No announcement yet.

insurance company's i've tried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a Surf or a 4Runner. If the latter then it's an official import. If it's a Surf, then they are all grey imports and you should tell the Insurer. Most mainstream companies won't tough "greys" at the moment.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Is it a Surf or a 4Runner. If the latter then it's an official import. If it's a Surf, then they are all grey imports and you should tell the Insurer. Most mainstream companies won't tough "greys" at the moment.
      It is indeed a Surf. Like I said, they correctly identified the car from the registration, it just wasn't marked as an import (and no way of telling them it was an import). I'll give them a call to make sure.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Insurance

Hi all i have a surf 2.4 ssrx on a L plate i am 35 my insurance was £317 fully comp with Tesco try them ?
        The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

insurance

I got mine with Tesco £317 over 10 yrs NCD for a 2.4 td suft ssrx i am 35
          try them?
          The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

We are with Footman & James, very friendly and helpful, COMPREHENSIVE : low £120 excess, MOTOR LEGAL EXPENSES, unlimited days abroad (green card) and uk + european breakdown cover included. (kinda Green Flag), 3 years NO Claims
            £379.05

Comment

surf insurance

i have just joined norwich union ( after many headaches with the indian call centre ) for £376 fully comp' on a 1996 ssr-x 3.0TD.... 36 yr old, parked on a drive & 9 years NCB - churchills wanted £45 more & swinton hadn't got a clue if they did or didn't !!!!
              [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

We tried Norwich Union,but after 15 minutes with the Indian call centre we gave up.
                It would have been easier if someone there actually spoke English.

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                  Try Liverpool Victoria and dont take "We dont do imports" until you get through to someone who knows what they are talking about.

http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/c...troduction.htm

But it says 'no jap imports' the site, so sod 'em!

Comment

Try them all then give Lifesure a call.....

I have spent much of this afternoon ringing the insurance companies listed in this thread.

I am currently with Haden Welbeck who stung me for £467 last year. I shudder to think what my renewal premium is going to be!

I have just been on the phone to Lifesure who have quoted me happy at £327 for insured and spouse, fully comp, protected NCB. That's £70 less than the next cheapest quote!

Category 1 is required for 3.0 TD but no anti-theft device is required for a 2.4 TD
                    http://www.lifesure.co.uk/motor.php

In comparison here are the other quotes I received for the same level of cover:
                    Sureterm Direct £397
                    Footman James £407
                    Tesco £437
                    A-Plan £452

Just received the renewal from Haden Welbeck:
                    £501 !!!! ...... Er..... no thanks.
                    Last edited by icsys; 31 August 2004, 15:36.
                    Ian
                    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

• Aint it funny that LIFESURE LTD is a new member
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

• Yes.. The guy I was speaking to asked where I heard of Lifesure and when I said through being a member of hiluxsurf.co.uk he replied... "Ahh I'm actually browsing that site now"... he was reading this very thread and thus knew exactly what kind of vehicle the Surf was.

Many of the ins co's I rang asked If I was a member of any motor clubs (not AA or RAC).
                        If hiluxsurf.co uk could be recognised as such a club then surely we could be in a position to negotiate club discounts????
                        Last edited by icsys; 25 August 2004, 18:14.
                        Ian
                        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

• Admiral

Just to let you know that ADMIRAL have just put the "Toyota Hilux Surf" on their list from Monday!

Had a quote and they are VERY reasonable!

Later!

hellmett

Comment

• Lifesure

We just went with Lifesure after reading the FAB info on this site, I must had called 10 companies from the list, got prices ranging from 800!! down to 400 (I have 3 points for being an idiot in a 30 zone and not paying attention 2 years ago). Tesco were next best at 500 and something.

However the interesting thing is ...ona 2.4TD SSR-X you don't need an imobiliser at all....well not in this postcode

We now have insurance cheaper on this that our 1.4 Peugeot!

Nx
                            Naomi
                            AKA - Mamadwyvin
                            www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

• Lifesure

Thanks to all who put forward Lifesure
                              They halved the premium I am paying at the moment.

Saving me nearly £400 - thats five Bronco grizzly claws
                              coming right up, and change to go for a slap up at Mrs Miggins.

Perhaps the Lifesure insurance thing should be a sticky post.

NO MORE TRUCK

Comment

• We know youre watching us Lifesure, giz a bigger discount or the rabbits get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X