X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    a PM sent earlier
    About right, I log on here as do the others daily.

Then have to read through as much as I can even if the thread content doesn't appeal to me to make sure there is nothing untoward in it.

If people were kind enough to drop a PM to the mods it would bring the thread/post to our direct attention straight away as soon as I/we log on.

Seems some people would rather join in on the post/thread make it umpteen pages long get all involved and add fuel to the little fire.
    Nothing more than indulging the person who started it to sit back and watch people start arguing.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I think the point that's trying to be made is, the current mods/admin types are doing a cracking job, but their efforts here get interrupted by the real world from time to time. No one (i think...) is saying the moderation policy needs changing, or that there is too much 'daft' posting here- that is the joy of the place. What we are saying is, a little extra cover might have seen a few posts deleted, a PM sent earlier, and a slightly lower average blood pressure on the board..
      It's a very fine line though... more admin / more mods runs the risk of altering the dynamics of the whole forum.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Hi, I think if I was looking at this forum for the first time or just joined, I would feel quite intimidated, being nervous to post anything in case you got an abusive, embarrassing, answer. Maybe the 'yellow card/red card' system might work with a symbol next to their name if they've overstepped the mark.

I've met people in the past who's normal behaviour is abusive and they genuinely don't realize how it affects others but once it's pointed out it's usually taken on board.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          It's a very fine line though... more admin / more mods runs the risk of altering the dynamics of the whole forum.
          That's the trouble, it is a very fine line. I think when a post is pulled, it is not actually deleted, it just goes into a sin bin, so a post could be returned if it was pulled in error. That would make more work for mods in the short term, but would help maintain the feel of the place. But as said above, Its Kois trainset...
          Last edited by Chillitt; 9 November 2007, 12:03.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

this thread was never started to cause problems. the admin do an A1 job of running this forum. but the point i was trying to make was they have (as nero said) a life outside of this forum as we all do.but the arguments have happened alot of the time when there has been no mods on which then lets these arguments get out of hand. and yes the best thing would be, is to not get involved. but when things do get out of hand and there are no mods on it is left to us all to get along. i suppose all i'm saying is i think the mods could have a little bit extra back up to stop this from happening. someone who can warn them of being banned and having the ability to delete the post before any arguments are cause.

Comment

Things don't need to get out of hand, just ignore it.

Feeding the trolls is often fun late evening entertainment IMHO, then it can get deleted later.

Deleting threads dosn't mean it never happened, I rather other members could see what a pratt the person in question has been. Then you can decide wether to ignore them or not.

Originally posted by sledge
              this thread was never started to cause problems. the admin do an A1 job of running this forum. but the point i was trying to make was they have (as nero said) a life outside of this forum as we all do.but the arguments have happened alot of the time when there has been no mods on which then lets these arguments get out of hand. and yes the best thing would be, is to not get involved. but when things do get out of hand and there are no mods on it is left to us all to get along. i suppose all i'm saying is i think the mods could have a little bit extra back up to stop this from happening. someone who can warn them of being banned and having the ability to delete the post before any arguments are cause.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

That's the trouble, it is a very fine line. I think when a post is pulled, it is not actually deleted, it just goes into a sin bin, so a post could be returned if it was pulled in error. That would make more work for mods in the short term, but would help maintain the feel of the place. But as said above, Its Kois trainset...

Nah ,when its deleted by us its gone for good
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Things don't need to get out of hand, just ignore it.

Feeding the trolls is often fun late evening entertainment IMHO, then it can get deleted later.

Deleting threads dosn't mean it never happened, I rather other members could see what a pratt the person in question has been. Then you can decide wether to ignore them or not.
                  i agree, but deleting a thread people then can forget what has been said so the argument is then over and ends up being forgotten

Comment

So the advice is ......When things start going tits up report the post and walk away .

Oh and if that is the case give tony a bigger P.M. box
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodzie
                      So the advice is ......When things start going tits up report the post and walk away .

Oh and if that is the case give tony a bigger P.M. box
                      sounds like a good idea lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodzie
                        If you can......

Originally posted by Sledge
                        i agree, but deleting a thread people then can forget what has been said so the argument is then over and ends up being forgotten
                        but it dosn't, someone will mention it later in another post.

Comment

• no more moderator folk!!!!! there's nothing wrong with the chaos. let those who want to cry, cry and those who don't can carry on being happy with the forum and their 1st and 2nd gens.
                          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• Originally posted by logey79
                            no more moderator folk!!!!! there's nothing wrong with the chaos. let those who want to cry, cry and those who don't can carry on being happy with the forum and their 1st and 2nd gens.

Personally I agree, but we do have a loose (very loose!) collection of rules to try and stick to.

Comment

• The answer to all of the problems.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/136299/d...pidfilter.html

Comment

• Originally posted by andy

"This comment is more or less unintelligible. Please try to restate it."
                                That should cover most things!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X