Clear All

liein arsed dogs? BUSTERS a BEAGLE
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      liein arsed dogs? BUSTERS a BEAGLE
      There's a few other name's i can think of when he's goin mental He's doin OK though,
      The tow bar looks like a sturdy peice of kit, made in china!!! but wot is'nt,
      how can they make it there ship it all the way here and sell it for 40 squid?
      beat's me, not that im complaining
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ordered minie Monday evening, arrived Wednesday morning, must say the courier was none too happy, it's a subtantial bit of kit.

Did anyone get an idiots guide or written one?

I have located the 2 side arms with a bolt at rear top (as in rear of car), this lines up the middle holes which are slots. In there I have used the pieces of tube with 1 of the square plates on each outside, using the longer bolts. I intend to drill the front mountings through the chassis & use the shorter bolts again.

However this does leave me 2 of the square plates with nothing to do, have I missed something?

Comment

Okay, bad form to reply to own post I know but,

With the setup I first had the crossbar was not wide enough so I have now in the middle mounting, plate, tube, plate then side bracket, this seems to straighten everything up right.

But I would be glad of input as I'm still not convinced I'm right.

Alan...
          Last edited by Phaeton; 23 September 2006, 19:15.

Comment

Afraid i cant be of much help mate, mines still sitting on the bench, also had no instructions, (prob would have been in chinese anyway) i think most people have had to drill extra holes, but it is cheap!, i've been too busy to even try em for fit so i cant be of much help to you, sorry, Ian

Comment

Sorry in delay for reply been away for the weekend. Ok there are basically four parts, two drop brackets one main bar and the tow hitch. The two drop brackets go on the out side of the main chassis beams. You will need to drill two holes one each side on the under side of the beams. You should be able to use the two outside holes (with a bit of brute false). On the drop down brackets you should see that one has a extra bit to re-locate the exhaust bracket. With the two drop down brackets on loosely you should fit the main bar. Then once all the bits are on tighten everything up and bobs your uncle nice cheap tow bar....Will post some pics if this is not clear enough

Comment

Cheer's John, That will come in very handy when i get round to fitting them,
                Much appreceiated Ian

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                  Sorry in delay for reply been away for the weekend. Ok there are basically four parts, two drop brackets one main bar and the tow hitch. The two drop brackets go on the out side of the main chassis beams. You will need to drill two holes one each side on the under side of the beams. You should be able to use the two outside holes (with a bit of brute false). On the drop down brackets you should see that one has a extra bit to re-locate the exhaust bracket. With the two drop down brackets on loosely you should fit the main bar. Then once all the bits are on tighten everything up and bobs your uncle nice cheap tow bar....Will post some pics if this is not clear enough
                  Thanks for the reply John, my only concern was the location of the 4 square plates & the 2 short pieces of tube. I have used these on the middle hole, I think I have chassis, plate, tube, plate then bracket, this appears to keep everything in line, but just wanted confirmation before I got the drill out.

Alan..

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
                    Thanks for the reply John, my only concern was the location of the 4 square plates & the 2 short pieces of tube. I have used these on the middle hole, I think I have chassis, plate, tube, plate then bracket, this appears to keep everything in line, but just wanted confirmation before I got the drill out.

Alan..
                    Just check'd and seems I have more spares than you, I only used two square plates on the two bolts that go through the vertical drops of each side never used the tubes ?

Comment

have to say, TonyN had mine figured out in a matter of minutes
                      I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        Cheer's John, That will come in very handy when i get round to fitting them,
                        Much appreceiated Ian
                        Ian If you need a hand fitting it then give me a call and should be able to pop over and give you a hand if needed..

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                          Ian If you need a hand fitting it then give me a call and should be able to pop over and give you a hand if needed..
                          Thanks very much for the offer John, it'll be a while before i fit it as i'm rushing to finish these garage doors i made to replace the up and over one,
                          then block up two windows so my mate can render the whole lot before the weather breaks, plus i want to under seal the bugger as well, i should be ok,
                          i'll give you a pm if i get stuck, Cheers Ian

Comment

Ian, you wouldn't have to set aside much time, from start to finish granted I didn't drill the holes it was less than an hour to fit.

Alan...

Comment

oh one other thing I did was to fit the electrics to the bumper as this means can take the main bar off (just 4 blots) if needed when off roading for extra ground clearance.And one other thing I have 31X10.5's with the spare slung underneath so I cut the tow hitch part back a bit as wanted to keep it close to the bumper,there are two setting on this one sticks out and one nice and tight to the bumper. There was only just enough space for the spare before fitting the last bit so had to cut it down and re weld the back up.

Comment

I noticed the two position option for the hitch plate, i'll see what clearance there is when its on, but will probably fit it at its most extended as i'm hopeing to fit some rear bars and i think these bolt onto the plate before the hitch, (i'm hopeing to get an adjustable hitch from roughtrax) the whole thing is gonna stick out a bit but thats ok as i dont "off road", it has enough trouble on the road also gonna grind off the electric's plate as i want to fit em to the bumper as well, i was a bit concerned about the hitch plate as everything you'll be towing is relyant on that one "butt" weld at the back of it, i'm sure it will prove adiquate but im a belt and braces type, i was thinking of welding on some extra triangular thick steel bits to the back as long as i leave room for the bolts, not sure about that yet, not that i'll be towing anything for a while,
                                I got to get in the right mind set Alan to do anything, like to take me time, i can always find a reason not to do something

Comment

Working...
                                X