No announcement yet.

Everyone opinion Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everytime you post Bushwacker i cant help but sense you are giggling as you type. at least thats the impression i get from your avatar! lol

Comment

• Giggle? me?

I only guffaw, especially when JUDWAK posts.

If my trucks rockin', don't bother knockin'!

Comment

• Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
        lets just all play nice please

No dont!

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• I'd like to tell every spotty w@nk or w@nkess in their Corsa/Nova/Civic/107/Clio isn't faster than my bike, I know this already, so no matter how hard you try, I'm not racing you!

Many moons ago, when I lived in East KIlbride, a friend of mine lost an 18 year old son in a car crash. The car left the road, went over a hedge and hit a tree roof first. The car wasn't visible from the road and as it hadn't damaged the hedge much, nobody saw it. The car was discovered by a woman out walking her dog at 2pm, around 16 hours after the accident.

There were 4 lads in the car, one was 18, one was 19 and the other 2 were 17. None of them were killed in the accident, but all 4 were trapped.

They reckon the first one died 2-4 hours after the accident, 2 died a couple of hours after that and the last one, my mate's son, died due to his injuries about 6 hours before the car was found (all these times are obviously estimates).

A couple of months back, I was in BK in Stirling where I overheard a group of fools chatting about who was the best driver, they all agreed that it was Steve; he had to be the best because he'd crashed the least!

I thought about relating the above story to them, but I thought, what's the point, they think they're invincible. Best leave it to them to prove themselves wrong.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• With relation to todays driving test,my missus passed two years ago and some of the procedures...WOW. No mirror,signal, manouvere, when we encountered some parked cars on our side of the road, no indicatio whilst waiting ..that one confused me,but her instructor told her that if someone saw you waiting they would have to wait to...but what if (and this happens a lot) they think you are parked ??

Oh and roundabouts........not a bleedin clue...and she passed.When we go out in the car my 3 year old always remarks on mummys "rally" driving...i just hope when she kills herself she doesnt take my kids with her.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I passed my test back in '83. It was pretty simple test really, drive around to show competence behind the wheel and correctly identify several road signs from a flip chart.

Todays test should include a simple physics exam to show that you understand inertia, centrifugal and gyroscopic forces, plus a video showing the aftermath, including the blood and gore of crashes due to careless/dangerous driving.
              very good point,most traffic cops we speak to would love to do this,trev will have seen this,on a roundabout at hawards heath they placed a totally mashed car(after we drained oil etc from it)accidents went drastically down,then council piped up saying it was an eyesore and we had to remove it

Comment

• i failed my test once. i had to reverse round a corner. i was parked up on the lft just infron of a corner leading into another road. a car was comming behind me so i waited.....the car then COMPLETELY stoped to let me go.....i started reversing round the corner and halfway through the var decided he had enough room to go past me.
                the #### of an intructor failed me saying that i didnt see a car comming up behind me!!
                well excuuuuuusseee me!! he STOPED TO LET ME GO!!
                as the other driver had his own license the can do whatever he wants and make any decisions he wants. as a result he got me failed!!
                i was 75% round the corner, so yes plenty of room for him to go around me.
                even if i wanted to stop reversing at 76% round the corner to let him past...it was too late and my instructor pulled me up on it!
                how unfair is that!!and to top it off the instructor trod dog sh1t in my car!!

Comment

• Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                  i failed my test once. i had to reverse round a corner. i was parked up on the lft just infron of a corner leading into another road. a car was comming behind me so i waited.....the car then COMPLETELY stoped to let me go.....i started reversing round the corner and halfway through the var decided he had enough room to go past me.
                  the #### of an intructor failed me saying that i didnt see a car comming up behind me!!
                  well excuuuuuusseee me!! he STOPED TO LET ME GO!!
                  as the other driver had his own license the can do whatever he wants and make any decisions he wants. as a result he got me failed!!
                  i was 75% round the corner, so yes plenty of room for him to go around me.
                  even if i wanted to stop reversing at 76% round the corner to let him past...it was too late and my instructor pulled me up on it!
                  how unfair is that!!and to top it off the instructor trod dog sh1t in my car!!
                  i thought that was basics tbh,u never assume that other drivers have seen you?

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    i thought that was basics tbh,u never assume that other drivers have seen you?
                    i never "assumed" that he saw me....i KNOW he saw me.
                    what i did "assume" was that my instructor saw him to or at least that he saw me see him. afterall he was looking behind aswell.
                    it was almost as if he failed me just to be a cun*

Comment

i never "assumed" that he saw me....i KNOW he saw me.
                      what i did "assume" was that my instructor saw him to or at least that he saw me see him. afterall he was looking behind aswell.
                      it was almost as if he failed me just to be a cun*
                      not being funny,but the point is never assume they stopped for you,could be any number of reasons,im sure its even in the highway code sumwhere

Comment

• i can tell you now the test is alot harder now than when most of you took it.

i can also tell you experience is the only way you get better at driving. but here's another problem on the roads...how drivers are taught to do certain things now, is nothing like how alot of you learnt when you last took a driving test. therefore, adding to stupid kids driving like they're on a track, you've also got kids driving safely and how they been shown to drive, and older drivers not driving the same way and this results in problems.

case and point - this week i've been out on the road with a mate of mine who's showing me the inns and outs of the dealings at the company i'm hoping to start work with. now this guy is an incredible driver, class 1, held at one point or another all the ADRs etc. anyway, he still done a few things that got me saying "you'd have failed your test for that". and its not that he done anything majorly dangerous by itself, its just that the accepted rules and methods change, and no current license holder knows it.

there's still idiots killing each other on the road but this is also a point worth considering.
                        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• Examples please

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            not being funny,but the point is never assume they stopped for you,could be any number of reasons,im sure its even in the highway code sumwhere
                            yes well i know this no dont i!! lol

Comment

yes well i know this no dont i!! lol
                              sorry just saying matey

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                                Examples please
                                things like lane domination approaching junctions/r/abouts etc. its your responsibility to not leave enough room for any idiots who may try to limit your ability to safely exit or turn. so if a din decides his rep-mobil can squeeze through the inside and/or outside of you on such a tight turn (therefore utilizing any given lanes in the same manner as if it were 2 cars making the same turn) this is a mark against you for not dominating the lanes sufficiently.

20 years ago when my mate done his test, it was the responsibility of the din in the rep-mobil to not drive like a din.

scrubbing your tyres against a curb is an instant fail if on the front wheels, and sometimes enough for a fail on the rears too, dependant on the examiners discretion.

20 years ago, if you scrubbed the curbs it was nothing as long as you didn't mount them. also, i bet there isn't a single trucker on here who drives all week long without scrubbing a curb at least once.
                                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                                X