This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
    As an ex Motor Insurance Asessor when goods which have been paid out on have been recoverd by owner or Police the Insurance company can come and collect the wheels and tyres as they are legally the property of the Insurance company and auction them. But sometimes you will be offered the recovered goods but you may be suprised how much they will want for them !! They need to recover costs and the 'salvage' which your wheels will be may carry a high price.
    I'm expecting a high price tag.. 'Tis why I said "depending on cost"

Cheers!!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      I'm only getting rid because I have a brand new set of exactly the same. The stolen rims are now not legally mine as the insurance paid out. Depending on cost I may buy them from the insurance to sell on. I dont need 10 wheels & tyres lol
      Right, I tend to scan posts rather than read every one so I missed you having new rims.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by si tate View Post
        Right, I tend to scan posts rather than read every one so I missed you having new rims.
        This is normally what I do
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

This is normally what I do
          Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            PM me if your selling the wheels mate.

Glad they caught the bugger.
            Looks like I'll be able to pick the wheels up within a few days to a week. Are you interested? There is no centre caps as the person removed them to avoid being caught, and there is no locking nuts or wheel nuts as the police didn't recover them (not sure why). The police also didn't recover the steel silverline spare.

This is just four AR Baja rims, 15" x 10" fitted with AT2 33" x 12" tyres. I still need to sort subs out so cannot PM just yet. Should sort this at the weekend. Cheers
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Looks like I'll be able to pick the wheels up within a few days to a week. Are you interested? There is no centre caps as the person removed them to avoid being caught, and there is no locking nuts or wheel nuts as the police didn't recover them (not sure why). The police also didn't recover the steel silverline spare.

This is just four AR Baja rims, 15" x 10" fitted with AT2 33" x 12" tyres. I still need to sort subs out so cannot PM just yet. Should sort this at the weekend. Cheers
              What are you asking for them Tony?
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Looks like you've found a buyer, but if that falls through I am very keen...

Comment

• I'm after around £500 which is around half the price of the wheels & tyres. The tyre size is 33x12.5x15 General Grabber AT2

Pic included
                  Attached Files
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• that truck looks really good. mine is exactly the same body and arches. but looks a lot worse off thanks to the fadeing paint work
                    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

• Let me know when you are pm-able...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooler View Post
                        that truck looks really good. mine is exactly the same body and arches. but looks a lot worse off thanks to the fadeing paint work
                        Thanks. I need to get an updated pic up. I've had a shiny stainless exhaust system fitted and other various shiny bits and clear side repeaters.
                        I'll see if I can clean it this weekend. Supposed to be snow boarding though. Well, I say snowboarding, I mean falling over and getting soaked, and then that soaking water freezing so your clothes are just ice-shaped clothes. They say if you are ever out in the freezing cold, and you fall through a lake, the best thing to do is strip off stark naked and pat fresh snow all over your body. This is supposed to remove all the water and give you a warm fuzzy feeling of content inside.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Have you got rid of these rims/tyres yet Diesel?

Comment

• Blimey, what a thread. Have been away and catching up on the forum. Glad you got them back Tony. If you are still looking to get rid, I'm interested?
                            Cheers
                            Martin
                            Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

• The situation right now is that the thief that stole them went to court, booked an alibi and gave some sketchy details of "where and how he bought them".
                              The result is that is has not been prosecuted and he also is requesting legal ownership of the wheels / tyres as "he bought them in good faith".

Because of this the Police have to write to him to allow him time to claim them with proof of receipt.

My points I have tried to make is:
                              - since he has many many previous convictions for the similar auto thefts etc then why are the police even entertaining that he may be telling the truth.
                              - If he is telling the truth then he would provide as much info as possible about the "person he bought them from"
                              - If he cannot prove he legally bought them, shouldn't this alone say to everyone that he cannot claim legal ownership? I mean if he can't prove he paid money for them to a specific person and the police cannot prove he stole them then they shouldn't just say "oh okay you can come to the station and collect them if you want".

Edit, one reason we know the person I confronted when I see him driving down the road with my wheels on his Landcruiser stole them or at least knew they were stolen, was that he told me he bought them from a shop and I queried why he had the wrong centre caps fitted. He said they came with them. Of course I knew they didn't as I had to specifically request the centre caps I bought and which were on his Landcruiser. The idiot even put the open ended caps on the rear.
                              Any way he then went on to say he bought them off gumtree. I could see the passenger beginning to get irate and some movement in the back (blacked out windows) so I told him they are all marked and walked away with the number plate and a description. When the police went round to nick him ALL but one centre cap had been removed. The one which had not been removed had been bashed to pieces where they tried and failed.
                              Last edited by dieselboy; 22 February 2011, 21:43.
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Thats outrageous I`d be putting a pile of thermite on his bonnet and lighting the magnesium strip. The law really is an ass

Comment

Working...
                                X