No announcement yet.

1994 4Runner V6 3.0 aka The Beast..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for a Frame of Reference on those Underside Shots, here it was before the Work started..

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Electric Fan installed in lieu of the Factory Viscous Fan, which I'm sure was faulty anyways. It would start to spin from the moment the Engine was fired up.. Parasitic drain on the Horses too, and they don't tend to come in their Hundreds on the 3VZE so any saved / salvaged is a Bonus..!

Next, on to the Tracking.. New Everything on the Steering and Front Suspension means a Big Job, but a Job that has a very happy ending nonetheless..

Looking good..

Comment

Next, Road Testing..

Tracking was perfect, as was everything but 1st and 3rd popping out, but a Gear Box Oil Flush will sort that..

MOT on Tuesday Next Week, will report back then..

Comment

So, the MOT..

Of course it was a PASS..!

Collection is scheduled for this Saturday, thereafter driving some 200 Miles back Home in North Kent..

Comment

Arrived in Somerset on Saturday to collect, Weather wasn't playing ball, but the Beast felt so mechanically sound and solid that I barely noticed the Wind & Rain..

Just over 3H to drive the 120 Miles which was absolutely amazing given it was the Saturday before Xmas..!

No issues on the Journey Home..

Comment

Listen for the Giggle..

Comment

I have been considering my Paint Plan, and thinking I can do it myself..

Only the [4] Doors and Rear Quarters need Paint, really, with the rest of the Truck probably requiring "only" a Passive Aggressive MOP Deep Polish..

Opinions..? Suggestions..?

Comment

I'm not a painter, but I would suggest polishing first what is not going to be resprayed, then you will have more of a chance of colour matching, as white is not easy to match
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                      I'm not a painter, but I would suggest polishing first what is not going to be resprayed, then you will have more of a chance of colour matching, as white is not easy to match
                      I was thinking exactly the same.. Give the Bonnet, Wings and Roof [and the Fuel Filler Flap] a good going over with a MOP, then I can send off the FFF and get a true match on the Paint ..

Comment

Well, that wasn't in The Plan..

Manoeuvring at low speed after a 15 Minute drive, a Puff of White Smoke appeared, then a bigger Plume.. Instantly went to Blown Head Gasket, parked it up and turned it off..

So, any advice on a replacement Kit..? Don't want to cut on cost, so would prefer something better than OEM / highly regarded / Performance etc..

Appreciate there aren't many 3VZ-E Engines Owners in the UK, so hoping that those that do read this..

Comment

Oh, no sorry that happened to you, after all that work.
                          can you send pm?

Comment

Would it be worth having a donor?
                            not mine, just came across it
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/HILU...9054361027264/

Comment

Yeah, it was a Sinking Feeling moment..

But, all is not lost, It's just a case of How Much to fix it.. So, I have ordered a rather Long List from LCE Performance in the US, with some other bits still to find..

Click image for larger version

Name:	LCE.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1297757

I have booked in some Ramp Time at a mate's Garage, and with [quite a lot of] his help, I'm going to do this Top End Rebuild myself.

Comment

4Runner was collected yesterday, and taken to the Garage where it will wait until its allocated Ramp Day on February 9th for the Engine Tear Down..

Head Gasket Kit arrived too, this one from AJ USA, which comes recommended as a quality set..

Timing Belt and Idler & Tensioner Pulley kit to source.. Think I might have to go the US for that, as that is where I got the kit that was fitted only a few months ago..

Comment

Working...
                                X