• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce
    thats right lower the tone why don't you
    I only made a request ............i thought you had already lowered it

I'll tell her to fling some poo at you
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I'm not saying that nothing should be done about a certain member, but i don't think more mods is necessarily the way forward. As i said last night i'm sure that the mods and admin are already aware of the upset he is causing and i don't doubt that action will be taken in due course, but all the time someone bites (they will in a forum this size) the only winner is the guy fishing.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

@ Woodzie & Stormforce

You've both got incoming
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I don't really understand this poll?

If there was another Mod, would he / she have banned Billy then? If so then it would have been against the wishes of the other Admins / Mods?

It's not like the present Admin / Mods have not looked at the issue or am I missing something here?
          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
            @ Woodzie & Stormforce

You've both got incoming
            Ah the food fight
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven

If there was another Mod, would he / she have banned Billy then? If so then it would have been against the wishes of the other Admins / Mods?

It's not like the present Admin / Mods have not looked at the issue or am I missing something here?
              No but some of the insults could have been nipped in the bud , not 8 hours later after it has Spiraled into a 60 post slanging match
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Taking the 'ain't this a members truck' thread back to the pub analogy,

the barstaff (some of the longer serving members) had watched what was going on, and began quietly talking to each other, giving each other the heads up that it was getting rowdy. When it got out of hand they took the decision to call for help (sent admin PMs). It got out of hand and someone had to step in and take action, the OP removed the thread.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

yep is about all the trouble and arguments that have been happening over the past few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                    Taking the 'ain't this a members truck' thread back to the pub analogy,

the barstaff (some of the longer serving members) had watched what was going on, and began quietly talking to each other, giving each other the heads up that it was getting rowdy. When it got out of hand they took the decision to call for help (sent admin PMs). It got out of hand and someone had to step in and take action, the OP removed the thread.
                    but thats the point should it of been allowed to get as far as it did

Comment

As I see it, It's Koi's forum and he trusts Jotto and TonyN to have the same rights as him to keep things in order. Nigel's ultimately responsible for what goes on here, how newbies react to posts, how many people join up, how may walk away etc etc.

If he, or the people he trusts to keep an eye out for him, have a problem with certain people or the way the forum's going, they will do something about it. If not, we accept that as their position and act how we want to in response to the situation.

As far as I'm concerned, don't tell the guy how to run his forum. So, I'm abstaining.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                        yep is about all the trouble and arguments that have been happening over the past few weeks

So it's not "just" about Billy then?
                        I Love Wales

Comment

I think the point that's trying to be made is, the current mods/admin types are doing a cracking job, but their efforts here get interrupted by the real world from time to time. No one (i think...) is saying the moderation policy needs changing, or that there is too much 'daft' posting here- that is the joy of the place. What we are saying is, a little extra cover might have seen a few posts deleted, a PM sent earlier, and a slightly lower average blood pressure on the board..
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

So it's not "just" about Billy then?
                            no there has been quiet a few disagreements and arguments

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              I think the point that's trying to be made is, the current mods/admin types are doing a cracking job, but their efforts here get interrupted by the real world from time to time. No one (i think...) is saying the moderation policy needs changing, or that there is too much 'daft' posting here- that is the joy of the place. What we are saying is, a little extra cover might have seen a few posts deleted, a PM sent earlier, and a slightly lower average blood pressure on the board..
                              thats exactly my point

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                                but thats the point should it of been allowed to get as far as it did
                                It happened over a period of only a couple of hours on a friday night, it wasn't the same member that has caused some of the other recent arguments. I would have expected it to dissappear within 24 hours, have a look at the Mods profiles, see when they last visited. I was actually impressed to see that 3 of the 4 had visited yesterday, despite only 1 posting. The 4th has visited this morning but not posted for over a month.

If the thread had have been drawn out over a day or two i have no doubt it would have been nipped in the bud.
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X