insurance company's i've tried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotes

hi all,well i have gone a bought a hi-lux surf,1996 SSRG and went through the insurance companys on a previous post..i`m 36yr male,3pts(****** speed camera`s) and had a claim in april(protected)
    tescos quoted me £700, i went with prestige (0800 091 2452),they quoted me £362 fully comp £200 excess.

time for me to have some fun

Comment

• Insurance Renewal

That dreaded time of year again.
      Received a renewal from Footman James £441, f/c, p/n/c & brakedown.
      Had a ring around to see if I could do any better.
      Norwich Union could not quote me happy.
      Asda kept me on the phone 1/2hr at my expense to quoted the same.
      AA quoted £850.
      A Plan quoted the best at £365 for the basic policy, but as I like all the bells and whistles that FJ give I asked them if the could do any better.
      £385 All in.
      Well safe to say I asked where do I sign, Paid the money and the deal is done.

I found out an annoying fact in looking.

Before I bought my surf I had a rear end shunt not my fault, totalled my car and injured my wife and myself.
      Because we claimed 12k for the car and the personal injury from the guilty party one insurance company told me they could not give a competitive quote.
      So much for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but why penalize me for the other guy using my car as a brake on the motorway?

Oh well all in the past now and just think what will happen to the next guy who isn’t looking where he is going!

Comment

• Insurance

Just renewed mine with Churchill. £327 and covered for business use.

Comment

• surf insurance

Originally posted by skennedy2701
          I got mine with Privilege . I'm 40 4 years NCD and I got mine for 372 fully comp.
          Stephen

i am 46 and have 3 years no claims i have insured my surf fully comp with direct line it cost 350 but i had to have an immobiliser fitted
          it's a blue 2.4 litre diesel monster

Comment

• Ive just renewed mine with Lifesure (thanks to this forum).

Im 31, and have previously been with Tescos. They quoted me £330 this year, but i called a few people and Lifesure were the best. Their quote was £226 which is fab. £100 in my back pocket.

Thanks a lot

Comment

• Woohoo! Just got my renewal notice this morning from Tesco.....£271 fully comp!

Comment

• Got insured from A-Plan, have no no claims (due to compny car for last five years) one sp30 speeding fine, £355 fully comp, very chuffed.

Lifesure could match it but i went with A-Plan as they have local branches near me.

Every one else was coming in at anywhere between £580 and £756.

Comment

• Lifesure have given me excelent cover fully protected no claims (plus as many claims as I like), hire car if needed, fully comp, me & missus as named drivers, 90 days foreign travel £375. Could get cheaper but not all the cover. Admiral cheaper £343 tried loads of others

Comment

• just about to buy my first surf - its a 3rd gen ssrg, finding insurance was easier than i thought, got a few competative quotes listed below

for me and missus 27+26 yrs old, 6 points on my licence for speeding 8 yrs no claims.

tesco - £770
                    rac direct - £487
                    hyperformance - £496
                    lifesure group - £454
                    a-plan - £395

all fully comp in the region of £250-£300 excess + £60 glass excess, legal cover and 90 days europe cover.

A-Plan came out tops not only on price but on value too as they had NO MILAGE RESTRICTION and had an excess £20 cheaper than the others. Gave lifesure the oppertunity to compete but were unable to beat this quote. Have to say lifesure know their stuff and were very helpful though. Thing is, Price will get my custom 'nearly' every time. Maybe next year Lifesure.

Comment

• Originally posted by garyandbeth
                      just about to buy my first surf - its a 3rd gen ssrg, finding insurance was easier than i thought, got a few competative quotes listed below

for me and missus 27+26 yrs old, 6 points on my licence for speeding 8 yrs no claims.

tesco - £770
                      rac direct - £487
                      hyperformance - £496
                      lifesure group - £454
                      a-plan - £395

all fully comp in the region of £250-£300 excess + £60 glass excess, legal cover and 90 days europe cover.

A-Plan came out tops not only on price but on value too as they had NO MILAGE RESTRICTION and had an excess £20 cheaper than the others. Gave lifesure the oppertunity to compete but were unable to beat this quote. Have to say lifesure know their stuff and were very helpful though. Thing is, Price will get my custom 'nearly' every time. Maybe next year Lifesure.
                      Try Sureterm Direct - They are by far the cheapest that i've found!! their details are on the roughtrax website!

The cover you for greenlaning and shows which s always an added bonus! They undercut my cheapest quote by £135.00 this year!

(and no i don't work for or have anything to do with them, other than my insurance)
                      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Working...
                      X