No announcement yet.

Offroad in the Pyrenees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats always been the deal. I was planning on sorting a co-driver as I said initially, cos its a hell of a long drive anyway.

Is this all gonna fall apart already then?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I may or may not be on my own, but will plan on a solo trip, unless providence provides a sexy female to accompany me.

I figure it's a 2 day day drive to get to the start point, the I guess it's a week on the trail, and then another 2 day drive back home.

I reckon about £500 on fuel, unless the French diesel is a lot cheaper than ours, or they do cheap veg oil.

And of course there'll be spending money, insurances of various types.

As I say, I will need to save up for that kind of expenditure.

Is this a camping deal, ie bring your own tent, or is there a web site to check out?
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Rob, the trip is on the Atlas Overland website. Peter seems like a nice chap. Email him for further details. Tell him you're wanting to come on the Hilux Surf trip.

Comment

Have emailed him with q's, will await his reply.
          Rob

Comment

Ok, got his reply, he's happy to hold my cheque until I get paid at the end of the month, and Harley can go too,( hehehe, that should be interesting)

According to the web site, tents will be required, plus whatever equiptment you see fit to make your trip easier.

Tools and vehicle spares will be required to be carried by everyone, as they only have bits for LR.

So, who's still in, and do we all send cheques to peter individually??
            Last edited by plumb bob; 10 February 2008, 20:00.
            Rob

Comment

Apache - I'll call the guy tomorrow and pay my booking. I'll be paying for two places but have no idea who the co-driver will be (but I know who I'd like to be there).

If we can't get a full group and he sells some places at the show at least we get to show up some sheddy Landies..........
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

So am i to assume that there is still places up for grabs? if so how much has to be paid and by when. I can't be arsed reading the whole thread so i'll read it at work tomorrow.
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

you'll need to pay £180 up front ( deposit) to secure a place, by the 17th feb, this secures 1 adult and one under 16, or the single supliment, but I guess if you end up taking a co driver, you can pay extra at the time.
                  Rob

Comment

Cool, sort my finances tomorrow and see if i can't get me some foreign dirt. Is it still £450 for 2 weeks and when is the balance payable?

Comment

Will give him a bell and pay mine tomorrow. Busy day tomorrow!

Taking Callum, and have a mate interested as a co-driver.

Comment

Its £455 PP if I recall. I'm sure he wont need the balance until much nearer the time. August 2009 is ages away!

Anyone fancy doing the Sahara trip in 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                          Cool, sort my finances tomorrow and see if i can't get me some foreign dirt. Is it still £450 for 2 weeks and when is the balance payable?
                          £445.00 + £275.00 for the single suppliment/under 16.

Don't know when the rest is payable, but the trip isn't until august 2009, so it won't be just yet.
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Its £455 PP if I recall. I'm sure he wont need the balance until much nearer the time. August 2009 is ages away!

I wouldn't mind, but I doubt it would be in my current surf, she'd be 22 yrs old by then.
                            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Yep

For what i'm gonna pay for this one the sahara seems a lot more value for money.

If i can get someone else to go with me i will go on the pyranees one, if not i'm going on the sahara one. ALONE!

Comment

I've just spoken to Peter at Atlas Overland. He couldn't take a credit card booking so I have to post him a cheque when I get home on Thursday.

BTW - he is going to be selling places for this trip on Sunday at the off road show (he has a business to run after all).

So if you do want a place on this trip I would advise you to get in touch with him and sort something out like wot Plumb Bob did - http://www.atlasoverland.com
                                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                                X