the factory glow system has been bypassed and now wired direct to the battery, then the glow plugs are probably fried. The glow plugs should never get more than about 10.5 volts. Battery voltage can be much higher than this.

Nev

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    removed

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    Hopefully Yoshie will be able to come and help you but, in the meantime, if the glowplugs are wired directly in to the battery, would it not make sense that those wires are the ones that go on to the resistor.

In any case, you say you're getting fuel at the injectors. You also say that you're getting lots of black smoke, which suggests ignition, but you're saying that it doesn't fire. Regardless of that, black smoke suggests over-fuelling or (more likely in this case) a lack of air, which is why I asked what exactly you'd removed when disconnecting the EGR. As you don't have pictures of what was removed, do you have pictures of what's left?
    EGR EXHAUST MANI egr valve return pipe to venturi before that fitted used turbo which got good bearing no play in it hook up that when wouldent start so starter jammed i had take it out for rebuild been 3 wks now my head right up my arss i pretty sure i discovered those 2 wires before took starter off? tryed them on manifold thinking at first earth came af egr to mani nothing then tryed body earth still no check them registering 6.8 volts with ignition on that why pointed out colour of them light brown green stripe every inch or ringtype 12 mil hole bolts on something ? 6.8 volt am heading down to garage right now take some pic get some anti freeze it . just water in noo
    Last edited by frankx; 7 November 2011, 13:24.

Leave a comment:

• Sancho
    replied
    hi Nev just to let know glow plugs directed feed from battery on fuse through relay thats not where 2 wires belong not reason why car not starting ? i took the starter motor for overhaul do heavey load cranking thats only thing i took off except EGR VALVE
    Hopefully Yoshie will be able to come and help you but, in the meantime, if the glowplugs are wired directly in to the battery, would it not make sense that those wires are the ones that go on to the resistor.

In any case, you say you're getting fuel at the injectors. You also say that you're getting lots of black smoke, which suggests ignition, but you're saying that it doesn't fire. Regardless of that, black smoke suggests over-fuelling or (more likely in this case) a lack of air, which is why I asked what exactly you'd removed when disconnecting the EGR. As you don't have pictures of what was removed, do you have pictures of what's left?

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    Location govan

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Where in Glasgow are you?
    hi yoshi frank here location in garage 174 Fairley street AMG tyres just af broomie road right behind Ibrox stadium
    Last edited by frankx; 7 November 2011, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• frankx
    replied
    glow plugs hot wired

Originally posted by meooo View Post
    Did you even bother to read this????
    hi Nev just to let know glow plugs directed feed from battery on fuse through relay thats not where 2 wires belong not reason why car not starting ? i took the starter motor for overhaul do heavey load cranking thats only thing i took off except EGR VALVE

Leave a comment:

• TonyN
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    The shallow end?
    Damn, I have to wipe coffee off the laptop now.

I was expecting a grumpy, abusive reply, well done....

Yoshie, for his and our sanity go and help him out, I'll pay your years subs!!

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    The shallow end?

Leave a comment:

• yoshie
    replied
    Where in Glasgow are you?

Leave a comment:

• Overland Tonka
    replied
    hi matt sancho said you know the answer to my problem while removing EGR mod finding to loose wires hilux at rear engine on same loom as wires goes to erg vsv plugs just bottom manifold sorry dont have pic i think you know what i meen? sorry cant be more precise light brown with green stripe across them every inch or so on ring type spade 12mil hole centre .having removed starter thought might came from that but tested them when ignition on registering 6.8 volts going through them before that tryed hooking them upto manifold and then body earth no go can you help me please nice to be nice afterall ben off the for 3 wks now on foot patrol. theres a bottle of jack daniels in for you if you come up tae galsga and bolt them on for mae ha ha just joking think you need for this site humour that is
    I just love it... I can imagine the whole post being shouted as if the rest of us don't speak the same language and somehow shouting means that we will understand.

Or is it a game we used to play where you had to rearrange the above to make a famous phrase or saying??

Leave a comment:

• meooo
    replied
    Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    All I see is two wires conneted to the Glow Plug Resistor under the intake manifold which is probably where his two wires belong.

Nev
    Did you even bother to read this????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X