• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Good save!

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Voted No mainly cos I think they do a good enough job.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

I'm sure if more mods are needed, BUT if they are who would be willing to take on the job?

I'v thought about it, I'm on most days, but do I have the time to read every post? No I don't, I just read the ones that I think I'll be interested in, so would that be any use? I'm not sure. How many other forum members are in the same situation?

I will vote yes, not because I think we necessarily need more mods, but to help spread the work out as the ones we do have do a good job but can't be here 24/7.
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

All I'm going to say, is be careful what you wish for.

I have seen forums ruined by Mods / Admins who are over "keen"

You are lucky here to have a free hand, post what you like and say what you want, things could change for the worse.

Not that this post is a dig at anyone, after all I don't really know you guys anyway
          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
            All I'm going to say, is be careful what you wish for.

I have seen forums ruined by Mods / Admins who are over "keen"

You are lucky here to have a free hand, post what you like and say what you want, things could change for the worse.

Not that this post is a dig at anyone, after all I don't really know you guys anyway
            I'm all for posting what you like and free speech etc.... but when someone constantly posts rude/malicious/offensive/insulting comments it should not be acceptable full stop! and the offending posts should be deleted.

Everyone should know what is acceptable and what is not. It's not a case of ruining the forum but keeping it at an acceptable standard.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

voted but,not easily.
              we wouldnt go to a pub,or out shopping in fact anywhere and start flaming someone.i have been lucky enough to meet a few forum members,and i haven't said anything to them online that i wouldnt say in person (in fact im ruder to woodzie in person ).the internet does give us a degree of anonymity,but is that an excuse to be rude?
              many times i have written a post then edited,or deleted it,thinking that it might be a bit harsh/offensive,why should the fact that you cant be seen be an excuse for bad social graces.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

definately need something sorting out soon,i haven't been posting much on the forum over the past few days as i am getting pee'd off with all the $$$$ from certain members.I'm sure that some of the newbies that have been logging on won't bother coming back when they see some of the replies to their questions.
                There is no need for people to be $$$$$$$$s like they are
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                  definately need something sorting out soon,i haven't been posting much on the forum over the past few days as i am getting pee'd off with all the $$$$ from certain members.I'm sure that some of the newbies that have been logging on won't bother coming back when they see some of the replies to their questions.
                  Yes melons said she has been throwing things at you
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

talk to me richard.

i wont be at all rude.

(well maybe a little bit)

ps have confirmed (in mrs gwh's very big diary) that i need to go to next years rtts.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Yes melons said she has been throwing things at you
                      yea and i've been poking her back.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                        talk to me richard.

i wont be at all rude.

(well maybe a little bit)

ps have confirmed (in mrs gwh's very big diary) that i need to go to next years rtts.
                        the more the better for next year.got to get over 20 trucks next year tho

Comment

well ,since mrs gwh went back into teaching this week and our family income has increased substantially,i can ease of the gas a bit.the big wales trip was awesome and only confirmed i wanted to do lots more "socials", so count me in for definite.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

yea and i've been poking her back.
                            Do you mind rephrasing that
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

<snip>I'm sure that some of the newbies that have been logging on won't bother coming back when they see some of the replies to their questions.
                              Thats a very good point Rich, and probably the most important one.

As an old hand, I dont give a monkeys about the plonkers, but I can see how a newbie looking for info, and getting shot down, could be put off staying around, and that would be a shame.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                                Do you mind rephrasing that
                                thats right lower the tone why don't you

Comment

Working...
                                X