Tow-bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow-bars

Hi folks somebody selling "TOW_BARS" on ebay for £40-00 he says he has got 200 for sale.
    Live Life To The Full

Originally posted by Hilux
    Hi folks somebody selling "TOW_BARS" on ebay for £40-00 he says he has got 200 for sale.
    wheres the link then ??
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

found it guys
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-hilux-s...QQcmdZViewItem
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-hilux-s...QQcmdZViewItem
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Which Surf do they fit then?

Comment

Just asked him the same question, if it fits mine then will have a ride over and get one on Tuesday.

Comment

It does give a 'or best offer option' he might get stuck with a few spare ones.
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Seem's very cheap!! I'm after a tow bar and very tempted, have you had an answer yet as to which gen they fit? (dont want to bombard him with the same question)
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Tow Bars

I got in contact with this guy last week after seeing his add on Ebay, at that time he had 100 bars and they were thirty quid.
                  He dig mail me with an address and a phone number, the bars were for a second gen.
                  below is his mail response.

You can pick it up Monday to Friday 9 till 5 and Saturday 8.30 till 12 just ask the service department,
                  92 Wiltshire road
                  Chaddesden
                  Derby
                  De216ez

Comment

Great!!! sounds alright then,

Comment

OK i've ordered one! so we will see, sounds OK and he answered my question very quickly, they fit 1st and 2nd gens and are new and boxed, He's updated his add with the fitment info, Prob had loads of the same questions
                      Post is a little high but even so there still cheaper than any others i've found,
                      I'm not bothered about the ball and electrics yet plus i want an adjustable
                      hitch plate, Ian

Comment

I went and got one yesterday. Was a bit of a bugger to fit, but went on in the end. Had to drill a couple of holes in the spare wheel carrier (underneath) as there were no holes for the bracket as my spare is on the back door.

There is also a bracket welded on the box section that I had to grind off as it fouled up on the rear bumper (see photo).

still not bad for £40

Comment

Originally posted by Granville
                          I went and got one yesterday. Was a bit of a bugger to fit, but went on in the end. Had to drill a couple of holes in the spare wheel carrier (underneath) as there were no holes for the bracket as my spare is on the back door.

There is also a bracket welded on the box section that I had to grind off as it fouled up on the rear bumper (see photo).

still not bad for £40

Got any pics on the truck so can see how much clearance you got for off road'n... Guess you could leave the extension bit off as well....Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by Granville

still not bad for £40
                            Is it a sturdy peice of kit Granville? its difficult to tell from the pics, ie box and bracket wall thickness, would you trust a caravan on there? My spare is underneath so any probs there? sorry for fireing questions at you but just sent the cheque off this morn for one, Ian

Comment

John
                              With the tow bar fitted (and extension taken off) it comes 4” below the rear bumper at the lowest point (photo with the tape measure). The box section comes about 1” below the back of the bumper.

Ian
                              The tow bar has a plate on it saying SWL 2500 Kg if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X