Man Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Job Yoshie
    I hope you will get some sash jammers fit to that window ?

Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

• Originally posted by John h View Post
      Top Job Yoshie
      I hope you will get some sash jammers fit to that window ?

John I am tucked in the end of an 8 house cul-de-sac and the window has top bottom and side locking bolts but I agree no harm in fitting a couple.
      The window tilts inward 4" from the top on a quarter turn of the handle. Close and with a half turn it swings in fully opening the large top half. Not bad for a £60 buy from the local reclamation yard.
      Last edited by yoshie; 2 March 2012, 13:06.
      Brian

Comment

• Almost looks like a B n B, what rates for the weekend Brian ?
        (thinking outloud, for when we visit your way again )

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Coming on well mate. Might be able to see it from motorway when i'm heading to Falkirk tmrw.
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

• Yeh well I waved to you Fraser and ye justed ignored me.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              John I am tucked in the end of an 8 house cul-de-sac and the window has top bottom and side locking bolts but I agree no harm in fitting a couple.
              The window tilts inward 4" from the top on a quarter turn of the handle. Close and with a half turn it swings in fully opening the large top half. Not bad for a £60 buy from the local reclamation yard.
              not having a go Brian, just hate to see you invest all that time and effort plus i am sure you will kit out the cave with top equipment, then some ******* comes along and gets in and ruins it !!

Comment

• No worries John I know what you meant mate.

My brother and mate did this while I was at work

Last edited by yoshie; 4 March 2012, 20:11.
                Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  No worries John I no what you meant mate.

My brother and mate did this while I was at work

Batsards! Did you give 'em a slap?

Comment

• Looking most excellent bri, I'm giddy for you!!!!
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• It's the bloke with the Tardis that worries me

Comment

• Vince first time anything has been done without me involved, it was really nice to get a visit from the builder fairies. Even if they were ugly ones.

Thanks Si I am getting excited myself, soon be in and building new benches

John he has a VW camper as his hobby car and is a really nice fella. I have never actually asked him about the Dr Who transport.

Originally posted by John h View Post
                        It's the bloke with the Tardis that worries me
                        Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrifty
                          how long will it be before it looks like this to be fair i only moved into the new place a few weeks ago, so still sorting stuff out...and the dumping ground is the garage
                          Hopefully never mate

That's a decent looking work space you have there.
                          Brian

Comment

• Alan helping me yesterday with finishing off the sofits.

15ltrs of exterior paint and a further 30ltrs of emulsion on the walls

The floor is a solvent based polyurethane first coat mixed with white spirit to seal the slab, this is it after 3 coats. Band on the bottom block course below the damp course has only one coat so far. Still waiting on the air vent blocks to show up.

Steel for benches has been ordered. Hope to have the roof tiled and the electrics in over the next few weeks.

Last edited by yoshie; 3 June 2012, 14:26.
                            Brian

Comment

• Right then you lot!!!!

Who's taking bets on how long the walls will stay white.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by si tate View Post
                                Right then you lot!!!!

Who's taking bets on how long the walls will stay white.
                                I know I am dreaming but at least it will start off nice. I nearly spent £400 on a grey and red race deck floor until Alan convinced of what I already new, Race Deck and MIG welding is not a great mix.

Maybe one day when I leave the mud and get into the Hillclimbs and Sprint's and work up to the single seater I have always hankered after.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X