1994 4Runner V6 3.0 aka The Beast..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to more forward, literally..

Rear Seats came out okay, but the Fronts gave me a surprise.. The Passenger Mounting Frame has a split in it at one of the Feet, added to the fact that the securing Bolt was rounded I decided to sacrifice the Foot and grind it off enabling removal the Seat.. Yes, somewhat rudimentary and yes, I butchered the Mount, but I could/would not have put the Passenger Seat back in the 4Runner with the Foot the way it was anyways, so..

Ready for Sound Deadening..

Last edited by kingroon; 13 June 2024, 09:20.

Comment

I was going to skip the Taping this time, but something inside me just couldn't let that happen..

Comment

I put a little section between the Transmission Rubber Gaiter and the Body just for good measure too..

In with the Carpet.. Laying the Carpet out on the Lawn, I thought I might just check the alignment of the New with Old lying on top of it.. Can you imagine my surprise when I flipped the Old Carpet, and found a Dog stuck to the underside of it..??

The New Carpet went in very well, with markings in the Mass Backing to help me with trimming.. Nevertheless, I went with a Measure Three Times / Cut Once approach..

After bumping my Head about two dozens times, cutting both hands comprehensively on the Stanley and getting Carpet Burns on both Knees, it started to look pretty good..

Yes, happy with that..

​​​​​​​

Comment

With the Carpet finally in, I also got back a lot of Floor Space in my Garage, restoring my Work Out Space in the process..!

Comment

While I have painted most of the Plastic Trim that lines the Sides of the 4Runner [Rear Quarters, A & B Pillars etc.] I thought that for the Cockpit I'd go with something a little more luxurious..

Abode Window Films do a very nice Adhesive Backed Faux Alcantara..

It's very easy to go Over The Top with Alcantara, so I am only using it on the Centre Console area, although in fairness, the finish I got on these Parts got me thinking about covering the Dash..

Comment

Seats in, and hoovered throughout.. Looking great..

Assembled and refitted the Centre Console..

The finish on the covering looks odd, so please believe that they are indeed the same colour.. In person the finish is uniform and looks really really good..

Steering Cowling not in place in this Photo, had sourced a new [salvaged] part the original had been butchered by the Garage in Somerset trying to get it all back together.. Self Tapping 2" Screws used instead of the factory Screws..

Comment

Turned my attention to something that has irked me for a while; the Under Bonnet Sound Deadening.. It was in a right state, tatty, ragged, torn and fraying.. Plus it was filthy under there..

Yes, I know there are Bigger Fish to Fry with the 4Runner, but sometimes it's good to take the Quick Wins.. 20 Minutes [okay, maybe 30] with some T-Cut and it was looking great, or at least better..

..and sourcing the replacement part from Eyurop4X4 was an expensive but rewarding hunting..

That looks better..

Comment

Dedicated Shot of the MOMO, in case you missed it above..

With the replacement Cowling too.. Need to work out what I am going to do to that to bring it up.. I have been "experimenting" with Hydro Dipping a few pieces, nothing too grand, just little contact pieces here and there to lift the Trim etc. You may have noticed the Coin Tray and Switch piece, above..

Comment

Before and After of Hydro-Dipping to a Carbon finish..

The finish is remarkable and have already installed a few pieces in the Cabin..

Wicked Coatings is the company I have gone to, both the service and the finished product is absolutely top notch.. https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/

Last edited by kingroon; 12 July 2024, 15:18.

Comment

Enough with the Inside for a while, time to do some Work to the Outside whilst the Sun was shining [but more importantly, that it didn't start Raining again]..

The Rear needed a bit of a Bum Tuck, with the Bumper looking tired and the Tailgate having its lower section covered in shitty Underseal.. Bumper removal is straight forward, then it was a case of White Spirit and Elbow Grease to remove the Gunk..

That looks better..

Comment

Rear Bumper is a job all by itself, that will take some Soda Blasting.. I'll tackle that this coming Weekend so will report back next week.. In the meantime, here are some Before Photos..

The Dent will have to come out before I do any Paintwork: Blow Torch, a Hammer and some Filler are on the Menu..

Comment

Attention turned to the Front, where a very tired Grill, Headlamp & Bumper Combo meant that whatever I did, it was going to look better.. First, disassembly..

Front Bumper is held on by 4 Bolts at the Brackets and 2 at the Bumper Corner supports.. Remember to disconnect those Bumper Indicators..!

Side Indicators off next, and then the Grill which is easily removed without the Bumper in the way.. Push the Clips' catch with a narrow head Screwdriver..

..and finally the Headlamps units..

Comment

Front Bumper needed some love too, although no major Blasting required, just Sanding down to a paintable state.. I indulged in a bit of Filler work around the Spot Light Holes that I have decided not to weld up, as I think I might stick a set of Spots on there are some point; until then they will be blanked off..

I wanted to treat the inside of the Bumper with some Rust Protection and Prevention to the bare metal, using a Hammerite product.. Mask off to prevent any overspray..

I appreciate the Photos of each coat of Paint might not be the most exciting of viewing, but good to see the depth of the Black coming up.. Three Coats all up..

Comment

Lower Valance Panel got similar treatment, although with a Plastic Primer before laying down the Satin Black..

So happy with the result, looks perfect, even in the unforgiving sunshine..

Comment

Back at the Truck, having cleaned up both the Socket and the Eyeball, time to reinstate..

Comment

Working...
                                X