• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About a week

Comment

• Not even a week look at that floor
      Need to buy a pale and a mop.

Anyway steel arrived so I set about the main/first of the work benches, this one will be the welding table.

2.5m long 1m deep, made from 50mm box 3.2mm wall and sitting on 5" castors. Maybe a little over kill but as it's on wheels the finished weight won't be an issue. Still to fit a drawer tower under and a sheet steel top.

2.5m long and still room for another 3.5m of junk along that wall
      The wheels will allow me to work from any side of the bench once it's in the middle of the floor. Handy for the heavier items.

Still to make a cart for the Plasma, a low level table for the tube bender and a wood topped bench for the vice and table grinders.
      Last edited by yoshie; 22 March 2012, 23:46.
      Brian

Comment

• The lid is going on and the gutters. Nearly there

Brian

Comment

• A fair few cuts to do there Bri.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by si tate View Post
            A fair few cuts to do there Bri.
            Aye there certainly is mate. The hipped roof has been so much extra work over a gable end design in both the joist,rafters and tiles but I am glad I went this way even thou it cost more. It has turned out as I had hoped with a low profile roof similar to the house.

I hope to move all my equipment in next week even if I am working off extension leads for now.

Roughcast will have to wait a month or so as funds need to be diverted to the daughters imminent 18th birthday.
            Last edited by yoshie; 28 March 2012, 22:53.
            Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Aye there certainly is mate. The hipped roof has been so much extra work over a gable end design in both the joist,rafters and tiles but I am glad I went this way even thou it cost more. It has turned out as I had hoped with a low profile roof similar to the house.

I hope to move all my equipment in next week even if I am working off extension leads for now.

Roughcast will have to wait a month or so as funds need to be diverted to the daughters imminent 18th birthday.
              Come on mate use your head, put some birthday banners & balloons up in the man cave, chuck in some booze & a CD player & jobs a goodun!!!

Best 18th birthday ever.

Comment

Come on mate use your head, put some birthday banners & balloons up in the man cave, chuck in some booze & a CD player & jobs a goodun!!!

Best 18th birthday ever.
                She had her 17th with 50 mates in a marque were that garage now stands with the run of the downstairs of the house last year
                This year we have used the head and booked a local restaurants function suite.
                Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  She had her 17th with 50 mates in a marque were that garage now stands with the run of the downstairs of the house last year
                  This year we have used the head and booked a local restaurants function suite.
                  Ye maybe your right, I wouldn't want 50 teenagers traipsing through the house making a mess.

Comment

A fair few cuts to do there Bri.
                    Cuts all complete Si, ridge tiles picked up today so hopefully water tight soon.
                    Electrics and roughcast still to sort out.

Plenty to tidy up and then sort out whats left of the front garden. Then I need to turn that single garage on the house into a second living room to keep my wife happy

Brian

Comment

• Bl00dy handsome, that, Brian............
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

• seeing as no one has asked in 19 pages...

Do you work, or have you won the lottery? Where the hell do you find all the time not only to build a blummin' big garage, convert the old AND make sliders and soon my new rear bumper...?

Looking good. bet you're well chuffed.
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• I tell you how...by delegating all the electrical work.

Looking absolutely fantastic Brian.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Looking good Bri & it ties in well with the house.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I am delighted with how it's going.

Aye John I do work full time however, I have had some great help on the build from my brother and a mate. Without that help I would not be close to this stage.

'O' and Graham don't worry mate the electric install is going to a proffesional given my track record.
                              Brian

Comment

• haven't seen this thread for a while, the garage is looking great brian can't believe it's got that far since seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X