No announcement yet.

Man Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear you got all the plans sorted....would love a garage like that.

In fact I would love any garage...
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Assuming that at some stage, im going to be unable to get all the way down the A9, im still going to be there for the grand opening...if i get an invite of course. And when are yourself and Annie, and Andy and Alan coming up for a visit...im feeling all neglected.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

looks good brian love to have one of them in my back garden beats getting wet on the pavement! but i do have the council to come around one a month to clean my mess up hehe! road sweepers are great!

not to wee wee on your parade and not sure if you thought about it but if you gable ended the front and back you could have enough room and height for a ramp? as you can see i am busy at work and drew a quick skectch up dimed.

i rememebred it was a man cave and no women allowed but hey!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dannyboy77; 12 October 2011, 10:51.
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
          looks good brian love to have one of them in my back garden beats getting wet on the pavement! but i do have the council to come around one a month to clean my mess up hehe! road sweepers are great!

not to wee wee on your parade and not sure if you thought about it but if you gable ended the front and back you could have enough room and height for a ramp? as you can see i am busy at work and drew a quick skectch up dimed.

Danny; Why is there a picture of a woman standing in the corner "letting one rip"?..........
          Attached Files
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

It was put there to see how many of us would notice......
            Or it was to see if anyone else would look..
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
              looks good, but silly question? where's your barbecue going to go? is that your back yard?
              It's the front garden, BBQ is round the back garden

Originally posted by Thrifty
              actually looking at your foundations again is there a valid reason you didnt make it any bigger ? i.e. to the fence line, within cm's? if it were me i would have maximised the space maybe im missing a rule here?
              You are missing a rule. Also 400 square feet is big enough for me.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Assuming that at some stage, im going to be unable to get all the way down the A9, im still going to be there for the grand opening...if i get an invite of course. And when are yourself and Annie, and Andy and Alan coming up for a visit...im feeling all neglected.
              You will get an invite however no excuse needed drop in any time.
              I will be up your way in the spring {always am at some point}

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post

Don't want gables mate, I want the roof to be a close match to my house which has a dutch style hipped roof. Got to stay in the wifes good books. It was trade off, better looking = no ramp. It was a close ran decision
              Last edited by yoshie; 12 October 2011, 19:45.
              Brian

Comment

Major Major man jealousy here, of course I would never admit that to your face I`d have to give it the old `yeah it`s alright, I`d have done it this way tho.............

I was pretty pleased with myself when I put the old hifi and and a chair in the shed lol

Comment

Hey, Brian. Since you have reluctantly had to put aside any plans to install a ramp, have you considered an inspection pit? I dont think that it would invalidate your planning permission. either custom build and line your own, or take a look at these wee chaps..........http://mech-mate.co.uk/Motor-Pits.html ........
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                    Hey, Brian. Since you have reluctantly had to put aside any plans to install a ramp, have you considered an inspection pit? I dont think that it would invalidate your planning permission. either custom build and line your own, or take a look at these wee chaps..........http://mech-mate.co.uk/Motor-Pits.html ........
                    Thinking of this Mick, I will have the 1.5m clearance and that will lift enough to allow sitting on on a stool and save my knees.
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCISSOR-LI...item2a14cdbdb8
                    Brian

Comment

thats a real posh cave - very nice

with a kettle and a telly you'll be able to live in it

mind you vince lives in his (no telly no kettle) but he's got trolley service from jo

Comment

Thanks to Robin who got done in 90min what would have taken me all day in that little digger.

Now ready for hardcore sub base then the pour

Some pics of Robin teaching his lad.

We nearly had to send it back and ask for one with a bigger cab, some grease and we managed to squeeze him in.

Couple of passes with the whacker; Tada

Brian

Comment

going to need a new section now "building & garage modifications"

hope that young driver has got his ticket for that machine!
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

8 ton of hardcore in

2 ton of sand on top prior to the DPM going down.

Next weekend and 9 ton of concrete will top the lot and allow block work to start a few days later.

Last edited by yoshie; 4 November 2011, 19:15.
                            Brian

Comment

Major step forward today, thanks to all who showed up to help.

Alan and I fitted the DPM in the rain.

Thankfully it went off 20min later just as this showed up.

Old Murray who has years of experience in pouring concrete keeps a close eye on Gordon as he works the bull float. We also hired a motorised easyscreed which we ran over for the first level and to get the air out.

I am glad to see it out the ground at last. Lots of digging, 8 ton of hardcore, 2 ton of sand and 9 ton of concrete. Now for the blocks.
                              Last edited by yoshie; 16 November 2011, 23:55.
                              Brian

Comment

No reinforcing mesh? or does the hardcore do away with the need?
                                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                                X