This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    I think it's worth noting here that all the admin guys Koi, Lucky, Jotto, TonyN or any others do it off their own backs and in their own time at times probably at their own cost aswell.

I for one think they do a good job, and have built up and established one of the best and most active forums on the net, and i don't think we as members do ourselves or them any favours with some of the threads that have been around, i'm as guilty as anyone for venting steam at times, and have already done so in this thread.

OK so MTBBilly has been $$$$in people off from the day he joined. He's not calmed down yet, but i think it's fair to say the admin are already well aware of him and some of his posts. And are probably already watching him deciding what and if any action needs to be taken.

I for one am not holding it against any of the admin that this prick hasn't yet been banned, but am getting rather $$$$ed off by his presence.
    Originally posted by Nero279
    if the guys who run the forum decide, and it's their decision, that they want more hands, i would be prepared to take on an admin role purely on the grounds that i spend way too much time on here, but at the same time i'm a relative newbie (18 monthsish) and have no real idea of what goes on behind the scenes of a forum. Removing blatant spam etc. i have no problem with, but to be fair i'm not sure i would know when/if to take any action in situations such as have happened over the last week or so.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I'm new here, so have no right to vote on this. However I have to say that in my experience (been doing this interweb thing for more than 15 years), more moderation tends to mean a less friendly forum.

With the greatest respect, perhaps what's needed is a change of moderators rather than more moderators?
      Last edited by Albannach; 9 November 2007, 01:39.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I'm gonna go against the flow here with a resounding NO!!!!...(etc)...
        wholeheartedly with you on this one Andy.

If the admin and mods want more help i've no doubt they would ask, but i also think it's something that needs careful consideration.

Any power given to anyone can be abused, so any new mods need to be the right person/people for the job. As i've already said, i would be prepared to take it on if the admin thought it was necessary and if they thought i was the right person, I don't believe I am if i'm 100% honest.

Other than one to$$er there's been no major problems on this forum in the 18 months i've been a member. Seems to be running well to me, let's keep it that way.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

If the admin and mods want more help i've no doubt they would ask, but i also think it's something that needs careful consideration.

Any power given to anyone can be abused, so any new mods need to be the right person/people for the job. As i've already said, i would be prepared to take it on if the admin thought it was necessary and if they thought i was the right person, I don't believe I am if i'm 100% honest.

Other than one to$$er there's been no major problems on this forum in the 18 months i've been a member. Seems to be running well to me, let's keep it that way.

Hi newbie!

Comment

<cheers loudly>

There's no need for changes when nothing has changed.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Hi newbie!
              Pah, you of the clean truck!!

Hows the missus Vince?

Any news yet?

Having a party?

Comment

<cheers loudly>

There's no need for changes when nothing has changed.
                Whoa! I think you've just created a paradox!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Whoa! I think you've just created a paradox!
                  If you were a robot, or a 1960s computer, you'd have exploded by now.

Comment

I'm gonna go against the flow here with a resounding NO!!!!.

And MTBBilly who is either a complete c0ck, or simply someone who is a bit unsure of himself and resorts to insults in order to feel hard / big, but is probably OK when he gets over his issues. Lets give him a chance - one of the existing mods can kick him out if he does anything REALLY bad. So far he's only made himself look a t055er, but lately he's only been abrasive
                    Yes but he is upseting people more than gwh's wind up ever did ......
                    The bigots and homophobes blew it so much out of proportion that koi was forced to act . BUT this guy is allowed to attack with out any restictions....

Would you have spent your first 250 posts abusing your fellow forum members
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Pah, you of the clean truck!!

Hows the missus Vince?

Any news yet?

Having a party?

She is so p*ssed off, she just wants the baby OUT! One more week to go.

I might have a glass of port.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        I know it's elsewhere but it needs to be here too

I like to think of this place like a pub .....we are all drinking away having a laugh , exchanging information and taking the mick out of each other ....

What happens in a pub when some loud mouthed obnoxious git comes in and starts on the locals and pinching your girlfriends arse for fun ......

thats how this feels , oh and the landlord should be watching and the barstaff reporting and and sorting the problems .....but they are so rarely here these days that everyone is helping them selves
                        we them

Comment

don't get me wrong guys and gals the admin we have got is really good and i would'nt want to change that, but i do think that some sort of order needs to be sorted, to stop things getting out of hand. like racial abuse nasty comments about members and such. as there have been quiet a few disagreements and alot of nastiness, for the last few weeks, it use to be a fun place to come and have a laugh and a joke but if you look at what some of the members reactions have been like it's not good, and as the nastiness carries on more and more people are likely to not join the forum if they see that all there going to get is abuse

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                            Yes but he is upseting people more than gwh's wind up ever did ......
                            The bigots and homophobes blew it so much out of proportion that koi was forced to act . BUT this guy is allowed to attack with out any restictions....

Would you have spent your first 250 posts abusing your fellow forum members
                            No, but I'm not a gobsh1te with something o prove - he doesn't wind me up at all - he's proving himself to be an a55. So what? I really dont see the problem.

He'll either join in with the happy family or get fed up when no-one takes any notice any more.

Comment

After sitting back and thinking on this for a while, i have decided that instead of giving someone the right to boot people out or delete post as and when, the official right to step into a thread where someone has been out of order and give them a polite warning would be better.

Things got out of hand the other evening and a comment was made about me that was out of order, the admin were not involved that i know of but it would have been nice to know that someone could have said, that's out of order, don't do it again! It came down to the person who had started the thread to delete it and this may not always be possible.
                              Someone that is well known on the forum, trustworthy and who is signed in most evenings as that's when the trouble seems to be.
                              If things are as some people say, just playing around, then there will be no need to step in but we will all know who to turn to, should we get abuse rather than going in all guns blazing. (however fun it may be sometimes!)

No offence meant to the current admin, you are doing a great job, just so there is someone around when you guys can't be!
                              GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

No, but I'm not a gobsh1te with something o prove - he doesn't wind me up at all - he's proving himself to be an a55. So what? I really dont see the problem.

He'll either join in with the happy family or get fed up when no-one takes any notice any more.

With regards to the extra mods vote, I hope you'll note that I'm abstaining from that specific discussion. However Andy, you have to remember one simple thing. Most of us have been here long enough to know what the general norm is. Imagine someone coming to this site for the first time, and endearing themselves to one of those tirades. Is that an example you think any forum should set? You know the answer to that question just as well as I.

Comment

Working...
                                X