• Show
Clear All

Top job mate, it looks good It's just that if something's cheap and
    trowsers come down its usually mine Nice truck too BTW Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks like I need to get a cheque in the post to.... very nice

Comment

Hi Ian did it turn up ok yet, just about to do mine via a card on the phone just wondered how the delivery went ? Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
          Hi Ian did it turn up ok yet, just about to do mine via a card on the phone just wondered how the delivery went ? Cheers John
          I payed by cheque mate so i wont get it till it clears, but he's emailed me to say he's got it this morn and will post as soon as, You should get yours before me, Hope its as good as the pic's, im always weary of a cheap deal.
          Ian

Comment

Yes me too, still at worse case might need to do a bit of welding/fabricating to make it fit. Still cheap no mater what way you look at it. Mind you been looking underneath and can not seem to see where its going to fit. There are holes on the main rails but can not see where the extra support on the left fits. Still will be nice to have a tow bar at last and with out spending a fortune. Fingers crossed John

Comment

i got one too should be with me early next week. I have to tow something pretty big next weekend, so fingers crossed eh!
              I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
                i got one too should be with me early next week. I have to tow something pretty big next weekend, so fingers crossed eh!

Hopefully mine will be here early next week but I wont get a chance to fitt it 'till Saturday

Comment

Ok got mine today and its fitted a bit of a squeeze with the under slung spare but got there in the end. Only thing is I had to drill two holes into the sub-frame as there were no holes ? to fix it. Nice and heavy gauge steel but only painted with enamel so chips like mad will think about repainting one day. Now just got to wire up the electrics.

Comment

Update

Almost gone round the bend since fitting the tow bar, went to work this morning and almost straight way had a vibration coming from the back. At first I thought it was the exhaust but after several hours tonight it turned out to be the back bit of the tow bar just vibrating against one of the bumper brackets. A quick grind with the grinder and now all is ok. Just thought I let you all know encase someone else get the same problem....

Comment

Cheer's John, Look's like a bit of work is required to fit these (alterations),
                      Still i dont mind that at the price, Wondering where he got his pattern from!
                      Hilux pick-up perhaps?, Aint got mine yet! no rush though as im tied up with these garage doors and i cant multi-task plus i want to paint the underside before i put it on, Ian

Comment

bit of a beast eh?! mine was delivered to work yesterday and I called up to speak with the receptionist who said it was probably a bit big/heavy to be taking on the tube! she's right. i also have an underslung spare but i will have the expert help of Tony and his grinder when fitting! Hopefully this evening.... tony, if you're reading this, see you soon!?
                        I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Picked one up on Monday fitted it Tuesday. Had to drill 4 holes, 2 in chassis and 2 in brackets, the pre drilled ones missed!!! Oh well I'd say they're about £40 worth!!!! LOL
                          Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
                            Picked one up on Monday fitted it Tuesday. Had to drill 4 holes, 2 in chassis and 2 in brackets, the pre drilled ones missed!!! Oh well I'd say they're about £40 worth!!!! LOL

I bet it looks a long way from the ground now!

Comment

Yeah baby yeah!!!
                              Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

anyone had one of these??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ype=osi_widget

if so any good???

Stu
                                http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X