No announcement yet.

Everyone opinion Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and now now ladies! one of the reason i come on here is to get away from women!
    just kiss and make up!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspode View Post
      Finland has the right idea, you have to have lessons for three years, and drive on test tracks, skidpans, loose gravel, etc, the take it very seriously over there which means that even if a kid does get into trouble, they have the skills to hopefully get out of it, we all know sometimes you have to take the decision to either floor it to get out the way or brake hard, yet you only learn this kind of thing after you have your licence, which dosnt make much sense, if you have the skills to avoid trouble then you ve got more chance.

plus if you have spent a few months scaring the bejezes out of yourself on a skidpan, you tend to be a bit more retrospect when actually driving!

-----
      I'm with you on this Idea.

I joined my local motorsport club when I was 17 and go into Autotests. Learning how to control your car in an unstable condition, has kept me on the road for 35 years.

Comment

Just read this thread and agree with the black box idea.Ialso think there should be futher training which should be compulsary after the basic driving test.I have been driving emergency vehicles for the last 31 years on Blues and Twos and thanks to the advanced training I received have not had an accident.When my kids (3) passed their tests I took them out and passed on my training,they all have blemish free driving histories and I like to think its because of what I taught them.The standard driving test only gives them the basic skills.It teaches nothing about how to read the road,or the correct line for a bend,observation seems to be restricted to the rear of the vehicle infront,not as far ahead as possible as it should be.Once they pass the theory test they forget all about hazard warning lines and other clues as to what lies ahead.They haven`t a clue about braking distances on the road and how to adjust them for different conditions.Once they lose the L plates they think YAHOO now I can do as I want and forget all that theory b0ll0cks.If they new they had to attend advanced lessons over the next two years they would have to remember these things and they would become part of their normal driving behaviour thus making the raods a safer place for everyone.
        Thats my two pennith so there.
        I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Ahhh that's crap news mate.

Trouble is, at 17, you think you're indestructible, and no-one knows more about driving at speed than you do. As you get older you become more circumspect because you start to appreciate you're mortal. You start to worry about your own kids etc etc. These days, well, I cant remember the last time I went faster than 70!

I dont see an easy answer other than perhaps some compulsory hazard perception / motorway speed training to build some experience after the normal driving test, and very heavy fines / points for speeding / dangerous driving etc until you reach an age you are mature enough to be a reasonable risk.

I also killed an early GT-Four many moons ago, due to my enthusiasm outstripping my skill / experience. Thankfully I got away with it, and the person that was with me got away with cuts / bruises, but you learn from it!
          You cant remember what you did yesterday !!

but i digress...no fster than 70...better geta 4.2 v8 jag then andy......
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

How is limiting people to 70 going to help? That's the speed limit anyway and few people top that except on the motorway, where the least crashes happen. Every accident or near miss of my youth was substantially under 70 and the one time I ever got really brown pants was trying to overtake with nothing like enough acceleration.

At the same time, I came fairly close to death recently seeing what a Lotus Elan 'could do' on a country lane. Scare the sh1t out of me, evidently.

The only way to really learn road skills is through experience. Failing that, I still maintain (as the Finland idea) that more rigorous training and testing is required. Black box isn't a bad idea, but I am a big believer in personal, rather than enforced, responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              iam not realy intrested in your small mindedness dude iam realy not
              if you have a problem with me mate get it all of ya chest pal
              if you want owt else i'll give ya my address if ya like
              or give me yours

But just imagine how many hedges you would have to throw the truck into on a drive that far.
              I hope that's not a threat of violence on top the abuse in previous posts. I will give you the benifit of the doubt, this one time.

i will put this nice and plain
              stop being a tool
              its not a threat
              its called putting it on ya toes
              swop addresses call me a lier or dramea queen to my face thats all iam

saying now my number sir rr1255 cell 152 house block 1
              your a scerw/po who dont like people like me thats a bit down to earth
              iam i right?
              its you with the problem mate
              whats up ya wife left ya
              or bad day at work
              too drunk again
              what ?
              are have you just a problem with me personley?
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                How is limiting people to 70 going to help? That's the speed limit anyway and few people top that except on the motorway, where the least crashes happen. Every accident or near miss of my youth was substantially under 70 and the one time I ever got really brown pants was trying to overtake with nothing like enough acceleration.

At the same time, I came fairly close to death recently seeing what a Lotus Elan 'could do' on a country lane. Scare the sh1t out of me, evidently.

The only way to really learn road skills is through experience. Failing that, I still maintain (as the Finland idea) that more rigorous training and testing is required. Black box isn't a bad idea, but I am a big believer in personal, rather than enforced, responsibility.
                so welcome to my 2.4 0n 33's/3 cylinder corsa world...

and george and yoshie...what the hell...I have the biggest willy so stop the competition right now
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  so welcome to my 2.4 0n 33's/3 cylinder corsa world...

and george and yoshie...what the hell...I have the biggest willy so stop the competition right now
                  Screw you... mines soooo big that i can sit downstairs an take a pi$$ upstairs!!

Comment

my dick matchs my car
                    its a 2.4 inch
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Just to put my tupennyworth in ...
                      Now when I passed my Test my Instructor said " Now ya passed, learning to drive starts now" I think it was quite commonplace comment from Instructors at that time ....

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                        Screw you... mines soooo small that i have to sit an take a pi$$

Yeah i know mate ..

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                        my dick matchs my car
                        its a 2.4 inch
                        Niiiiiccceeeee !!!!

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        Just to put my tupennyworth in ...
                        Now when I passed my Test my Instructor said " Now ya passed, learning to drive starts now" I think it was quite commonplace comment from Instructors at that time ....

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                        Very true jess. I couldnt agree more
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i will put this nice and plain
                          stop being a tool
                          its not a threat
                          its called putting it on ya toes
                          swop addresses call me a lier or dramea queen to my face thats all iam

saying now my number sir rr1255 cell 152 house block 1
                          your a scerw/po who dont like people like me thats a bit down to earth
                          iam i right?
                          its you with the problem mate
                          whats up ya wife left ya
                          or bad day at work
                          too drunk again
                          what ?
                          are have you just a problem with me personley?
                          Any chance someone with spare time today could re type this in english for me. I think he is trying to apologise but it's hard to tell.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            Im a sarcastic g!t..

G!T!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              Any chance someone with spare time today could re type this in english for me. I think he is trying to apologise but it's hard to tell.

I will put this nice and plain. Stop being a tool. It's not a threat its called putting it on your toes. (I don't know what that means).

Swap addresses and call me a liar or drama queen to my face, that's all I am saying. Now my number sir; rr1255 cell 152 house block 1. (I don't get this either, but think it might be something to do with prison).
                              You are a prison or police officer who doesn't like people like me who are a bit down to earth. Am i right?

It's you with the problem mate. What's up? Did your wife leave your or are you having a bad day at work? Perhaps you are too drunk again.

What, do you just have a problem with me personally?
                              Didn't your parents ever teach you not to blow down dogs' noses, Yoshie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                                Didn't your parents ever teach you not to blow down dogs' noses, Yoshie?
                                They said as long as their small or slow you will be fine.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X