Customs & Excise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs & Excise.

Somebody I`ve talked to has had an email from the c&e stating as from 1st july you will not have to pay duty on veg oil for the first 2500lts.

Has anybody else heard this?

I've had Zip as regards confirmation of the change, however this months return has yet to grace my doormat.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Maybe this should help answer your questions:

HMR&C

This is great news, looks like I'll be using veg-oil from next month.

Unbelievable, a sensible decision from a government body, wonders will never cease to amaze me. (But it probably means I've misunderstood something, or missed a vital point)
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

WOW cant believe it!!!!!!!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

? so if I go to asda and buy cheap veg oil and tip it into the truck there is no problem with HMC??

Yes / No

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
            ? so if I go to asda and buy cheap veg oil and tip it into the truck there is no problem with HMC??

Yes / No
            by reading that then no probs
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Right,i've never thought about running my Surf on the veggie stuff but now it's lookin more inviting.

Not clued up whatsoever. So bio fuel??? Is that just a mix of derv and veg oil or is there more to it??

Do you need or ment to keep a record of what you use?? Can you use the veg oil for cookin the books??

Cheers.
              www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

not that ive paid a penny in tax on my veg oil but about bludy time too
                if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

SVO and WVO are NOT classed as 'biofuels' as such though are they?

If I dont have to pay tax on sticking Morrisons finest in the tank, bring it on, but it just seems too good to be true...
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                    Right,i've never thought about running my Surf on the veggie stuff but now it's lookin more inviting.

Not clued up whatsoever. So bio fuel??? Is that just a mix of derv and veg oil or is there more to it??

Do you need or ment to keep a record of what you use?? Can you use the veg oil for cookin the books??

Cheers.
                    just keep a record for 6 years of what oil and fuel you use but how honest you are depends on what amount of oil you keep records for.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      SVO and WVO are NOT classed as 'biofuels' as such though are they?

If I dont have to pay tax on sticking Morrisons finest in the tank, bring it on, but it just seems too good to be true...
                      I feel a balloon bursting.....

Comment

As long as you use below 2500 liters a year you pay no tax!!! only after the 30th june.
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Do you still have to register as a biofuel user?
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                            I feel a balloon bursting.....
                            I'm with you on this one. Why the sudden turn around?Maybe this is to sucker everyone in before they go for the jugular. Watch this space!!

Comment

i think you need to register , but dont need to do returns, untill you do go over 2500ltrs or if you have reason to believe that you will go over 2500ltrs. if you're not registered then why would you need to keep 6 yrs records?

bet the price of veg oil mysteriously goes through the roof

Comment

Working...
                              X