Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spoke with Customs.. they are sending out my ex103 the first guy i spoke to said to get it down from the HMRC.Gov.uk webby but it was not there so had to ring back.... all i need to do is fit my cat and fill in the form and start a pourin....

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
      Just spoke with Customs.. they are sending out my ex103 the first guy i spoke to said to get it down from the HMRC.Gov.uk webby but it was not there so had to ring back.... all i need to do is fit my cat and fill in the form and start a pourin....

Stu
      Make sure you are fully registered before you start using. If you get stopped and dipped and you haven't got a registration number, you can still get done.

The HO 930 form that you fill out each month is meant to be for oil you intend using the following month. If you start using Vege before you have filled out the HO 930 i.e before you are registered, they can still Scr*w you.
      Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoffmeister
        Make sure you are fully registered before you start using. If you get stopped and dipped and you haven't got a registration number, you can still get done.

The HO 930 form that you fill out each month is meant to be for oil you intend using the following month. If you start using Vege before you have filled out the HO 930 i.e before you are registered, they can still Scr*w you.
        cool ta fo the advoice m8

Comment

Hi folks, just managed to get logged on after yonks of trying, cheers Mr N!!

Anyway, i have a 92 2.4ssr-x and i love it, this thread is a great read and i am seriously thinking of trying veggie oil. Call me thick (not all at once), but i have skipped a few posts along the way, but will sunflower oil work as well?
          What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Yes!!

And welcome!!

Don't forget to fill in your vehicle details...
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo
              Hi folks, just managed to get logged on after yonks of trying, cheers Mr N!!

Anyway, i have a 92 2.4ssr-x and i love it, this thread is a great read and i am seriously thinking of trying veggie oil. Call me thick (not all at once), but i have skipped a few posts along the way, but will sunflower oil work as well?
              Read the first post, the one that started the thread. It will work
              I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoffmeister
                I thought they charged in arrears?

Originally posted by Gazbo
                Sunflower oil is almost, not quite, as good as rapeseed. The only
                difference is that sunflower has a slightly higher iodine content
                and a slightly lower cetane rating than rapeseed.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  I thought they charged in arrears?

They do charge in arrears, you HAVE to be "Entered" by the Customs, and that involves submiting your EX103.

Once you have been "entered" you must record your usage, and send in the HO930 on a monthly basis along with your payment for duty.

Even if you do not use any, and therefore have no duty to pay, you MUST still send in the HO930.

If you do not receive said HO930 by the end of the month contact the customs for a duplicate to be sent - if they know you haven't received the form they will look benevolently on you should the replacement not get back them before the 15th.

Remember that you have a duty to keep your records for 6 years.

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    They do charge in arrears,
                    That's what I was checking. Someone, ? wrote following instead of
                    previous.

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Remember that you have a duty to keep your records for 6 years.
                    Same as all tax records.

Comment

• soya oil

Cooking oil based on soya oil is cheap at Makro - just less that £9 for 20L. I presume that that will do fine! Does anyone know different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith
                        Cooking oil based on soya oil is cheap at Makro - just less that £9 for 20L. I presume that that will do fine! Does anyone know different?
                        so thats about 45p a litre....

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith
                          It appears to have a slightly lower viscosity, but slightly higher
                          iodine content than rapeseed. Other values are fairly close, so
                          it should be okay.

The iodine content is, to a degree, only relevant if the the oil
                          isn't completely combusted in the chamber, as higher levels
                          can lead to glazing, buildup or whichever name you prefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF
                            It appears to have a slightly lower viscosity, but slightly higher
                            iodine content than rapeseed. Other values are fairly close, so
                            it should be okay.

The iodine content is, to a degree, only relevant if the the oil
                            isn't completely combusted in the chamber, as higher levels
                            can lead to glazing, buildup or whichever name you prefer.

Anyone got any knowledge of COSTCO?? what the prices are there for bulk on s/flower or veg oil there?

Stu

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
                              Anyone got any knowledge of COSTCO?? what the prices are there for bulk on s/flower or veg oil there?

Stu
                              Last tim eI went (a couple of months ago) it was around £9 for a 20l drum. And my truck ran fine on it!!
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                                Last tim eI went (a couple of months ago) it was around £9 for a 20l drum. And my truck ran fine on it!!
                                Wicked... my bro in law is just building the costco in sheffield and he is sorting a card for me.... luvly jubbly

Stu

Comment

Working...
                                X