Customs & Excise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    sounds like good news to me, what's the betting milners are all out of fuel filters?
    because my surf now smells like a chippy, i was wondering if i put some chilli sauce and a pitta breadin the fuel filter i'll get the smell of kebabs!!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I was wondering if I collect the waste oil from my local (and totally wonderful) indian restaurant whether I'll get the smell of bhajis. That would be fantastic!!!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        sounds like good news to me, what's the betting milners are all out of fuel filters?
        There's always some on eBay. Got one last night! Will keep it in the truck (after June 30th of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          I was wondering if I collect the waste oil from my local (and totally wonderful) indian restaurant whether I'll get the smell of bhajis. That would be fantastic!!!
          how about getting the waste oil from mcdonalds? im not saying their burgers taste like dirt, but the smell could be "surf and turf"
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            how about getting the waste oil from mcdonalds? im not saying their burgers taste like dirt, but the smell could be "surf and turf"
            Don't you mean "surf & turd"
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Bugger me. Just gave up half way through this thread and went straight to the end. Some of you lot are big girls blouses for worrying. Apache, they won't lose cartloads of revenue on newer vehicles because a lot of them would need sizable modification to work with straight SVO. Tolerances on a lot of engine components these days wouldn't accomodate the extra viscosity of oil in the derv.

Producer is a theoretical name, btw. Anyone not buying fuel from a fuel producer, and somehow creating their own fuel source is a producer, within the broader context. And using a food item for fuel would class one as a producer.

Also, all SVO, by definition, meets their criteria, whether processed into biodiesel or not. The only reason this has ever been a confusion is due to the tardiness of C&E, trying to say that SVO wasn't within their definition of biofuel. All SVO's are. WVO, possibly not, in some cases, asit would depend upon its contaminants, but even then I'd be surprised if it didn't meet and exceed their definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                There's always some on eBay. Got one last night! Will keep it in the truck (after June 30th of course)
                There are also cartloads of alternative filters.

Fuel filter (All Models):

Toyota 2330364010
                Toyota 2330364020

Fiaam FP5091
                Fram P4922
                Mahle KC83
                Mann WK828
                Unipart GFE5316

Daihatsu 2330364010

Mazda R2N513ZA5

VW J2330364010

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Apache, they won't lose cartloads of revenue on newer vehicles because a lot of them would need sizable modification to work with straight SVO.
                  That wasn't my point.

My point is that the small bio producers will go out of business because they will make more than 2500 litres a year (about a surf worth a year) so will have to pay tax (and thus pass that on).

People who *can* run on SVO blends (like us lot and other owners of old diesels) will use veg from Costco etc so the small commercial producers will lose out.

When they go to the wall, the big fuel companies will bring a biofuel to market that everyone can use, charge through the nose (hey, it's green, it costs!) and the govt will put a blanket tax on all bios again.

Thats what I reckon, but I'm a disbelieving tw*t

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    There are also cartloads of alternative filters.

Fuel filter (All Models):

Toyota 2330364010
                    Toyota 2330364020

Fiaam FP5091
                    Fram P4922
                    Mahle KC83
                    Mann WK828
                    Unipart GFE5316

Daihatsu 2330364010

Mazda R2N513ZA5

VW J2330364010
                    Handy list mate! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF
                      And using a food item for fuel would class one as a producer.

Does that mean I can run me surf on turnips??
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
                        That wasn't my point.

My point is that the small bio producers will go out of business because they will make more than 2500 litres a year (about a surf worth a year) so will have to pay tax (and thus pass that on).

People who *can* run on SVO blends (like us lot and other owners of old diesels) will use veg from Costco etc so the small commercial producers will lose out.

When they go to the wall, the big fuel companies will bring a biofuel to market that everyone can use, charge through the nose (hey, it's green, it costs!) and the govt will put a blanket tax on all bios again.

Thats what I reckon, but I'm a disbelieving tw*t
                        You were on about the Government in that bit I replied to, weren't you? Even then though, the small producers might lose some trade, but they shouldn't be too badly affected. You forget what 95% of the population are like these days. Idle tw@ts with regards to manual work. We on here are a but a few, not the majority. Can you imagine any of the 'middle classes' producing bio in their garage? Not a chance. Unless they're trying to keep up and in with the neighbours, and doing it for the image.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
                          Perhaps, Baldrick.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
                            yer but you got to chew them up a bit first..
                            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

• They just had a car that runs on methane produced from rotting apples on 5th gear
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodzie
                                They just had a car that runs on methane produced from rotting apples on 5th gear
                                Good stuff methane. It's getting it compressed into a liquid form in a usable quantity that's the problem, but production of it is easy enough. Plus, it's totally eco-friendly too, as you're preventing what would usually be just a waste gas from entering the atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X