Everyone opinion Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    They said as long as their small or slow you will be fine.
    That's true, but it's not really fair on the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

G!T!
      yup thats me...oi loikes a bit a sarcasm moi lovely

but on a serious point,i spent many years driving a coach across europe (could be doing it again soon), i have seen some dreadful instances (mostly italian) of driving,and im not innocent..ive pushed it before when i shouldnt have,but my point is,apart from conforming to a sterotypical view we may have of other nationalities,there is good and bad driving everywhere.I have been lucky enough to drive (quite legally) at 155 mph across certain autobahns,and unlucky enough to be smashed into by a drunken frenchman outside paris.......this debate can roll on,but the world still spins and cars still crash.i can say though that with the benefit of age, i am much more aware of the consequences of bad driving,especially when driving my kids around.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Any chance someone with spare time today could re type this in english for me. I think he is trying to apologise but it's hard to tell.

well each to there own
        i have nothing to apologise for mate
        i will just bow to your super knowlage of the roads and lanes in yorkshire
        you must know them more than me to say that i dreamed up what i wrote
        you know that much about things its unreal
        i never knew that you knew more than me about yorkshires lanes?
        how often are you on back land (tickhill side) hancheif lane (todik)
        ully rise(ully) car lane (treeton) bib lane (hutton levit) kings way(kings woods)
        plus many more
        you know i never seen ya on them lanes mate
        but you seem to understand about yorkshires boy racer problem and the lanes i drive on
        my word i did not realise you had powers like that (or is it just in ya head?)
        coz i know fluk all about the lanes roads or boy racers around were you live
        funny that not every ones got the same powers has you
        aint it super boy
        Last edited by JUDWAK; 26 February 2009, 12:40.
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

George ! you forgot Sprotborough falls, !! nice place to roll a truck !
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
            George ! you forgot Sprotborough falls, !! nice place to roll a truck !
            cheers john
            and denaby crags

Comment

Good Call, going to ring you soon about picking up Mitsy's rad lookin at going down Sunday 8th march, just got to clear it with Brummie !
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                Good Call, going to ring you soon about picking up Mitsy's rad lookin at going down Sunday 8th march, just got to clear it with Brummie !
                any time suits me dude
                may even have mi truck done by then

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                  well each to there own
                  i have nothing to apologise for mate
                  i will just bow to your super knowlage of the roads and lanes in yorkshire
                  you must know them more than me to say that i dreamed up what i wrote
                  you know that much about things its unreal
                  i never knew that you knew more than me about yorkshires lanes?
                  how often are you on back land (tickhill side) hancheif lane (todik)
                  ully rise(ully) car lane (treeton) bib lane (hutton levit) kings way(kings woods)
                  plus many more
                  you know i never seen ya on them lanes mate
                  but you seem to understand about yorkshires boy racer problem and the lanes i drive on
                  my word i did not realise you had powers like that (or is it just in ya head?)
                  coz i know fluk all about the lanes roads or boy racers around were you live
                  funny that not every ones got the same powers has you
                  aint it super boy
                  You win
                  Brian

Comment

You win
                    its not a war yoshie
                    and no one won nothing coz theres nothing to win
                    lets just all play nice please

Comment

• You'll make me cry.
                      Andy
                      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

• Just to stick my two penneth in, I started out on powered two wheels in 1966 and learnt to read the road that way. Ok, there was far less traffic then and my first bike had difficulty exceeding 40mph downhill with the wind behind, but it helped me to understand the traffic. By the time I could afford a car in 69 (a 1000cc Standard 10) I knew enough about reading the road and traffic to allow me to pass first time, but hey, there still wasn't much traffic about.

The big problem these days is that kids do not get taught how to cope with a car properly on Britains crowded roads. The test isn't really stringent enough for the power of even the smallest cars available to them, especially when many of them have probably gained a bit of their experience from driving a PS2/3 or Xbox360, where making a mistake doesn't hurt!! Either that or they just nick a car and tear up the road causing mayhem for other road users.

The suggestions about improving the test are good. Better still, new drivers should be banned from M-ways until they have been trained, then taken and passed a further test of their ability to cope with fast moving, uni-directional traffic. Only then should they get on the M-ways.

I also agree with the 1 passenger, zero alcohol suggestion. Break that restriction, you only get to ride a 50cc single seat two wheeler for 2 years. That way you're more likely to kill yourself if you behave like an @sshole on the road.

One other deterent to nicking cars by kids is that they should be banned FOR LIFE from ever holding a drivers licence and if caught again should spend a considerable anount of time in prison (or maybe walking ahead of ISAF trucks on Afghan roads, to detonate any IED's - solve the problem of them continuing to pollute the gene pool as well - and save a few more of our troops from getting killed out there. That just might make the little scroots think twice before doing it.
                        Mike G

Comment

• I don't know the current standard of the driving test, it's been over 15 years since I last took a test (motorcycle) and 17 since I got the car. This means I can drive and tow many things that people that pass their test now have to take lessons for.

I don't like the black box method, but then I don't like electronics taking over my belief in car control ( I say belief because no matter what anyone says we never have full control, because there are too many things that can happen). I think our reliance on electrical back up has stopped us being able to drive in any thing other than perfect conditions, and the amount of saftey built into our vehicles has reduced our hazard perception.

I think more driving experiance is the only answer, knowing how to read the road, spot hazards, control the car when things go wrong. I am thankfull that before the surf every car I had was one trip any from the scrapman, which meant I learnt to drive around most faults. Now the biggest fault in my driving is just me.

Saying all thatblack boxes, education, horrific pictures of films. Will not stop crashes, some one will drive inapropiatley, some one will make a mistake, somthing will break, something will be on the road. Any one that tells you all accidents are avoidable should be taken out and shot for stupidity, you can not avoid all accidents, but you can try to reduce them.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                            its not a war yoshie
                            and no one won nothing coz theres nothing to win
                            lets just all play nice please

God Damn it, dont stop now men, i was enjoying watching u two at it, why did u have to go make up?????????

DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              I don't know the current standard of the driving test, it's been over 15 years since I last took a test (motorcycle) and 17 since I got the car. This means I can drive and tow many things that people that pass their test now have to take lessons for.

I think more driving experiance is the only answer, knowing how to read the road, spot hazards, control the car when things go wrong. I am thankfull that before the surf every car I had was one trip any from the scrapman, which meant I learnt to drive around most faults. Now the biggest fault in my driving is just me.
                              I think there may be something in what ya saying Duane...
                              In our day almost all of us have mopeds, scooters or Motorcycles as a means of transport n more, we became aware of the dangers of riding very quickly or we didn't survive.... (while I was a total idiot I did, sadly a lot of my sensible mates didn't) reality kicked in a few years later, when I became a Car driver.... Safety became my Buzz word n still is ....
                              Some of us learn ... some don't wanna learn n think bike training/riding as a pre former to a car licence, some experience is better than non !!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

• i must addmit
                                i learnt a lot about road driving on my 50cc scooter
                                it was pants but like ya say its all down to learn fast or die young
                                there is no bubble around ya on a bike
                                and ya feel it more too
                                in a car you can be put under false pretence's about safety
                                but being safe on the roads in my books is everything else and every one else comes first my safety comes second
                                i would rather die than live with the fact i killed some one for nowt

Comment

Working...
                                X