1994 4Runner V6 3.0 aka The Beast..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reassembly of the Front Bumper..

..and refit, together with the In Bumper Indicators..

Bumper Spot Light Holes will get Rubber Grommets..

Comment

The original Grill from the 4Runner was tired, dented, cracked and had snapped in one of the corners, so for £29 getting a replacement from KS International was a No Brainer. I did however use the original Badges; the Grill requiring a little surgery to install the V6 moniker. Funny how putting that in place brought a smile to my face.

New Grill clicks and snaps into place with no bother. What a transformation [I have said that a lot on this Thread, I know]..

Comment

Fitted the missing Piece to the Puzzle.. Front Registration Plate..

Last edited by kingroon; 14 August 2024, 15:00.

Comment

Remember that Rear Bumper..? Well, got the Dent knocked out of it for £60 by a Local BodyShop, and they did a superb job.. It was a tricky one, since the dent had pushed up the top of the Bumper, creating a lump, so not just a case of smacking it out from behind etc.

Once home, I set to preparing it for Paint..

..but even as good as the repair was, it needed a little bit of Filler..

I wanted to protect the inside of the Bumper too, so Wire Brushed it down [yes I was intended to Soda Blast, but things change, and I really didn't think Soda Blasting was appropriate when a bit of Elbow Grease was going to get the Job done..

A Baking Hot Summer's Day sorted Paint Drying time, so I could tackle the front on the same day..

Comment

Of course, I treated the Side Bumper Returns to the same inside & out attention..

Little bit of Repair required on one of them..

Inside..

Outside..

Comment

All three Pieces looking great in the Late Afternoon Sun..

Tackled the Plastic Bumper Cover too, which is NLA to order new [although I did find one in Europe, but as damaged stock] and mine was in great condition albeit Weather Worn.. Used some magic Meguiars Ultimate Black, and bingo..!

Last edited by kingroon; 14 August 2024, 15:31.

Comment

Reassembled..

..and ready to fit..

Now that looks better..

Comment

Sticking with the Rear End of things, a little thing that always caught my eye was the Sun Damaged Fog Light..

..and short of sourcing a new one for £150 [!!] from an Ebay Seller in Spain, I could probably get one from a Breaker albeit only in slightly better condition.. So I opted for a Headlamp Restoration Kit..

The Kit involves [if you are not familiar with it] removing scratches and grooves etc. with graded Sandpaper, which can be aggressive to Paint and old Rubber. So, I removed the Lamp Unit entirely and tucked it inside the Tailgate Panel, then masking the Paint surround, bolted the Lens back to the Tailgate.

Using the supplied Drill Bit Sandpaper Applicator, using the graded Wet & Dry paper ensuring there was always plenty of Water applied from 800 to 3000.. Rinsed afterwards and then polished using the Cutting Paste in the Kit..

Once polished, wash the Lens and apply a light coating of the Aerosol Lens Protector and buff to shine..

Bloody hell that looks better..

Comment

Walked down the side of the 4Runner and tackled the unbelievably fogged and jaded Wing mounted Indicator Lenses..

Not sure if these had been removed since they were installed on the Assembly Line in 1994..! Clean up, bit of Paint restore, twist the Fitting into the back of the new Lens, and Bingo..

It's the little things that can make the biggest difference.. Pricey though, £16 from RoughTrax4X4..

Comment

I have been contemplating the [re]fitment of the Fender Flares for some time, pretty much since I removed them back in 2022..! But with the refurbishment of the Bumpers, I have decided that the 4Runner needs them to balance its appearance [MOT Failure notwithstanding]..

The original Fender Flares were shot, cracked and binned soon after removal, and whilst I have the Rears from the Donor Section used for the Bodywork, I am still short a set of Fronts.. Does anyone have a spare set for sale..?

Quick clean to assess any damage revealed a bit of a ding..

Sanded down, washed to remove any contaminants and blasted with my Wife's Hairdryer, it was ready for Filler treatment..

Into the Spray Booth [i.e. hanging from a Tree by a Wire Coathanger] for Plastic Primer, the Work looked pretty bloody good..

Using that lovely bit of Heavily Worn Wet & Dry, I gave the Fender Flare a light going over, before coats of Colour Coded Aerosol by Paint Nuts..

Came out pretty good..

One down, three to go..!

Comment

Working...
                      X