grizdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dropping like flies

another bites the dust here also...sister/borther-in-law having problems with their vehicle and possibly need my vehicle to tow Horse Trailer to event tomorrow at Milnrow (Birchenley Manor).....if the niece wasn't so far up in rankings I would have still attended the meet but must apologise and retire for this weekend.

Hope you guys and gals have a great time as the views are spectacular
    Gaz

Comment

enjoyed day like to thank bobert67 for showing the way the old beast kept up with the vitara. was there a delay at the manchester end we waited until about 11.30.there was five cars in convoy just about right as passing ramberlers might of passed out with the sight of more, disco stu (my mate ) left us early and said he seen five surfs around grizdale was that the late comers if it was hope you had a good a day as i had .looking forward to another outing. colin

Comment

nice one colin tnx. to post again lol >>> was a good day sorry the rest couldnt make it . us sukuki guys got back after doing garburn and 2 others at 8pm last one being walna scare in the dark now that was scary hope the guys who turned up had a nice day and apoligies for the lack of orginization
        [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah, 5 of us met up on the M6, and went round together. We started up Walnar Scar (would NOT want to do that in the dark )

Fun day for all except possibly Neil (broken axle).
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by bobert67
            hope the guys who turned up had a nice day and apoligies for the lack of orginization
            I think were all to blame for the lack of orginization, I think everyone was relying on everyone else but no one had a clue .

Never mind we still had an interesting day Walna Scar, Grizedale over to Esthwaite and a couple of Fords to end the day.....good fun if a bit extreme at times.

Hope you got home ok Neil and hope you get the Rangey sorted out soon
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kazam401; 26 September 2004, 21:48.

Comment

sorry i missed it looks like u all had a good day, nice pics.
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

ah looks like you lads toog the easy route dont see mutch more than tarmac there lol anyway glad ya all made it hope you enjoyed
                [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Motomachi 5, Sollihull 0

Thanks to all for team spirit on Sunday.
                  The Strange Rover did the entire return journey (via the Windermere ferry) backwards. Well, we were on a flatbed truck!
                  I suffered a 'mishap' and had to be pulled-out. Backwards, back onto the track. The combined effort of a Turbo-diesel and my V8 were a poor match for the two-foot, solid rock step. The compression on the (usualy tensioned) radius arm bent it like a babana and tore the fixing lugs off the axle.
                  Down and ahead was the only option. And we'd already decided to turn-back. And I'm glad that you other guys did.
                  On the road, I drive a 4-wheel steer Honda and I'd be the first to say how great it is but I don't recommend anyone try 4-wheel steer unless all 4 wheels are under your control. Scarry does not cover it!
                  How anyone could squeeze a Surf between those rocks amazes me. "Well done" to you guys in the other party.
                  Yea, I know I'm windbag!

Comment

Sounds like an interesting sort of day guys.

By the sound of it , we need the full story....& more pictures

When's the next one ??
                    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Here's some that I took. Unfortunately a couple didn't come out too well.

The last pic shows my underslung spare with cover slightly bulging from the couple of gallons of water that I 'acquired' going through a ford (oh, and my slightly cock-eyed, but still 'clinging on for dear life' fog light).
                      Attached Files
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Was it cold ???? As you where shivering when you took them pics
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

some good pictures there slugsie i did'nt have a digital camrea with me (wife is away down boots getting my photos developed).i don't know if anybody had a digital camrea on our expedition, hope they did to share are fun with you. bring on the next one. colin

Comment

Gutted

Looks like u all had a great time, gutted it couldnt make it. wont get my bits from milners till Tuesday but Ill be looking out for the next 1.
                            BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Looks like it would have been a good day again....sorry I missed it...but hey the youngest niece got two firsts and the eldest got a third...with both the young horses.....youngest now the leader and off to Festival of Champions at Birchenley in October...
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X