No announcement yet.

Tow-bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a few guys on here have them fitted, I think Chillitt and Ian619 are the latest.

Give them a coat of Hammerite before fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
      anyone had one of these??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ype=osi_widget

if so any good???

Stu
      Those towequipe ones are always on ebay at a low starting price but they never go cheap! your looking at about £120ish but that does include the plate,ball and single wireing, the £40 ones look like they will req a bit of drilling and messing about but their cheap! so i dont mind the extra work,
      Still aint got mine yet, the check should have cleared on monday so any day now
      Mickyboy got it- their 40 quids worth
      Last edited by POPEYE; 31 August 2006, 08:52.
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

tow equippe were doing the whole thing for i think 85 quid on a special offer, but that was last year. very easy to fit, but like the man said, it needs a coat of paint. they rarely include a wiring diagram, but there is one on here somewhere
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Right! getting worried, cheque cleared aweek ago (or just over) and still aint got the tow bar, i sent a couple of emails and he has'nt answered (yet), Did any of you guy's that picked em up from him have a telephone no for him, I think a little bit of verbal gingering is required The payment's shown up on my statement so he's definatly got it, some of these ebayer's are murder, Probably not out to rip you off but the lack of comunication makes you feel you have been,

Comment

Hi Ian the phone number is 01332 671000 and ask for Tom hope this helps. Seemed ok when I spoke to him and got mine next day so guess his just forgot about it. Anyway best of luck John

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
              Hi Ian the phone number is 01332 671000 and ask for Tom hope this helps. Seemed ok when I spoke to him and got mine next day so guess his just forgot about it. Anyway best of luck John
              Cheers John, I'll give him a call, I did eventually get an email appoligiseing and saying he'll see what happeden to it (two days ago) I hopeing the courier did'nt leave it outside as they sometimes do, had no card through the door though, Found a package from screwfix direct in the garden last week!
              barstewards ar'nt supposed to do that. Ian

Comment

Any progress on the towbar front? I've just got my Surf last Friday & want a towbar, but don't want to order from him if it's not going to turn up.

Are the towbars that people have got from him, BSI or whatever approved, just wondered if that's why they were so cheap?

Alan...

Comment

Deffo no probs with my purchase the bloke was mega helpfull and delivery was fast IE 2 days.

Fitting was a doddle with only two holes in the chassis webbing needing drilled.

Mucho quality for £40, fair chuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
                    Any progress on the towbar front? I've just got my Surf last Friday & want a towbar, but don't want to order from him if it's not going to turn up.

Are the towbars that people have got from him, BSI or whatever approved, just wondered if that's why they were so cheap?

Alan...
                    Well pleased with mine if you want one just ring him (01332 671000 ask for Tom) with a credit card and you'll get it next working day. As stated you do need to drill two holes in the surf to fit but for £40 its well worth it. Only other thing you may want to do is re-paint it as chips easliy. One good thing is if you dont put the eletrics on the tow ball but some where else like the bumper, you can with four bolts remove it so it wont get in the way off roading

Comment

Does it come with ball & electrics or is that asking too much

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
                        Does it come with ball & electrics or is that asking too much
                        Oh no there both extra got my electrics from The Range and the tow ball from a local trailer shop, as near as dam it £25 for both.

Comment

Phone'd Tom yesterday, Seem's like a nice bloke, look's like the courrier's lost it, after i emailed him the other day he say's the courrier told him it had been delivered so he thought no more about, he called me back to say they were looking into it, so they either lost it or left it outside and some c**t's nicked it, What happens then? i would think it's down to the courrier but not sure how it works, Just my soddin luck, The f**ker's are always leaveing stuff out side and no card through the door,

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                            Phone'd Tom yesterday, Seem's like a nice bloke, look's like the courrier's lost it, after i emailed him the other day he say's the courrier told him it had been delivered so he thought no more about, he called me back to say they were looking into it, so they either lost it or left it outside and some c**t's nicked it, What happens then? i would think it's down to the courrier but not sure how it works, Just my soddin luck, The f**ker's are always leaveing stuff out side and no card through the door,
                            As you did'nt sign for it its the Couriers loss
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Thought they would be, after all they carry insurance for loss, Oh well we'll see

Comment

WhooHoo! it finally turned up this morning, so the courrier's did'nt deliver it weeks ago like they claimed, Bunch of LAD's (liein arsed dogs),

Comment

Working...
                                X