Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maverick
    Here we go make what you can of this.
    You'll notice on page 2 it does state "other fuel substitutes" which if I remember correctly is what SVO is classed as.
    I received the same letter this morning with my tax HO930 form so i guess that we are going to be tax exempt from the end of the month

Comment

veg oil

Originally posted by hawkwind
      I received the same letter this morning with my tax HO930 form so i guess that we are going to be tax exempt from the end of the month

it its any help they seem to be lumping the terms producer/consumer into one. as i have to fill out a vat return every three months for my small plc, ican often be found crying in the corner of the office crying, at the obtuseness of the form and its descriptions and required info!!. i did though speak to them yesterday about vat and whilst on the fone enquired about veg oil use.as a consumer you are regarded as a producer, but they couldnt say if i had to register/deregister for excise payment(cos they seem in the dark about it as well)
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

This seems to good to be true, there must be a catch
        I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
          This seems to good to be true, there must be a catch
          well!!!

sat at work as i am i have used my time wisely and done alittle research
          depending on which source you believe, the government doesn't believe it will make a to big a dent in their excise income because, a very small proportion of cars are actually capable of running on straight veg oil, this coupled with (and you must have noticed it on this forum)consumer mistrust/indifference
          makes their case. the hmrc phiosophy says that they will visit me to scan my accounts for vat irregularities "at some stage" 7 years down the line ive not seen anybody.this particular government has been slated so often for employing record numbers of civil servants,so just stop and think how much beauraracy this has created.by not bothering with tiny (under 2500 litres)
          "producers", they have reduced at a stroke the amount of paperwork they will have to process,now and in the future.the bottom line is no govt department seems to know what another is doing,resulting in mismanagement
          process errors etc.the other line you could assume is that when the govt realise many more cars are capable of using road fuel alternatives,what will they do then?, hopefully muddy the waters even more,because when they introduce a ramp of new punative measures(think child support agency) the wholesale mess results in failed prosecutions and large amounts of compensation. this has happened to me with regards to corporation tax ie the govt demanded £19 000 . i said i didnt owe this they prosecuted and ended up giving me money back!!.i say lets all run on veg oil and when they realise they have messed up(again) en masse qsk "what do you propose to do about it"

rant over
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

So am I right in saying, I don't even have to tell C&E I'm using SVO, but I must keep records for 6 years of the amount I have used?

Can keeping a record be just noting down in a book how many liters I have used each week?
            I Love Wales

Comment

I have just had my letter from C&E and i am now de-registered and will no longer pay for the svo i am using,but have to keep records for 6 years.

C&E know that i am using svo from tesco as it was stated when i first registered with them so i don't think there will be any catches or anything to try and collar us and fine us
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Wooohoooooo!!!

Thats gonna save me a fortune!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Its even better for people that travel long distance to the surf meets as their fuel bills will be halved

Just a quick plug for the RTTS in September

Comment

Hehe, if I'm free I'll be there - powered by chips!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

so if i am right ( not offten) is that about 48lts a week ?
                      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                        so if i am right ( not offten) is that about 48lts a week ?
                        yup and it works out as 2496l over a 52 week period

Comment

here's a copy of the letter which states bio-fuels and fuel substitutes

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/stormforce1067/File0216.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            here's a copy of the letter which states bio-fuels and fuel substitutes

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/stormforce1067/File0216.jpg[/IMG]

just had mine, i'm going to have a bbq in celebration.
                            $$$$$$ good news!!. although my cash an carry has put the price of 20lt barrels od svo up a £.

Comment

Bring it on !

What a result just fitted the home made fuel fitter and now it will pay for its self in no time now as no duty to pay
                              Last edited by John McC; 16 June 2007, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
                                just had mine, i'm going to have a bbq in celebration.
                                $$$$$$ good news!!. although my cash an carry has put the price of 20lt barrels od svo up a £.
                                yep same here was £9'ish for 20L now just over £10 anyone know where we can buy bulk oil say in 200L drums ?

Comment

Working...
                                X