Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again,

Just hit a massive snag

My Surf has an underslung spare, this fouls the crossmember when I offer it up to the brackets.

Whats the solution? Do have to get a different bar or just a different Surf.....lol?

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Very nice but! Your'e back bumper is looking rather RUSTY on the inside
      Yep & on the outside as well on the drivers side

Comment

Originally posted by Monk67
        Many thanks Alan, Thats just what I needed and so quick too,
        That's strange my wife says exactly the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
          That's strange my wife says exactly the same thing

lol

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Did you not read the first post in this thread???
            yup but i am noooo good at fittin stuff.... and i found that the copmpany that makes these are just down the road from me...... so heading there to fit it.....

Stu
            http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
              yup but i am noooo good at fittin stuff.... and i found that the copmpany that makes these are just down the road from me...... so heading there to fit it.....

Stu
              You live in China?

Alan...

Comment

Hi again,

Just hit a massive snag

My Surf has an underslung spare, this fouls the crossmember when I offer it up to the brackets.

Whats the solution? Do have to get a different bar or just a different Surf.....lol?
                Sorry mate no idea, hopefully somebody else will be along in a minute with that answer, as you can see mine is mounted on the rear.

Alan...

Comment

Thanks for the pics Phaeton, just printed em off, should come in handy when i get round to fitting mine, although i got an underslung so might have the same clearance probs, but never mind we shall overcome, Effin printers cut off one side of the pics but i get the idea
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

You live in China?

Alan...

hehehe not far off m8... Sheffield...

Stu
                    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

At last, i`ve found the solution.............Just keep the spare in the back of the motor.

Comment

Hi again,

Just hit a massive snag

I,ve 31X10.5's and it fits ok with my underslung spare I did shorten the tow hitch bar by cutting it flush with the back of the bracket and rewelding the end of the box section back up, so that the plate is near the bumper rather than 6" in front.(photo is showing the bar before cutting) You may need to lower the spare out the way then refit after, it is tight but does fit. hope this helps John
                        Last edited by John McC; 18 October 2006, 18:19.

Comment

Not sure what you mean here, there's only one place to mount them?

Hope these help

Looks like it's been down all weekend, time to pay my dues & become a member I think, so the guys/girls can have some new hardware to play with.
                          Did you not drill and fix the bracket at this point ? (see photo and look at bracket)

Comment

Originally posted by John McC

I,ve 31X10.5's and it fits ok with my underslung spare I did shorten the tow hitch bar by cutting it flush with the back of the bracket and rewelding the end of the box section back up, so that the plate is near the bumper rather than 6" in front.(photo is showing the bar before cutting) You may need to lower the spare out the way then refit after, it is tight but does fit. hope this helps John

Thats no good, it`s the actual crossmember thats fouling the spare, I hav`nt even tried to fit the bracket yet. For now, i`m just gonna keep the spare in the back until I sort out my options.

Phaeton did say that he`s not finished with fitting his bar yet and that he will have to drill the holes in the chassis later (before using his bar)
                            Last edited by Monk67; 18 October 2006, 18:35.

Comment

Thats no good, it`s the actual crossmember thats fouling the spare, I hav`nt even tried to fit the bracket yet. For now, i`m just gonna keep the spare in the back until I sort out my options.

Phaeton did say that he`s not finished with fitting his bar yet and that he will have to drill the holes in the chassis later (before using his bar)
                              What size tyre you using as I said mine's tight but does fit. The cross member is right up against the bumper (well a couple of mm clearance) one thing I did do thinking about it was to gind the bumper brackets a bit to get the cross member closer and stop it vibrating against them.

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                                Did you not drill and fix the bracket at this point ? (see photo and look at bracket)
                                No didn't get round to it on the day I fitted it & wasn't too sure about the sequence to plates & tubes in the middle mounting. So decided to leave it, I haven't a towball & the electrics aren't wired up so there's no chance to inadvertantly using it before I get them in, have other jobs more pressing but think I have this weekend off unless 'SHE' decides we're doing something else.

Alan....

Comment

Working...
                                X