This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    A thief wouldn't waste time looking for something that may or may not be there, they would only break in if they knew the key was in the truck. There are many ways to remove locking nuts quickly and silently, they'd use one of those methods rather than look for a key, unless they knew where it was.
    I have also thought about this, but cant put anything together (meaning I haven't been stupid)
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Can I just point out that although they were my first thought, I'm in no way accusing Steertrack of stealing your wheels.

I am only suggesting that whoever did steal them, knew a few things about you and your truck. I doubt this specific theft was opportunistic.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        When they did the tracking they told me they couldnt do it on that size tyre, so I replaced my old wheels so they could track the truck up. They never even seen the rims as they were in the garden!
        Puts them in the clear then, but I still say someone went after your wheels knowing the things I mentioned earlier.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Can I just point out that although they were my first thought, I'm in no way accusing Steertrack of stealing your wheels.

I am only suggesting that whoever did steal them, knew a few things about you and your truck. I doubt this specific theft was opportunistic.
          I've had plenty of time to think about these sorts of things. This theft was no way opportunistic. There was no opportunity. The truck was locked, had not been moved since Sunday night, parked in the same spot I had parked in since having the paintwork touched up in May and beginning the works - same car park but away from the big tree!
          ALL work done with suspension / diff / oil changes / filters / washing / waxing has been done in the car park outside my house. This is in clear view of a street, opposite a primary school. It's easy to notice people walking by or driving by when you're under the truck with the back end in the air and the axle in bits. People are generally nosy. There isn't a truck like this around here - there are Landrovers and other 4x4's, these if lifted are not usually shiny!
          I blame the truck being too shiny
          I work in central London, the only time I am able to use the truck is weekends. People that use my street as a cut through is easy to see that it doesnt move during the week. Parking in the street would be closer to our house, but the road is pretty narrow when there are cars either side, I'm concerned it would be hit by a lorry or other vehicle.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Puts them in the clear then, but I still say someone went after your wheels knowing the things I mentioned earlier.
            Before when I had a paging alarm, I used to get awoken randomly during the night by the pager. Sometimes I would be asleep and not hear the car itself, but the keyfob on the side table. They had been setup in such a way that simply sanding up close to the doors would page the keyfob. As it was in the car park, another car driving passed (would of had to have been a van very close or a large lorry going some speed) would not have set the page off. Meaning that every so often someone was either scoping the car out or possibly attempting something..
            Things that draw attention seem to draw the wrong attention... For me anyway..
            Shame on me for only going through this thought process now. I've not had a car that was distinctive or nice this way for over four years - Actually, the whole reason for not having a nice car was because of the attention it attracted, the people in work vans bullying you on the road and the other people trying to gain from your effort and work...
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That was the first thing I thought too, but got ####ed off with the 'pikey' mince that started so didn't say anything.
              Oh dear.

I should make clear that when I referred to effing pikeys, I was referring to thieving scumbags generally, not than making some reference to travellers. If someone nicks wheels off a truck, he is a pikey in my book.

Apologies to all of the travelling community on the board who are offended.

Having said that all the travellers round here wouldn't be seen dead in a Surf. They all have top of the range Mercs.

Comment

• Do they always try selling you a 'dag' as well.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Love that film. Well, apart from all the stereotypes it perpetuates, which are obviously very bad indeed...

Comment

• Absolutely...wouldn't catch me watching it...now who here has got the minerals.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                      Love that film. Well, apart from all the stereotypes it perpetuates, which are obviously very bad indeed...
                      but funny!

iwannaacaravanformemar!
                      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

• I've just seen my rims on another vehicle stuck in traffic as I was trying to walk the miles home from as close as I could get. I now have descriptions or driver and vehicle and also licence plate and video.

Police have been informed.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Found your wheels or been compensated for them yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                            I've just seen my rims on another vehicle stuck in traffic as I was trying to walk the miles home from as close as I could get. I now have descriptions or driver and vehicle and also licence plate and video.

Police have been informed.
                            He probably doesn't even know they are stolen.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• The last person that stole my Wheels got a good Kicking.

I hope you get them back,
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                Found your wheels or been compensated for them yet?
                                I see my wheels that I imported from usa on another vehicle that were stolen.

I can't be any more specific than that ?
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X