Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwik Save 23p a litre for veg or sunflower oil... got 60L for £13.80 they wouldnt let me have more LOL
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

• Dipped?

Hi gang...... My first post, I've read the whole thread and its really interesting! My next door neighbour makes bio-diesel which might be handy although I like th idea of using an SVO/Diesel mix.
      My question is (being your typical screw the government outlaw type) has anyone on here ever been "dipped"? I know it happens to commercial vehicles all the time but I don't know of anyone with a private vehicle thats ever been pulled over and the tank checked! Of course I would never break the law by dodging fuel duty but I'm curious to how often people get "pulled" and how the "law" proves acase against you!!
      cheers....................wide y
      Don't call me love, its not my name!!

Comment

• anyone got the phone number for the HMCE place?
        What comes around goes around!!

Comment

• 0191 201 1752 or
          0191 201 1812
          This number is for the office that deals with new applications.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 June 2006, 11:07.

Comment

• cheers matey

Comment

• sorted, forms on there way, cheers folks

Comment

• Hooray! i am now officially a Motor and heating fuel producer.... gonna start gluggin my oil in tonight!!!

Hooray for kwik save!

STu

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith
                  Cooking oil based on soya oil is cheap at Makro - just less that £9 for 20L. I presume that that will do fine! Does anyone know different?
                  I've been using the makro stuff for about a year - no probs.
                  It is easier to pour if you take the plastic container out of the cardboard box and fit some kind of flexi spout - the sort you get with 5litre jerry cans.
                  when filling I locate the spout and begin to pour, then using a stanley knife, slash a wee slit in the top of container (to allow air to replace the oil in container) to stop the glugging. the whole container empties in about ten seconds!
                  I use two of these boxes when the tank is almost empty (before fuel light comes on) then top up with derv about 10 litres. gives me a ratio of 80/20 svo/derv.
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaky cakes
                    I've been using the makro stuff for about a year - no probs.
                    It is easier to pour if you take the plastic container out of the cardboard box and fit some kind of flexi spout - the sort you get with 5litre jerry cans.
                    when filling I locate the spout and begin to pour, then using a stanley knife, slash a wee slit in the top of container (to allow air to replace the oil in container) to stop the glugging. the whole container empties in about ten seconds!
                    I use two of these boxes when the tank is almost empty (before fuel light comes on) then top up with derv about 10 litres. gives me a ratio of 80/20 svo/derv.

how much and how many litres m8 in a box? i got 60L from kwik save of sunflower oil for £13.80 it was on offer....

STu

Comment

• jaky cakes, do you have to be a member of Makros?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gazbo
                        jaky cakes, do you have to be a member of Makros?
                        Gazbo m8 yes .... you have to register as a company....

STu

Comment

• right, well i am self employed so that shouldnt be a prob, the only thing now is sorting a fuel heater. I have the forms ready and waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by Gazbo
                            right, well i am self employed so that shouldnt be a prob, the only thing now is sorting a fuel heater. I have the forms ready and waiting
                            cool m8... i'm up your way over the weekend... off to featherstone castle in haltwhistle for a 40th birthday....

Did my first mix last night 10L of sunflower to 20L dino... all seems well this mornin including a nice cooking smell, damn i was hungry when i got to work...

Am off to Kwik Save again this lunchtime to see if they will let me have more of that sunny stuff.... lOl ;0) (not got a makro card gonna see if my sis will lend our lass hers)

Stu
                            Last edited by amethyst; 22 June 2006, 08:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
                              how much and how many litres m8 in a box? i got 60L from kwik save of sunflower oil for £13.80 it was on offer....

STu
                              a box is 20 litres - and in answer to another question - yes you have to be a member. I'm a member of both costco and makro - but makro is closer.
                              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaky cakes
                                a box is 20 litres - and in answer to another question - yes you have to be a member. I'm a member of both costco and makro - but makro is closer.
                                Ta for the info m8...

Stu

Comment

Working...
                                X